Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 470632 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #855 on: December 15, 2018, 04:20:28 AM »

One of my favorite things about Spinning is when you are practicing a move and have been practicing it for a long time, and it just isn't right. You can't exactly put your finger on what is wrong with it, but you know it just isn't right. Then you either see a different tutorial or video, or something happens, and the next time you do the move, it is perfect. You can feel that it is right. That moment when it clicks in your mind and muscles and you know for a fact that you aren't doing it wrong anymore. That is a great feeling, and it is so satisfying when you finally get it right. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #856 on: December 15, 2018, 04:24:23 AM »

One of my favorite things about Spinning is when you are practicing a move and have been practicing it for a long time, and it just isn't right. You can't exactly put your finger on what is wrong with it, but you know it just isn't right. Then you either see a different tutorial or video, or something happens, and the next time you do the move, it is perfect. You can feel that it is right. That moment when it clicks in your mind and muscles and you know for a fact that you aren't doing it wrong anymore. That is a great feeling, and it is so satisfying when you finally get it right. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Yes man. All of it. I’m like that with everyone move that I learn . My most pride and joy of having that feeling was when I finally did the Reverse Grip Eclipse. I was practicing for three days straight for twice as long and twice as hard. I actually did it correctly early in one of my AM spins but didn’t watch it until DS mention the sequence I used was cool so I went back to look st it and noticed that I did it. I then tried it purposely and sure enough, there it was. Just clicked and kept going

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #857 on: December 15, 2018, 08:24:33 AM »

Yes man. All of it. I’m like that with everyone move that I learn . My most pride and joy of having that feeling was when I finally did the Reverse Grip Eclipse. I was practicing for three days straight for twice as long and twice as hard. I actually did it correctly early in one of my AM spins but didn’t watch it until DS mention the sequence I used was cool so I went back to look st it and noticed that I did it. I then tried it purposely and sure enough, there it was. Just clicked and kept going

Reverse Grip eclipse and regular Reverse eclipse were both ones that clicked like this for me.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #858 on: December 15, 2018, 01:32:56 PM »

My very first entry into the Spin Wars. It was fun working in this and seeing everyone’s entry.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpIjI7oSjEU&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #859 on: December 15, 2018, 05:44:13 PM »

Sorry...

quick vid from my IG channel:)
amazing work Master Elwood loved the jump lol I'm trying to start jumping rough with all my baggage lol

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #860 on: December 15, 2018, 05:49:31 PM »

My very first entry into the Spin Wars. It was fun working in this and seeing everyone’s entry.

Awesome dude, that was fun to watch and a great entry into spin wars.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #861 on: December 15, 2018, 06:13:51 PM »

Awesome dude, that was fun to watch and a great entry into spin wars.

Thank you, hazard.  I was nervous making the video but still had fun

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #862 on: December 20, 2018, 04:48:00 AM »

Master Venturous has issued a new challenge in "Infinit's Spinning Corner" And requested that it be posted here.

Horizontal Only Spins.

"Film 2 minutes using only horizontal spins and strikes. These can be over-the-head palm spins, around the neck, waste, etc. No eclipse spins, no plum blossoms, and so on. Either or both hands can be used, so long as everything is kept in the horizontal plane. Good luck!" - Master Venturous

I'm a minute short, but I learned to do some stuff I wouldn't usually think of. Forcing yourself to think outside your own box and comfort zone is the point of these challenges to me. I have to admit I started to swing straight up vertical right where I cut the video off. Lol.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BFh-K2ejM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #863 on: December 20, 2018, 09:43:20 AM »

Master Venturous has issued a new challenge in "Infinit's Spinning Corner" And requested that it be posted here.

Horizontal Only Spins.

"Film 2 minutes using only horizontal spins and strikes. These can be over-the-head palm spins, around the neck, waste, etc. No eclipse spins, no plum blossoms, and so on. Either or both hands can be used, so long as everything is kept in the horizontal plane. Good luck!" - Master Venturous

I'm a minute short, but I learned to do some stuff I wouldn't usually think of. Forcing yourself to think outside your own box and comfort zone is the point of these challenges to me. I have to admit I started to swing straight up vertical right where I cut the video off. Lol.
Sorry...[/url]

Awesome!! Way to swoop in for the challenge, dude🤙🏻!  Smoove action, and that through the legs toss?!! What?!  Yup- i gotta get in on this one😊

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -170

Matt Akur

« Reply #864 on: December 20, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »

Horizontal Only Spins.

Sorry...

Awesome moves man, looks great! The leg switch suprised me ice cold, haha  Shocked Wink

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #865 on: December 20, 2018, 04:12:14 PM »

Horizontal Only Spins

Film 2 minutes using only horizontal spins and strikes. These can be over-the-head palm spins, around the neck, waste, etc. No eclipse spins, no plum blossoms, and so on. Either or both hands can be used, so long as everything is kept in the horizontal plane. Good luck!

Here's my take on the challenge but couldn't get to two minutes before I dropped my saber.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmfVbqvcrSE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmfVbqvcrSE</a>

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #866 on: December 20, 2018, 08:47:25 PM »

Horizontal Only Spins

Film 2 minutes using only horizontal spins and strikes. These can be over-the-head palm spins, around the neck, waste, etc. No eclipse spins, no plum blossoms, and so on. Either or both hands can be used, so long as everything is kept in the horizontal plane. Good luck!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7vBGYC9ho" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7vBGYC9ho</a>

Sorry for the double post, I uploaded the wrong video earlier

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #867 on: December 20, 2018, 09:43:25 PM »

amazing work Master Elwood loved the jump lol I'm trying to start jumping rough with all my baggage lol
Thanks, Jaymes🤙🏻😊!  The jumps took a bit, and are still works in progress- but that’s why we train😉 good luck and be safe with your footing! Good grip, no gravel, easy on the knees if you have any issues with them- and plan it out first on the ground😉

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #868 on: December 23, 2018, 06:35:26 PM »

I did this last week- first time in a while with a staff, and the intent was actually to keep it a little slower, but the song really moved me.  This is also the first time i’ve flowed with synched with a full track. Impromtu freestyle with fumbles included😊
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cua8CZ2RDGM&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #869 on: December 23, 2018, 07:03:19 PM »

Thanks, Jaymes🤙🏻😊!  The jumps took a bit, and are still works in progress- but that’s why we train😉 good luck and be safe with your footing! Good grip, no gravel, easy on the knees if you have any issues with them- and plan it out first on the ground😉
Master Elwood 😁, I appreciate it and my jumping has improved I'm waiting for my sabers they return tomorrow from ultrasabers but I'll show you my best jump so far I'll post it in videos under all martial arts

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: