Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 470623 times)
Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #1035 on: March 14, 2019, 11:28:37 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUGsBRz8N5w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1036 on: March 14, 2019, 11:43:58 PM »

Awesome video, Master Elwood. You never disappoint and are one of my main inspirations

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1037 on: March 16, 2019, 05:12:31 AM »

It has been warm and I had the week off, so I decided to record another session the other night. I haven't gotten the other video edited yet. Any feedback would be awesome.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqCWRGvCfjg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1038 on: March 16, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »

Looking good, Taegin.  I've always been a fan of your work, please keep it up and keep posting it. I do like the transition between the BR (or VA, not sure) to the CG blade half way through.  I love your style, it's your own and looks great.  Good work once again my friend.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1039 on: March 16, 2019, 03:10:47 PM »

It has been warm and I had the week off, so I decided to record another session the other night. I haven't gotten the other video edited yet. Any feedback would be awesome.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Well I want to start by saying your movement is good.  I like that, a lot of people just don't move enough with this stuff (myself included).  I'd like to see you try some variation in the throw setups.  I'd also like to see you tighten up some of the spins.  Overall looking good!  I wish we could get together on Skype at some point and go over some stuff, I feel I could really help.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1040 on: March 16, 2019, 05:47:12 PM »

Thanks guys.

Well I want to start by saying your movement is good.  I like that, a lot of people just don't move enough with this stuff (myself included).  I'd like to see you try some variation in the throw setups.  I'd also like to see you tighten up some of the spins.  Overall looking good!  I wish we could get together on Skype at some point and go over some stuff, I feel I could really help.

I tend to do less throws when it is dark out. I can't see the hilt (especially the black hilts), and I don't trust that it will land where I threw it. My hands were also getting pretty cold by this time, so that may have contributed a bit to some of the not-so-good spinning. This doesn't mean your statements are incorrect, I do need to work on tightening up many of my spins (especially with my left hand), and I am constantly trying to find new throws to try. It is hard to do stuff when I don't have something to base it off of or someone there to teach me. If I did Skype, I would totally take you up on your offer, and I still might someday. I just don't feel like trying to learn a new platform while I am busy trying to keep up with school.  Smiley

You guys are awesome, thanks so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1041 on: March 16, 2019, 10:25:43 PM »

I get that entirely.  I'm just letting you know the offer stands.  You know how to reach me if you decide you want to.

You're doing well on your own though.  I always say to drill your basics a lot and it will tighten everything up! 

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1042 on: March 19, 2019, 08:34:42 PM »

Here's a few mins from about a half hour practice session.  My focus is really to keep moving and to have smooth transitions.  I wasn't really planning to post this, but why not?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we4b1pnbQ4Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #1043 on: March 19, 2019, 10:23:30 PM »

Here's a few mins from about a half hour practice session.  My focus is really to keep moving and to have smooth transitions.  I wasn't really planning to post this, but why not?
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

So feedback - those weaves and crossovers you have going on are top notch, and I hope to be able to get mine to your level.  For the smooth transitions you speak of, I think I saw the problem of which you speak, and my advice is to focus on the breathing(looked like you were thinking too hard at one point), and add in more turns to keep the swords moving by changing the planes with your body instead of with your sword.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1044 on: March 20, 2019, 12:04:01 AM »

Well to be fair I was thinking.  I am practicing new variations to mix up the combos.  I'm trying to see where they put me and how I can use them to move in and out of the spin techniques.

I went out to record again but one of my sabers died so I did some single saber.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_OSq-otU1U" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1045 on: March 20, 2019, 02:34:07 AM »

More excellent stuff, Sam

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #1046 on: March 20, 2019, 06:06:39 PM »

Just getting caught up ( on this page at least...more to see im sure )
@ infinit - Back at it! seriously, your getting better and better every time we see you demo. Lookin' sharp.
@ Elwood - Good stuff. Lookin' smooth. great transitions.
@ Taegin - I like what im seeing. Good overall control. some good speed variations as well. I'd give some criticism but you are a bit far away and these eyes don't work as well as I would like.
@ Sam - Your technique is really starting to evolve, again. Love everything your showing. Especially fond of the Kali creeping its way in there!

I'll go ahead and add my own. Nothing special here. Some single saber. Working on accenting some strikes with some spins and a little speed variation. The skeleton makes an appearance in there, as well as my " finisher " move challenge that DC issued. Saber spinning is probably my favorite way to warm up before we spar. ( with the J.o.E. LSC )

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPOq4R8qf3k&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</a>

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1047 on: March 20, 2019, 06:37:08 PM »

I suddenly want a big wooden structure in my yard for hitting.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1048 on: March 20, 2019, 07:09:28 PM »

Thank you, Master Resolute!  It's an honor to hear kind words from someone as great with the blades as you are.  Love the new video by the way and I agree with Sam, I have the sudden urge to set up a striking dummy.

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #1049 on: March 21, 2019, 03:27:09 PM »

Well done, and good to see some more footage from you! getting comfortable in the dark with tosses takes time, so baby step it as you need to:) I first got comfortable with 180's into reverse grip and vice versa, then to 360's, then to 520's, and so on.  and man, in the dark a good balance on the saber helps!  like Sam said, keep up the movement and keep spinning! looking forward to the next level up, dude!

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: