Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Apprentice to Ultra FX Count Dooku  (Read 5863 times)
JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« on: January 09, 2011, 07:30:40 PM »

I'm working on replacing my Count Dooku blade with an Ultrasabers Ultra edge and red luxeon for the LED chain. So far I've taken the Dooku saber apart, which is a very unscientific process involving a lot of prying and wiggling. You remove the black pannels and there are screws underneath them on one side, unscrew those and then start wiggling the pieces apart, you have to pull the front guard forward while wigglign the pieces and its really a bitch to get out, I dont even know how they got this mess together in the first place, but yeah. I have it open and I'm going to deconstruct my ultrasabers dark apprentice so I can change out lighting systems.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 08:00:12 PM »

Cant wait to see pics of your progress

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 07:46:56 AM »

I wish you very good luck on putting it all together again. It sounds like a real pain to disassemble it so i hope reassembling it will be easier. MTFBWY

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 10:18:55 AM »

By the Force! That was ridiculous. Those Hasbro people know how to make a complicated weapon. I had to tear off the 3 triangular black rubber pads to get two screws under them on one side. That allowed me to take off a small piece at the end that the battery pack attaches to. A thin screw driver applied to the two pins in the front (there are holes on either side with the pins, I think you can push them out from either side but they're the pins that hold the blade and the casing in alignment, they're not screws and can just be popped out. Next I had to split the lightsaber on the bottom and use a pair of needle nose plyers to turn a screw that held that steel protrusion on the underside of the blade to loosen it up. The round guard around the blade is held in place by that and the two halves of the casing. I have no idea how to figure a way to properly get that off, so through a lot of pulling, prying, and wiggling I managed to do so. Everything at the front of the saber is interlocking so its really difficult to take apart and put back together. In no way do I reccomend doing this. Finally I was able to open up the circuit board casing by removing a few screws on it and access all the wires and cicuitry.  The grey wire at teh end headed into a little tiny board with one pill shaped item on it, that's the clash sensor. I stripped too much wire off mine and it no longer works now, so be careful with this. The wire coming out of the clash sensor is, I think, blue on my model. Cut the blue wire about half way. Cut all the other wires half way as well and strip them down. The blue/grey wire and the wire next to it go together and hook up to the red wire from your luxeon bulb. All the other wires go together and hook up to the black wire from the luxeon.

Once I had the electronics settled I had to cut the blade a bit so its only secured by one pin and not two, that allowed the luxeon bulb to fit. I also had to smash up two protrusions, I think the housings for the second pin, to give the luxeon thing enough space. I did this by jamming part of the plyers in there and basically prying at them til they either popped off or just got crushed down enough so it'd fit. After that, I put the thing back together again and it looks pretty good. Sound still works and I'm going to put the LEDs into the hilt for the Dark Apprentice, so I'll still have two lightsabers.

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 03:56:40 PM »

It sounds amazing mate. cant wait for the pics of your conversion.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 05:38:54 PM »

Did you bother to use TCSS's Dooku conversion kit? It sounds like your Dooku isn't going to be very sturdy after all that...or did I just miss something in your post?

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:51:50 PM »

Naw, I just switched the internals and blade from an ultra saber into the count dooku. It seems to be holding up rather well, as does my Obi Wan (although that one has a slight fault in the ignition button I need to address) but my Luke ROTJ is having problems with its sturdyness, I suspect this is due to the fact that there is so little space for the blade to go in.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: