Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Spinning practice--getting back into things!  (Read 5674 times)
Deryn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

Lightsabers, martial arts, writing.

« on: February 28, 2015, 10:20:31 PM »

Been a while, so I'm a bit out of practice, but here's some video I took last night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQbDmNgDEaY

Deryn

Lightside points please! Grin

My saber:
Phantom V2 LE, Adegan Silver

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:48:22 AM »

Looks good. And point for posting. I particularly like the tight double rotation you did last. If you are looking for suggestions, the main thing I would suggest is to get your off hand involved more.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:44:50 AM by Darth Cephalus » Logged

Deryn
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:22:01 AM »

Thanks! Definitely taking that advice--anything in particular you would recommend?

Deryn

My saber:

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:58:36 PM »

Well first off, do you have a tendency to practice the moves you can do with your right hand on the left? If not, that is a good place to start. If you are going to get into dual wield, it will be an absolute must. If you do, then you saw at the end of your routine where you went from the spin to a two handed strike. You ended up with the saber in your left hand as you went to turn off the camera. Same concept but just keep spinning with the left after you let go. There are plenty of ways to get the saber from one hand to the other, you can get into the frills later. The most no frill way to do it is simply to switch to both hands then let go with one. When both arms are equally comfortable you can develop a much more dynamic routine by switching hands multiple times while you spin.

Deryn
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 12:10:21 AM »

Awesome! Thanks Smiley I've practiced some with my left hand, but not nearly enough--and yeah, I do plan to dual-wield so it's definitely something I need to work on. I'll try that tonight (as long as it's not raining, haha).

Deryn

My saber:

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:27:21 AM »

Dual-wielding is always fun. A lot of people jump right into it without first learning the moves in each hand first, so they tend to get all tangled and frustrated from their lack of coordination. Plus when you learn the moves with your left hand, you gain more confidence and are able to do a lot more since you have both sides of your body to work with and aren't just limited to one.

As for it raining, I'd gladly take some rain right now... It's snowed here the past week and I can't get outside to film or anything. Rain would be a god-send for me now lol

MikaelPfeffer
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 12

Balance in all things, including points!

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 01:19:54 AM »

Okay... at the risk of embarrassing myself... Here's a short clip of me at Con Nooga, in the finals of Saber Idol (no clue what I was getting into, borrowed saber, etc...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1EBbPH1ens&feature=youtu.be

On order, 2 Dark War Glaives with connector (had staff/naginata training centuries ago)..... and plan to PRACTICE... lol...

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 03:21:08 AM »

I saw this whole competition on one of the other contestants channels. This looks like it was a lot of fun. Thanks for posting. would you like another light side point or shall I zero it back to grey for you?

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 03:29:58 AM »

Okay... at the risk of embarrassing myself... Here's a short clip of me at Con Nooga, in the finals of Saber Idol (no clue what I was getting into, borrowed saber, etc...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1EBbPH1ens&feature=youtu.be

On order, 2 Dark War Glaives with connector (had staff/naginata training centuries ago)..... and plan to PRACTICE... lol...

That is Awesome.......  Cheesy

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

MikaelPfeffer
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 12

Balance in all things, including points!

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 01:12:06 PM »

I saw this whole competition on one of the other contestants channels. This looks like it was a lot of fun. Thanks for posting. would you like another light side point or shall I zero it back to grey for you?

It was fun... However, my wife had come up to me and said they were having sign ups for lightsaber duels... When they explained the rules, had to change gears real quick.... Didn't expect to win, but making to the finals and making the first cut was gratifying...... And it gave me my own fanclub for the rest of the night... Lol..

Zero back to grey if you don't mind..... Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: