Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: UltraSabers Launcher v2.89 Windows Launcher  (Read 192918 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2015, 01:47:23 PM »

Does it show up as an HID device in Device Manager or does the Device Manager refresh when you plug your saber in or unplug it? If so, try to identify which HID it is and try to reinstall it. Maybe it's a driver issue that doesn't show up in the usual way (like the yellow exclamation mark or "unknown device").

A second question: Did you install and run the Launcher in Administrator Mode (could be named different in Win 10)? That's very important, otherwise Win 10 (as well as Win 7 and 8.1) might restrict some actions that are critical for the Launcher to work and communicate properly.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

archaratar
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

I'm a moron, but I'm aware of my moroni-ness

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2015, 06:59:01 AM »

If it is coming up as a driver issue, how is that fixed?

Sarris: (when discussing me) He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2015, 12:09:53 PM »

You need to remove the device from the Device Manager, this should also remove the driver. Restart your PC, then turn the saber on and plug it into a USB 2.0 port. This should reinstall the driver and solve the issue. For Win 8(.1) use a USB hub to connect the saber, for Win 7 it's not necessary.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Terrantula
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2015, 12:51:53 AM »

Downloaded the file from the link and the launcher is V1 which updates to V1.03 through the maintenance tools.  Is there another method to downloading the file or upgrading V1.03 to the latest and greatest?

Thanks in advance,
Terrantula

Jedi Abid
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2015, 12:05:44 AM »

Hi Guys,

I need some help working out why when I connect my USB to the dark menace ultra saber the emerald driver: detects reads and writes changes to the dark menace but the Osbedian sound board doesnt detect my ultrasaber as being connected thus I am unable to lower the volume.

For some reason my V.4 detectes the emerald section but doesn't detect the osbedian sound settings, all Im trying to accomplish is to reduce the volume, any advice from anyone would be much appreciated thanks Smiley

The force is strong Jedi, we can even retain our consciousness after passing... Only a Sith deals in absolute and is suduced by the dark side and it's illusion of power. Patience is the path to inner power from which the force flows. Much to learn we still have Wink

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2015, 07:54:01 PM »

Okay, seems to be a dumb question, but do you use the right USB port, i.e. the USB port of your Obsidian sound board?
If yes, what OS do you have on your PC? Win 8 and 10 might require a USB hub to solve Obsidian board connection issues. Also, always use a USB 2.0 port, never a USB 3! They don't work properly with the Ultrasabers boards.

Sig by Master Nero

AJT_Toshiro
Force Sensitive

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2015, 09:04:13 AM »

Hi, i'm new to this but i seem to have quite an issue with my saber. Mine's a Graflex SE with v3 soundboard
After installation and restarting the computer, i tried connecting it to the computer (windows 8 64-bit)
however, the driver doesn't seem to have any response and the program states that it isn't connected.
It gets worse cause now even when the saber isn't connected, it suddenly just switches to the connected mode (both light and sound suddenly stops)
may i please get some help with this?  Cry

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2015, 08:45:35 PM »

Remove the batteries from the saber, this should reset it.
Then, try to use a USB hub for connecting, Win 8 is quite iffy with Ultrasabers Wink

Sig by Master Nero

kav2001c
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2015, 12:05:39 AM »

ah this is a common problem with windows, apparently the solution is to plug the saber into a USB hub which in turn is plugged into the computer and then it works for some rasin

My guess (?) is on newer PCs the driver is not compatible with a USB3 port
Stepping it down through an older hub seems to cause it to always see the saber properly

Having said this, most PCs I have seen DO have a setting in BIOS that enabled legacy support
I would be very interested in a few more people testing this out without a hub to see if this corrects the issue

Owned:
Dark Reaper with Obsidian v3 + Emerald RGBW + Adegan Silver Switch
Dark Initiate LE v3 - Violet

Want:
Manticore or Scorpion? Electrum Wind. Lost Grey.
Diamond

calavera
Force Sensitive

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2015, 01:06:55 AM »

new guy here. i just recently received my first saber. man it's cool! but when i try to connect the sound board it says "the device type is not supported. use obsidian launcher v1 or v2 for older obsidian devices." as well as a popup that says "invalid device" (not a windows popup, but a launcher popup), and the saber becomes unresponsive. i have to reset it by pulling the battery for a second. everything i read tells me i should have a newer sound board, the launcher tells me it is V1.03, after looking around (not sure why it's not a more obvious to find thing but...)  i click on the link to try and download V4 and it's just V1.03 again. this has become pretty frustrating. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Smoczywabik
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2015, 08:39:41 PM »

Hi there.

Some time ago i had installed Windows 10. I wanted to play with my Manticore, change sound etc. I came here, i downloaded v4 obsidian and...... I cant intstall it.
The program dont pop up, the instalation file just jams itself.
I dont know where is the problem. Maybe someone can send me a link to Obsidian v3 installer? Preeettyyy pls! Smiley

PS. I just tried to install obsidian on my soon to be wife laptop with windows 8.1. Gues what? Installer don't work.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 08:52:56 PM by Smoczywabik » Logged

Gizmo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2015, 06:04:39 AM »

I uninstalled the old version of the launcher I had. And Installed the new launcher. It does not want to start up at all. I can run the Maintenance part. But even still. The launcher will not start. I did a Task Process check. And I have for some odd reason, 5 tasks of the program running. Even though I am not running it. I can end the tasks no matter what. even after Uninstalling. They keep coming back. Is there any way to get rid of this. And have a clean install? I am getting frustrated at this. And been trying for a couple of hours to correct this.

Thanks
Gizmo

Gizmo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2016, 10:55:26 PM »

Ok, update.. Been checking and the tasks disappeared. But I am still unable to get the launcher to run at all. Will keep trying to get it to run. Will be back with and update on my progress.

MrLovePuff
Force Sensitive

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2016, 07:31:48 PM »

im trying to install driver - i go through the process outlined in the  install wizzard

when it prompts me to confirm which parts i wish to install all the boxes/options are greyed out

i save file but when i go back to open the file that i just created it doesnt open

using windows

can someone help please

Systemlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2016, 11:56:58 PM »

Running Windows 7 Ultimate and just updated to version 1.04 and no issues thus far. Ignore the grayed out check box and just click "Next" and then "Restart" or "Finish".

*Emerald Graflex SE w/Obsidian V4*

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: