Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 470495 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #990 on: February 12, 2019, 07:21:52 AM »

Please help... Is this motion/spinning correct? Need to know so i can button it up and move on to bigger and better things. Long way to go, but i hope its an improvement from my last video.

Looks good to me. Keep practicing it, and you will have it down. Out of curiosity, what length blade do you have on it? Generally I recommend a 32" blade for the Apprentice hilts (well, all of them actually, but since my go to is an Apprentice, and you saber is an Apprentice, I figured it didn't matter much). Wink Grin

Always good to see another person getting into spinning.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Randy Magnum
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #991 on: February 12, 2019, 07:41:46 AM »

Whoa!!!!! There is some seriously next level stuff going on in here.

"Everything is a deadly weapon if you try hard and believe in yourself.... and hate a person enough." Crazy cat lady down the street.

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -26

Dark Side points appreciated.

« Reply #992 on: February 12, 2019, 02:49:41 PM »

Thanks Taegin. Ive been using a 36" blade which is a major issue for me. I'm currently waiting on a 32" and a 24" to come in because the 36" is just too big. I'm glad the movements and spins are correct, I got fed misinformation on a tutorial I watched previously and so I finally got it down from Darth Cephalus' video. So big thanks to him also.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"   -Darth Vader

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #993 on: February 12, 2019, 03:37:55 PM »

Looks good to me.  I find the move looks best when done at a side angle with the camera facing your front side.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #994 on: February 12, 2019, 03:50:46 PM »

I believe Darth Cruelty understood my video in the other thread but figured I'd leave my video here for future references and anyone new trying to get into Flow Art.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtnI6gzlHk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -170

Matt Akur

« Reply #995 on: February 13, 2019, 02:00:43 AM »

Thank you Infinit and Darth Cruelty - your Obi Ani looks smooth. Great work! You have the motion down. As you mentioned before it will be easier with a shorter blade cause you can stay lower with your wrist in the hip area.
Also good video Infinite!

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #996 on: February 13, 2019, 06:44:09 AM »

Thanks Samhain, matt nihilus, and again to infinit. I agree with infinit and samhain as far as the side angle, and i will be trying to focus on that angle due to the fact that it does look way better on camera and to the onlooker. I also am in agreeance with matt because thats probably the hardest part is coming out from the back spin, i have to turn so far it seems so as to not hit the ground, as well as bring my arm high up on my hip for the same reason. I will get it down, its just taking longer than expected and i was getting a little frustrated because i kept feeling like something was off... it didnt click and have the flow it needed. My transition into each spin was sloppy and off. But im starting to get the hang of it, and with all your guys' verification on the proper execution it'll only get better with time and dedication. Much appreciated to you all, and i will post a video soon on this thread.  Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #997 on: February 13, 2019, 12:24:40 PM »

Thank you Infinit and Darth Cruelty - your Obi Ani looks smooth. Great work! You have the motion down. As you mentioned before it will be easier with a shorter blade cause you can stay lower with your wrist in the hip area.
Also good video Infinite!

I agree, Darth Cruelty's Obi-Ani looks really good.  I look forward to seeing his video with a shorter blade myself. Thanks, Matt!  I wanted to help him since I had great people who helped me start and continues to help me til this day

Thanks Samhain, matt nihilus, and again to infinit. I agree with infinit and samhain as far as the side angle, and i will be trying to focus on that angle due to the fact that it does look way better on camera and to the onlooker. I also am in agreeance with matt because thats probably the hardest part is coming out from the back spin, i have to turn so far it seems so as to not hit the ground, as well as bring my arm high up on my hip for the same reason. I will get it down, its just taking longer than expected and i was getting a little frustrated because i kept feeling like something was off... it didnt click and have the flow it needed. My transition into each spin was sloppy and off. But im starting to get the hang of it, and with all your guys' verification on the proper execution it'll only get better with time and dedication. Much appreciated to you all, and i will post a video soon on this thread.  Smiley

You're welcome, Darth Cruelty. I look forward to seeing your video after all the practice you've been doing along with the shorter blade.  Keep us posted

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #998 on: February 13, 2019, 09:40:18 PM »

I will most definitely keep you all posted. Tracking this package like a bloodhound, lol. Should be in tomorrow at some point, and I also work Friday, so I'll have a new video shortly after that.  Smiley   You said others helped you when you first started, and I for one am grateful you passed that training/helpfulness on to me. I will also do the same if the time ever comes where someone ask's me for my help/opinion. Out of curiosity, how long have a been practicing flow art and spinning Infinit?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #999 on: February 13, 2019, 10:19:39 PM »

You're welcome and I know the feel, keeping track of anything saber related after you order it is like a kid waiting in a 5 hour line to ride a 1 minute ride in Disney World.  Yes, I started off using Darth Cephalus' training videos and had questions where the members here helped me quite a bit.  I also recommend getting to know the resident masters like Master Elwood, Resolute and Venturous just to name a few since they are great in the flow arts and have helped me more times than I can count.  A great member here by the name of Samhain has helped me quite a bit and still works with me (We call him Darth Maul or Kylo.  When you see him spinning in cosplay, you'll understand).  I started getting into flow art last summer but didn't really get serious with it until last October. I spin several times a day myself and will practice a new move or sequence until I get it down, then it's more practice to tighten my form up.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1000 on: February 13, 2019, 11:50:06 PM »

This ones been a pain to figure out.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7SUaXsXkCw&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #1001 on: February 14, 2019, 03:43:50 AM »

It seems like Darth Cephalus' videos have been a good training method for many of people, lol. How would i go about finding these masters and introducing myself? Ive been on many different threads on this forum and havent run into any of them that i can recall. Ive known Samhain for awhile now too, i feel. Found him on youtube, started talking with him and we became followers of each other on instagram. Then i also ran into him on the forum here, lol. Hes a cool guy, and very good at what he does with a saber. Im always impressed! Including the video he posted in the midst of our conversation, lol. Good work on that move Samhain, always cool to see your vids man!  Smiley   I already feel myself getting better, and once these blades are at my doorstep, i should only improve that much faster. Started trying the "reverse eclipse" and i got everything down, but with this massively long blade, i either hit myself or the ground on the way out from around my back, lol. With time, and practice it shall come.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1002 on: February 14, 2019, 01:09:08 PM »

This ones been a pain to figure out.

Sorry...

Impressive, Sam. Your commitment to get it down inspires me to train harder and learn more

It seems like Darth Cephalus' videos have been a good training method for many of people, lol. How would i go about finding these masters and introducing myself? Ive been on many different threads on this forum and havent run into any of them that i can recall. Ive known Samhain for awhile now too, i feel. Found him on youtube, started talking with him and we became followers of each other on instagram. Then i also ran into him on the forum here, lol. Hes a cool guy, and very good at what he does with a saber. Im always impressed! Including the video he posted in the midst of our conversation, lol. Good work on that move Samhain, always cool to see your vids man!  Smiley   I already feel myself getting better, and once these blades are at my doorstep, i should only improve that much faster. Started trying the "reverse eclipse" and i got everything down, but with this massively long blade, i either hit myself or the ground on the way out from around my back, lol. With time, and practice it shall come.

Darth Cephalus is a great inspiration and a really cool guy since he's the one that started the artistry thread.  As far as Masters go, they're in and out of the threads and forums. I believe you ran into Master Resolute's Relic Wars thread.  They'll comment here and there or you can always PM and introduce yourself if you like.  Believe me, they may not comment all the time, but they're always on and they're always watching. Smiley

You can always check out their YouTube channels though:

Master Elwood Graestar
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXX2Bts-5xDxKKW902FYvw

Master Resolute
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChihqBQsrR4PJKmNRx2heHg

Master Venturous
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1bX1OucgsmuuBmdcNU5kw

Darth Cruelty
Knight Officer

« Reply #1003 on: February 14, 2019, 11:13:26 PM »

Nice! Thanks for sharing their channels. I checked them out briefly and subscribed, I'll have to dive more in depth soon though, at work currently, lol.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1004 on: February 15, 2019, 05:45:25 AM »

Idk, just felt like suiting up and seeing how I moved in it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBHmJO3J3_8&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: