Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: New TOR robe  (Read 6488 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« on: February 28, 2015, 04:11:39 PM »

So since I am now costuming at least once a month, sometimes up to 5 times a month, I thought I should make another robe for my outfit- my striped robe was never made to be worn that often! I don't want to get it damaged since it took so much work.

So here is my new one Smiley much simpler, and this one can be safely washed too. My striped robe will be saved for special occasions like cons. I also have some foam build bracers to go with it and gloves, but I'll get photos of me wearing them and the robe tomorrow Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 09:57:03 PM »

That looks great. Simple but definitely effective. I know the feeling having costume parts that are almost too nice to use.  I have made stuff that was cheap and easy and I get more use out of them and have more fun with them because I do not worry. You made a wise decision.

Do you have pics from different angles?  Maybe with the hood up? I just want to marvel at your work.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 11:46:18 PM »

That looks great. Simple but definitely effective. I know the feeling having costume parts that are almost too nice to use.  I have made stuff that was cheap and easy and I get more use out of them and have more fun with them because I do not worry. You made a wise decision.

Do you have pics from different angles?  Maybe with the hood up? I just want to marvel at your work.

today my friend. We have a large costuming event, ill get plenty of photos im sure. I just have to figure out how to wake up  first Grin

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 12:52:45 AM »

Way nice robe. This one seems to suit you best. In my eyes I think. As for waking up, a Monstah should help XD Or Mountain Dew Kick Start, I usually get the regular flavor one. I really like how your new robe came together though. I like the colors

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »

Okay I promised photos! Today was great- heaps of fun with friends, lots of photos, and I may have spent a bit of money and bought four new Lego, a book, five pop! bobbleheads and a dancing groot. Spent a fair bit of time talking to some guys that costume with what we are building, so we have plans for going to cons together, photo shoots etc! Cheesy Honestly, getting into costuming was the best thing ever!

But anywho....

Going a little sithy Wink

And for a bit of fun....

That image is just a bit funnier coz my bracers are based off of Halo Reach pep armour Wink

And for a bit more fun still....

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Nowhere
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 04:03:36 PM »

Your robes look great. I wish I could sew that well. I'm making my own tunics, but they're way simpler than your stuff.

dumb question: do you play swtor? If so, what server? we should get all the players on the forum together on the same one. That'd be fun.

Corey

"You underestimate the power of the Dark Side."

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 04:07:14 PM »

I do, just rarely. I don't often have time. I'm pretty busy these days.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the forum there is another section for SWTOR Smiley When it started up there were a lot of people from the forum trying to join up I think, but there just doesn't seem to be the players now

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 07:55:34 PM »

Your outfit is all kinds of awesome!  I really dig the new robe.  It's very striking all on its own. 

Nowhere
Knight Templar

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 09:25:59 PM »

I see...I've haven't been playing much either. I'll check out the forum...don't know how I missed it. Haha

Corey

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 12:42:29 AM »

Awesome pics, Angel. Thank for sharing.

The robe looks great. Wear it proud and often.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 03:10:24 AM »

Master Venturous continues to prove how amazingly awesome he is!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 01:26:33 AM »

lol, just to toss props, and fist bump, and give a point.. love what Master Venturous did with this pic, giving it that, "force bubble" blaster deffence

lol, i am having trouble getting all these measurements ans stuff down for my outer robe, but i might just go with my idea of a "poncho" .... cut hole in center, let rest lay down, and add a hood to it... lmao!!..  my character is a hermit from the swamps after yoda past anyways, so it would make more sense his clothing is more uneven and ratty looking lol

Nowhere
Knight Templar

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 01:53:18 AM »

Luckily my character is tattered and worn out. The more broken in and trashed my tunics and robes get, the better Smiley

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 04:05:56 PM »

New shoulder armour got worn out in public today Smiley These are the remade version of what I originally made to go with my striped robe and are made from foam with coat hangar wire to hold the shape. I'm a helluva lot better at it now than 18 months ago and these have come out a lot nicer. They need to be sanded in places to tidy up some bits and given some more coats of paint and I'm thinking of doing some more mods, but not bad for my first live test run. In case you are wondering, they had two straps added to each and were pinned into place for today- they will have some form of buckle or clip to hold them in place with a small loop hidden at the join between hood and neck on the robe that they hook onto.

They were a hit with the other costumers and the public in general- armour plus double bladed lightsaber turns heads and makes a lot of people say wow! Shin armour is the next step, hopefully to be done next weekend in time for Oz ComicCon Perth Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Qui-Lar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 68

"This weapon is your life!"

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »

Great job! Light point to you Master Jedi!

Catalyst(s) DarkArbiter DarkProphecy(s) ChosenOne
CrimsonMantis DarkLiberatorV3 InitiateV3 ShockLE
Guardian SentinelLEV4 Consular DarkInitiateLEV2
InitiateLEV2 Manticore(s) DominixV4 Flamberge(sss)
Bellicose Archon DominixLEV3(s) Monarch InitiateLEV3
SentinelV4 DominixV2RGB Scorpion(s) Menace(sssss)
DarkApprenticeV4 DarkSentinelLEV4 AeonLEV4V

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: