Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: UltraSabers Launcher v2.89 Windows Launcher  (Read 194045 times)
TEEDA
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 11:32:27 AM »

Had a little issue when trying to update as in the maintenancetool.exe it stated there were no update available and I then relaunched the launcher but still version 0.3
So I had to uninstall and reinstall and updated didn't have a confirmation it did, and the same message appeared, but then I booted the launcher and it was version 1.0

Am A gray jedi.....Well a light gray....Kyle Katarn is my mentor lol.

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 01:24:55 PM »

wwwoooooo it does emerald now

and its a bit easier to use when setting up FOC

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Gizmo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2015, 11:49:46 PM »

I just my first sabre the other day, I got the Flamberge LE with sound and clash. I was wanting to know how to hook the sabre to the computer to change the sounds. No cable was provided for this, and it was not an option in the menus given when I picked the sound. I am not sure what cable I am suppose to use to hook up the sabre to the computer with. (running Windows 7 Ultimate)

Gizmo

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »

You need a normal mini-USB cable (NOT micro) for connecting your saber. If you have any external HDDs or XBox/Playstation controllers, you probably already have such a cable. If not, they're easy to find in any computer store Smiley

US also provides the USB cable when configuring your saber. It should say "Include mini USB cable?" with the options "No Thanks" and "Yes [Add $5]" on the configuration page Wink Maybe you missed that, it's towards the end of the configuration process.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Moondalore
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

Light Side

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2015, 04:19:47 PM »

What time settings do I want if I'm looking for same-color flicker effect? On the v3 launcher I would set the time values at 0.01s in each box and the blade would have that rapid pulsing/shimmer effect without the color changing.

My sabers: Master Replicas Obi-Wan Kenobi Force FX, Master Replicas Darth Vader Force FX, Ultra Sabers Manticore (Emerald), Ultra Sabers Dark Prophecy

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »

When you're using the same colour for the pulsing effect, it wouldn't normally be visible. You need two different colours (or shades of the same colour) to see the Pulse. You're right about the time, though. 0.01s gives you a really fast Pulse, but I use settings of 0.02-0.04-0.02-0.04 for a more "realistic" Pulse effect. Maybe you want to try that, too Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

PKKite
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 09:00:15 PM »

at least for me the obsidian v4/emerald program doesn't go to .01 but only .02.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2015, 03:47:55 PM »

Good point, almost forgot that issue: the lowest setting that is possible is indeed 0.02 secs, not 0.01! Only from 0.1 secs on it's possible to enter uneven values, below 0.1 it only accepts even values.

Sig by Master Nero

wparmand
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »

I just got my saber yesterday. I have been trying to download the Obsidian Launcher. I have a Windows 8.1 Dell. When I open it gives me version 1 and tells me to update to 1.01. when I try to update it gives me the following message: Error while extracting "installer://com.ultrasabers.launcher/1.01Application.7z': not enough memory. I have 420GB free. Not only that but the launcher isn't recognizing the sound board or the Emerald drive. I've checked and the ports nor the wire seem faulty. I've downloaded from the forum page just as the video shows and connecting the usb cable like in the video. I've also fully charged the batteries and tried plugging and unplugging the cable. just can't figure out what's wrong.

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »

ah this is a common problem with windows, apparently the solution is to plug the saber into a USB hub which in turn is plugged into the computer and then it works for some rasin

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2015, 05:49:59 AM »

The Obsidian v4 Launcher is a fantastic little program!
Only "3 nits to pick" that could be improved with it:

1. the "color bar" on the Emerald selection does not take into account the 4th channel on the color it shows, therefore the colors in the graph do not match the color your blade will have. (I Understand that adding this would require 2 different color palettes, one for RGBW and on e for RGBA)

2. It would be nice to be able to "loop" the pulse and the FOC effects to be able to see how it will look once finalized on the blade (especially for the shorter duration effects making the pulse more akin to a flicker)

3. Again, being able to loop effects, but this time with the sounds to see how an Idle humm or a lockup will sound on the blade when kept running.

Bonus: add the .wav to .lsu converter again to allow users to create soundfonts for their older Obsidian boards.

Lastly:  THANK YOU for making the launcher backwards-compatible with the older boards, it speaks volumes to the level of customer care you put into your products.

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2015, 01:14:00 PM »

One thing I noticed since the last two updates:

You can't enter numbers in Easy Mode anymore...neither in the left (RGB) nor in the right (HSV) column! So you can't use any RGB values for a certain colour in Easy Mode.

Is it possible to solve that issue in future launcher versions?

Sig by Master Nero

Heimdallr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2015, 11:56:20 PM »

Downloaded the new V4 launcher and when i plug in my saber a diolaug box pops up and says "please wait,reading device info" and it'll will close and pop up over and over again. I've tried using different cables and i'm running Win 10 right now.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:00:08 AM by Heimdallr » Logged

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »

Have you tried different USB ports, too? USB 3.0 is known to have some issues, and with Win 8 there was a workaround by using a USB hub. Maybe try this, too...I don't think that there are many users with Win 10 up to now, so we don't have much experience with that OS yet.

Your batteries are full, aren't they?

Sig by Master Nero

Heimdallr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2015, 01:25:38 AM »

tried different hubs, USB 2.0 too. my saber doesn't pop up as anything unknown either so i don't think it's a driver problem.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: