Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom saber for contact spinning  (Read 12131 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« on: March 04, 2015, 04:48:08 AM »

So I have been planning this for a while now, but I finally got to it. This saber is a custom idea I have for contact spinning. It will be on the long side (about 18 inches) and weighted near the pommel so that it will spin more like a staff. It is an old v1 Obsidian board, an illuminated AV switch where the LED burned out now running as an un-illuminated switch, A modular red LED with white FOC, an US omen pommel and coupler, and a bunch of MHS parts. The sink tube pictured will be etched so that the exposed area is etched and the masked black areas remain depicting Cthulhu breaking his prison of elder signs, to the chagrin of the poor victim, while Miigo fly past thunder clouds and runic script in the back. I plan also to etch glyphs into the three finishing rings between segments and may replace the top segment with a 3d printed crossgaurd pictured in the design below. The crossguard would be removable as t would prevent contact work like that shown in the video.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96MXPNCcojY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=96MXPNCcojY</a>

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 06:06:08 AM »

NOICE!!!!

Ren Kobar
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 16

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 10:25:52 PM »

love the shoulder role.

My Sabers:
Dominix V2 Staff in SRD/VA
Dark Initiate V2 Staff in BR
MAnticore W/ Sound in VA
Flamberge W/ V4 Sound in GB

Ultoria Kade
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 40

The Saber is a two way street. Make your decision.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 02:47:33 AM »

Woah. Blown away by the saber, especially that choke point.

[:] Light Points if your heart desires! [:]

True peace is a balance. There is no darkness without light, no light without darkness. Only once we see the balance is when true peace will prevail.

Have
= Apprentice v4 UE SRD (Stunt)

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 03:56:34 AM »

I decided to go with a less ornate approach for now as I principally want it to be practical and the etched metal had no grip. Here it is with some different grips applied and some balance points marked. In two of these it is pictured next to my contact flame saber.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 01:13:42 AM »

Here is my contact staff in "short" form. (it is a bit over 5 foot long as opposed to around 7 foot if I put initiate blades in it or I have no idea how long but I wouldn't want to try it with full sized blades). It is 2 initiate hilts in silver, a pike extension (for a total of about 3 foot of hilt), and two 16" pike blades. I have weighted it in a couple places to get the balance right. The handles of the initiates have been wrapped in tennis grip and they and the pike extension have been coated in silicone contact grip. This saber is designed with intent of doing hands free shoulder and arm rolls.

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 01:35:43 PM »

Verry nice saber
Have a point

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: