Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 470447 times)
imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #765 on: October 08, 2018, 09:07:57 PM »

I think that’s a fair assessment. Me=weak, him=off. But, I’m getting stronger everyday!! Side note, ordered a b2 coupler with my v5 pre order, so, staff arrival in November!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #766 on: October 08, 2018, 09:37:49 PM »

Got a good day of sabering in. I've been really focusing on control and speed transition with weapons training over the last few years and it has really made a difference. Even changed the way I spar. I put in an example of this is the beginning. Trying to accent speed on the strikes.

! No longer available

It's no fire sword, but it will have to do. Can't wait to see you spinning the fire sword in one hand, and a saber in the other Sam!

Still some of the best dual saber work I've seen.

So many questions.
Where is the new relic Relic Wars (rhetorical, I just want it NOW!)? When does Obi-Wan Wakanda get a staff? Will Master Elwood Graestar in a show of extreme gratitude to us all post tutorials 2 days after his own wedding (Yes. The answer to that one is yes.)? Will our heroes be able to save the day?  Will Master Venturous bless us with a new spinning video (please? Like, seriously, come on dude). Tune in next week for more: Tales from the Saber Artistry Section!

Shouts out to everyone!

Perhaps...

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #767 on: October 09, 2018, 02:59:41 AM »

@ Master Venturous - Much appreciated. It was some good stress relief. How are those is training with the nunchaku " saber " you picked up. I am thinking of making two out of some old US hilts and a chain.

@ Darth Silenoz - Relic Wars is slow going. Still planning on late November. Everyone's schedule will be rough after Oct. 27th, our last official J.o.E. meeting before the holidays. We do two big events in Nov/Dec that are not Relic Wars related.

@ Gumby - My right hand is always a little off. It's getting there though.  Cool Grin Here's an old trick for you to try. Your right hand is only allowed to " draw " numbers. Your Left hand however, has to " draw " the Alphabet. One is simple movements, one is more complex. Sneaky way to catch your " offhand " up to your dominant. " Drawing the Alphabet " is a freeform tip we train our Kali/Sword practitioners with.

@ Master Graestar - Any excuse to train I always say. I use a NiN/CellDweller/A Perfect Circle playlist when I train. Rare occasion I mix it up....very rare...

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #768 on: October 09, 2018, 03:20:49 AM »

@ Master Venturous - Much appreciated. It was some good stress relief. How are those is training with the nunchaku " saber " you picked up. I am thinking of making two out of some old US hilts and a chain.

Honestly, I haven't picked them up since the last Spin Wars video we made. Thoughts have been occupied elsewhere I'm afraid.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #769 on: October 09, 2018, 02:21:47 PM »

@ Gumby - My right hand is always a little off. It's getting there though.  Cool Grin Here's an old trick for you to try. Your right hand is only allowed to " draw " numbers. Your Left hand however, has to " draw " the Alphabet. One is simple movements, one is more complex. Sneaky way to catch your " offhand " up to your dominant. " Drawing the Alphabet " is a freeform tip we train our Kali/Sword practitioners with.

better than my way. whenever I want to improve my off hand, I tie my right hand behind my back and let my brother have at me. It definitely provides incentive to get better, especially since I do not have any gloves (I can barely feel my fingers on my left hand now.)

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -170

Matt Akur

« Reply #770 on: October 18, 2018, 11:36:48 PM »

Hi guys,

I hope you all fine! I couldn't practice for a while cause of a small accident  Roll Eyes. So finally I'm able to jump around in the night again. Yay!
Hope you like it, cheers  Wink.

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=FvtAB1dkljM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">youtube.com/watch?v=FvtAB1dkljM</a>

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #771 on: October 19, 2018, 12:03:06 AM »

Hi guys,

I hope you all fine! I couldn't practice for a while cause of a small accident  Roll Eyes. So finally I'm able to jump around in the night again. Yay!
Hope you like it, cheers  Wink.

youtube.com/watch?v=FvtAB1dkljM

Good to see you back! Nice clean flow still I see. Nice music too.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Matt Akur

« Reply #772 on: October 19, 2018, 12:14:16 AM »

Good to see you back! Nice clean flow still I see. Nice music too.

Thank you! Next time I'll record with a little bit more light. I couldn't see nothing  Cheesy

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #773 on: October 19, 2018, 04:13:20 AM »

Trying out a few levitation tricks. Summoning the saber to my hand and activating it, throwing the saber, orbiting the saber, redirecting the saber without touching it, creating a floating barrier, and repelling the saber with a force catch. I think I have the balance worked out a bit better this time, so I am able to make more rotations.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki2YwGdA5Yw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #774 on: October 19, 2018, 12:17:12 PM »

Hi guys,

Hope you like it, cheers 
Welcome back! Looking good, my friend!😄🤙🏻 i saw a few new moves in there, and it looks like you haven’t lost a step😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #775 on: October 19, 2018, 12:19:14 PM »

Trying out a few levitation tricks. Summoning the saber to my hand and activating it, throwing the saber, orbiting the saber, redirecting the saber without touching it, creating a floating barrier, and repelling the saber with a force catch. I think I have the balance worked out a bit better this time, so I am able to make more rotations.
! No longer available

Next step- TWO floating sabers!!!😄

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Matt Akur

« Reply #776 on: October 19, 2018, 04:26:03 PM »

Welcome back! Looking good, my friend!😄🤙🏻 i saw a few new moves in there, and it looks like you haven’t lost a step😊

Thank you Master  Grin. I try to add more strikes and searching for new connections  Cheesy

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #777 on: October 22, 2018, 07:38:06 PM »

I tried an asymmetrical staff for the first time the other day, that is harder than I thought it would be. the balance point was almost on the emitter of the longer saber completely throwing me off.

-Broadside

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #778 on: October 22, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »

I tried an asymmetrical staff for the first time the other day, that is harder than I thought it would be. the balance point was almost on the emitter of the longer saber completely throwing me off.
Yup, you have to mind the balance point- that’s where playing with the blade placement in your sabers can make the difference. I had the benefit of a few extra sabers to trim down. Also, if you go for a longer blade on either- it helps if you’re not 5’4 as well. (Judge me not by my size😉)
When i use a 32” in the mix, if have to reorient my entire wielding “ground level”, if you will. Meaning unless i’m doing a horizontal orbit(or spin) i have to wield it like i have 2 32” blades regardless of the mismatched setup.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2018, 10:32:00 PM »

yes, I noticed that whenever I tried to do a snake (obi-ani) the 32" would hit the ground almost every time. debating buying a 16" to use with my bro's 24". That may make it a bit easier.

btw I was using a 32" and 24" HG on an Aeon/Ini staff.

-Broadside

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: