Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 473431 times)
Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -170

Matt Akur

« Reply #975 on: February 04, 2019, 09:18:19 PM »

I used a simple pipe cutter for 5 dollars. It worked well. You just have to tighten it in small steps and when you through the blade you can use a scissor or scalpel for the foil.
Btw it will have pretty drastic effects on the balance point of you saber. I guess it's all about experimentation until you find a setup that work for you. I still use a Initiate V3 for spinning.
It's not the coolest looking hilt but pretty affordable and easy to use. You propably know the spinning tutorials from Darth Cephalus and Master Venturous but I always recommend watching it. They are super helpfull and easy to follow Wink

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #976 on: February 04, 2019, 11:05:11 PM »

I haven't posted much lately, I've been more focused on other things.  But here's some stuff I posted over on IG fooling around with my cross guards.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omllEOPGaF4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFaWGJyz1QQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Matt Akur

« Reply #977 on: February 04, 2019, 04:53:26 PM »

Your dual wielding got so good, saw it with fire too! I love when you throw the saber over the other. Looks damn cool!  Cool

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #978 on: February 05, 2019, 02:14:20 AM »

I'm still out here playing around searching for some kind of inspiration.  I've been feeling very uninspired lately.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yII1MINONnY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&amp;ar=2&amp;video_id=EIupzzaabiE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #979 on: February 05, 2019, 03:33:38 AM »

@ Sam -  nice heaven six!!

@ Lady Revan - great training sessions. I see what you mean with the cross guard saber, thing is gi-normous

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #980 on: February 05, 2019, 04:01:25 AM »

Lady Revan. You'll get there, trust me.

Sam, watching you reminds me that I should really be working with my sabers more

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #981 on: February 05, 2019, 12:29:28 PM »

Great control with the duel sabers, Sam.  I think that's the slowest I've seen you spin, lol.  Looks good and your control of each side is great

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #982 on: February 05, 2019, 02:24:46 PM »

Sam, watching you reminds me that I should really be working with my sabers more

If you’d like some help shoot me a pm and we can work something out I’m sure.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #983 on: February 05, 2019, 02:58:22 PM »

I haven't posted much lately, I've been more focused on other things.  But here's some stuff I posted over on IG fooling around with my cross guards.

Sorry...

Sorry...

I'm not sure what's more impressive, your finger rolls into a toss with the single cross guard or you actually duel spinning with two cross guards... Most impressive, Sam. Most impressive indeed.  It's hard for me to decide whether you're Maul or Kylo so I'm going to say that you're both. Dark Lord of Crimson Dawn and Leader of the Knights of Ren.

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Matt Akur

« Reply #984 on: February 08, 2019, 06:24:57 AM »

Worked on a couple new spins and poses and tried to combine it...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4j-9bAoPrk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #985 on: February 08, 2019, 01:49:48 PM »

Looking good Matt. I like the poses man and your spins are always tight and perfect.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #986 on: February 09, 2019, 03:26:26 AM »

So uhhhh...I’ve been working on moving around better.  I’ve dropped about 30 lbs or so in the last few months (I was around 365 lbs...oof)  I’m feeling it in the foot work.  I just want to get under 300 and see how well I can move then.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOcoqD1RK8M&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #987 on: February 11, 2019, 12:13:26 PM »

Looking good there, Sam.  I like how you're flowing well with the music and you look great!  Keep up the good work dropping the weight off.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -26

Dark Side points appreciated.

« Reply #988 on: February 11, 2019, 05:57:33 PM »

Awesome video Matt Nihilus! Literally love everything about it, and you make it look so simple and effortless. Although i know it is not, and extremely difficult. I need much work, and your video is an inspiration for sure, so thanks for posting. Also, MAJOR credit to Samhain! Listen brother, that is a huge accomplishment dropping that weight, and you should feel super proud of yourself! I struggle with my weight, and it is not a fun process dropping it all, but working out while eating correctly and the results of it feel amazing. Not only that, but i feel my strength and movement improve, which is a plus when spinning and dealing with footwork. I for one am proud of you and look forward to seeing more improvement. Keep it up brother!  Smiley   Point.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"   -Darth Vader

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -26

Dark Side points appreciated.

« Reply #989 on: February 11, 2019, 09:56:51 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9zyAiAJ4ms" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>
    Please help... Is this motion/spinning correct? Need to know so i can button it up and move on to bigger and better things. Long way to go, but i hope its an improvement from my last video.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"   -Darth Vader

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: