Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 101   Go Down
Author Topic: The Spin Zone: Demos/performances  (Read 470372 times)
Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #1155 on: September 26, 2019, 02:16:33 PM »

A couple new spins here and there. Cheers  Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCunBeCeqfs#

So smooth. So much style. -1

Matt Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -170

Matt Akur

« Reply #1156 on: September 26, 2019, 08:36:34 PM »

So smooth. So much style. -1

Thank you very much!

S2mikey
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #1157 on: September 30, 2019, 02:41:06 PM »

A couple new spins here and there. Cheers  Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCunBeCeqfs#

Great work - smooooooooooth and perfectly balanced looking.  5 stars! Cheesy

Im slowly coming along but have to get better at hand to hand transitions(I cant finger roll worth a damn, lol) and moving more fluidly.  I have most of the forward and reverse grip spins down pretty good with each hand but have to put it all together nicely like you have here. 

AEON L4, Tri-Cree Fire orange
Archon 2.1, Tri-Cree Gaurdian Blue
Dark Sentinel L4 - Tri-Cree Consular Green, Green AV switch
Initiate V3, Catalyst Pommel, Violet, AV switch

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #1158 on: October 02, 2019, 09:06:26 PM »

I've been practicing with a swivel and deep sea fishing line.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eFvmvslMjc&amp;t=18s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eFvmvslMjc&amp;t=18s</a>

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Enegue Nodrellim
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 13

Choose Light ~ Resist Darkness

« Reply #1159 on: October 07, 2019, 02:26:33 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHPuDU2LYWY#

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood Mod

Great video BadRuter.  Cool I'm curious about which of your saber staffs you're using there? How long are those blades?

~ Armory ~
Specter Diamond ~ Phantasm Ov4 ~ FRANKENSABER! ~ Grand Master LE ~ Aeon LE v4 ~ Dark Sentinel LE v4
Initiate v2 ~ Dark Initiate v2.
Future; Archon v3.1 ~ Fallen LE

I am no Jedi, but I know the Force. It moves through and surrounds every living thing.
Close your eyes... feel it... the light... its always been there... it will guide you. The saber, take it! (Maz Kanata)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1160 on: October 09, 2019, 02:18:06 PM »

Forgot to post this yesterday

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6crLViOvpA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6crLViOvpA</a>

This morning
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=362ECN7x7xc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=362ECN7x7xc</a>

S2mikey
Knight Officer

« Reply #1161 on: October 14, 2019, 06:07:53 PM »

Love it.  Keep it up!  Great control of the saber there & thats what makes it flow smoothly.  Ive seen faster spin routines but they look off to me due to a lack of smoothness.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1162 on: October 14, 2019, 07:13:46 PM »

Long time no see Infinite.  Looks like you’ve not lost any steps!  I particularly liked the second video.

S2mikey
Knight Officer

« Reply #1163 on: October 17, 2019, 12:50:58 AM »

All right - I have some questions for the pros here.  Im at the stage where Im past the basics and have gotten pretty good at both hands, individual moves and some strikes & stuff.  Im also adding in some moving around which is making the whole thing look better.  Ill post a video soon but right now Im too shy.  The stuff posted here is WAY too good for me to post  my fumbling around. Smiley

Heres my questions:

1) Finger rolls are killing me.  Ive been spending a lot of time on these with both hands and I feel like the space between my index and middle finger is not wide enough(normal sized hands for a 6' guy) to reliably do the finger rolls - especially the forward to reverse grip part.  I always feel like Im going to drop the saber or it feels jerky.  Does the hilt need to be super small?  Im using a Dark Sentinel V4 or Aeon L4 for most spinning but if my fingers arent exactly at that top choke point or narrowest point of the hilt.... it hurts and it gets scary.  So frustrating!  Any tips on finger rolls or do I just have to suck it up and keep doing it?  My knuckles are red and sore, lol. 

2) When you do your routines do you actually plan them out or just wing it?  I know its called freestyle but I wondered if ya'll think a few moves in advance like: "OK, Im in reverse grip now and my next move is XXXXX" or something like that.  Sometimes Ill be cranking along and then throw a blank and arent sure what to do next type of thing. 

Keep the killer vids coming.  Im so jealous.  I dont think people appreciate how hard saber spinning is at these higher levels!

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1164 on: October 17, 2019, 04:54:31 AM »

1. Make sure you're doing them near the balance point.  You're going to have a hard time and potentially injure yourself if you're not doing that.  Should be easy on a sentinel, that's what I learned on.  It just takes some practice I suppose.

2.  I don't usually plan anything.  I know some spots and setups I like to do, but I wouldn't say I plan it.  Once you're strong enough in the fundamentals you can make your own combos.  If you're drawing a blank, think of the last move you did and then say "what can I do from this position?"  

It's easy to get away with repeat moves if you change the angle or move around with it, so keep that in mind.

S2mikey
Knight Officer

« Reply #1165 on: October 17, 2019, 10:46:29 AM »

1. Make sure you're doing them near the balance point.  You're going to have a hard time and potentially injure yourself if you're not doing that.  Should be easy on a sentinel, that's what I learned on.  It just takes some practice I suppose.

2.  I don't usually plan anything.  I know some spots and setups I like to do, but I wouldn't say I plan it.  Once you're strong enough in the fundamentals you can make your own combos.  If you're drawing a blank, think of the last move you did and then say "what can I do from this position?"  

It's easy to get away with repeat moves if you change the angle or move around with it, so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the reply! Yes, the spot Im holding the saber does make a big difference with the finger roll comfort.  Its so hard to get it consistently though.  Sometimes the hand/fingers are where Id like them and other times not so much.  The upper choke point on the Sentinel is a good place to do it - I just have to stay there.  Even then, my fingers need to be a little longer and have another 1/4" of space between them, lol. 

Got it on the spinning - I agree that moving and switching hands, reversing, etc is a good way to repeat wwithout the audience knowing. Smiley

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #1166 on: October 17, 2019, 11:57:23 AM »

I tend to do wrist wraps(rolls) rather than finger. partially because it adds to the illusion a bit, but also because with a little bit of practice I actually find it a touch easier.
As for blocking/planning - it all depends. Some songs lend themselves to blocking, other's it is better to free flow with it.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1167 on: October 17, 2019, 01:06:54 PM »

I tend to do wrist wraps(rolls) rather than finger. partially because it adds to the illusion a bit, but also because with a little bit of practice I actually find it a touch easier.
As for blocking/planning - it all depends. Some songs lend themselves to blocking, other's it is better to free flow with it.

Not to argue, but wrist wraps and fingers rolls can be used fairly differently.  I suppose context matters.  You can't do something like this with wrist wraps.

That's just an example, and sorry I didn't have one with a saber on hand.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1168 on: October 17, 2019, 01:13:34 PM »

Not to argue, but wrist wraps and fingers rolls can be used fairly differently.  I suppose context matters.  You can't do something like this with wrist wraps.

That's just an example, and sorry I didn't have one with a saber on hand.

Whoa! Darth Maul is Hellboy who is Nightwing! I knew it!!!

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #1169 on: October 17, 2019, 03:35:02 PM »

true that. I tend to think in contact moves, especially when in staff form. dual sword I take most of my inspiration of movement from the cossack sword dancers, which is all in the wrist, with the finger flourishes now and then.
(btw, I am loving this conversation and contrasting styles)

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 101   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: