Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: UltraSabers Launcher v2.89 Windows Launcher  (Read 192945 times)
RoninJed
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2016, 12:08:05 AM »

I just got my first saber with the Obsidian V4 sound and the launcher keeps failing around 60% for me as well. I cant test or set different blade colors either. I see its been a problem for the past month now...not a good first impression for me....hope this gets fixed sooner rather then later.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2016, 11:06:48 PM »

Obsidian v4 sound by itself does not make you able to change the colors on you saber.  You would need an Emerald driver card installed as well in your saber, and it would have a second USB port that would  allow you to change the colors.

Is the launcher updated?    Are you following all the proper step in connecting your saber to the computer/launcher?   Are you running Windows 8 or 10?   Are you using USB 2.0 ports and cables?   There are a lot of potential problems that can be solved with more information.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

stonetemple0
Force Sensitive

KingmzZ

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2016, 03:48:05 AM »

Had many issues trying to update this firmware. I am attempting to reinstall the entire program. Wish me luck My buddy finally got his Bellicose (emearald) trying to mess around with the awesome features.

<(*_*<)

Slicerjen
Force Sensitive

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2016, 08:06:31 PM »

Regarding the inability to connect, i originally had my saber plugged into the front usb ports, both 2.0 and 3.0, and it was hit or miss if the launcher saw it. I read on the forum about using a hub, and as soon as i plugged it into my powered 3.0 hub, it immediately saw it. I believe it is the powered aspect of the hub that secures the connection. The 3.0 didn't make a difference for me.

Also, the launcher download on this thread is still v0.3. When i started it up, i was prompted to update to v0.4. Might need to update the posted link. And running as admin to launch AND update is a must. My launcher hosed itself and i reinstalled it. It ran good when i was following the instructions. Hope all of that helps.

Excellent apprentice ce blade btw. Went with a pink to rose quartz color. For my wife's bday. The silver and gold style is so her.

Astrius
Force Sensitive

« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2016, 11:05:06 AM »

Windows 10 Pro x64 user that only has 3.0 USB ports. Got the Saber last night and now able to configure.

The short:
If your computers Operating System doesn't detect the unknown device, you're wasting time try to get the app to work/detect it. 
-Try different cable even if you KNOW the cable works with other devices. Using a cable that is probably 10 years old resolved my issue.
-Try USB hub as others suggested.

My Steps:

1. When installing the application and running the updater (MaintenanceTool), be sure you're Running As Administrator (right-click icon and Run as.. or Shft+Ctrl+Enter when .exe is highlighted).
(Side Note: I uninstalled the app at one point and found that while it removes the app from your Programs & Features menu, all of the program files still exist in *DriveLetter\Program Files(x86)\UltraSaber and I needed to delete the UltraSaber folder to fully remove. The icon will still remain on desktop, but it's a dead shortcut that can be deleted).

2. With Saber off and charged, if you plug in your Saber to your USB port and your computer doesn't inform you there's an unknown device, get another cable or USB hub (Windows Users: You can always go to Start > type 'device manager' hit enter and when box appears, right click your computers name and Scan for Hardware Changes to verify it doesn't see it).

3. I was using a newer cable for a device I have kicking around and knew it was a functional cable (at least with that device), but could never get my computer to recognize the Saber. I ended up finding another cable that's probably a decade old and instantly it was recognized by my computer as unknown device.

4. Ran application as Administrator, instantly connected, and can now alter settings.

Hope that helps some of you out there. Good luck and may the Force be with you!

-Astrius

Jemmer
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2016, 03:39:42 AM »

HI gang. My first ever post. Just got my first ever saber, and i am REALLY dumb about all this so please forgive any seemingly stupid questions Smiley

Without further adue - on the Obsidian Sound Driver - sliding the bars changes the sensitivity and I understand that. However, is the smaller number more desirable or is it the larger numbers to achieve a better reactive saber?

Meaning, for example, if I want even the slightest movement to trigger the movement sounds - is the number to be larger or smaller

Finally is there an "ultrasabers for dummies" to help me understand the options? as in, what does impact threshold mean? What does the debounce do and what is the best setting for it and why? WHat does motion integration mean? etc.

I've watched numerous videos, but either I missed those where Emory discussed them, or it just didn't get through my thick skull.

Thanks in advance.

Jem Smiley

PS I should note my saber is the Manticore CE nickel finish Emerald with V4 Obsidian sound board. Also, my launcher is version 1.03 with the "update" grayed out and not selectable. Downloaded from the link on this thread today (Sept 20, 2016). Is 1.03 the latest version for the launcher?

Manticore CE - (Obsidian V4) - Emerald RGBW

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2016, 06:26:05 AM »

Without further adue - on the Obsidian Sound Driver - sliding the bars changes the sensitivity and I understand that. However, is the smaller number more desirable or is it the larger numbers to achieve a better reactive saber?

Meaning, for example, if I want even the slightest movement to trigger the movement sounds - is the number to be larger or smaller

Finally is there an "ultrasabers for dummies" to help me understand the options? as in, what does impact threshold mean? What does the debounce do and what is the best setting for it and why? WHat does motion integration mean? etc.

I've watched numerous videos, but either I missed those where Emory discussed them, or it just didn't get through my thick skull.

Thanks in advance.

Jem Smiley

PS I should note my saber is the Manticore CE nickel finish Emerald with V4 Obsidian sound board. Also, my launcher is version 1.03 with the "update" grayed out and not selectable. Downloaded from the link on this thread today (Sept 20, 2016). Is 1.03 the latest version for the launcher?

I'm not at all the definitive fount of knowledge on this, so I will stick to what I know and what I have experience with.

I'll start from your last thing in the PS... If you are using Windows, click on the start button (On Win. 10, it's the Windows logo.) in the lower left corner (by default). Go to All Programs (Win10 will say All Apps) Find UltraSabers in the alphabetical list and click it. Right click on Maintenance Tool and run as administrator. From there you will be able to check for updates and download/install updates. Mine says it's the latest version and is 1.04

Impact Threshold: If you have Flash on Clash in your saber, this is how hard you have to hit the blade to make the impact noise and the flash.

Motion Threshold: How hard or fast you have to swing the saber to make the motion noises.

If you want even the slightest movement to trigger the sound, then make the numbers smaller on Motion Threshold.

Likewise on the 'Impact Threshold' if you want even the slightest bump to make the clash noise, and flash if you have that option, then make the numbers smaller (sometimes can get it to trigger by swinging the handle and suddenly stopping your swing).

As for 'debouncing' and 'integration' I have never felt the need to change these settings so I don't know what they do.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2016, 09:25:38 AM »

Also Jemmer, you need to post an acknowledgement in the rules section before making any further posts please.  It's something each member does, so we're all on the same page, so to speak.

I'm not sure how long you've had your saber, but I didn't bother chaning mine right away, since I kind of knew that I'd get better at wielding and spinning it - more aggressive, exaggerated movements.

The sabersmiths at US pre-set them pretty good as far as that's concerned.

That's just me though.

Nice choice on the Manticore BTW. Smiley

P.S. There are no stupid questions; only stupid answers.  (I'm good at those Tongue)

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Jemmer
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2016, 09:06:22 AM »

Also Jemmer, you need to post an acknowledgement in the rules section before making any further posts please.  It's something each member does, so we're all on the same page, so to speak.

I'm not sure how long you've had your saber, but I didn't bother chaning mine right away, since I kind of knew that I'd get better at wielding and spinning it - more aggressive, exaggerated movements.

The sabersmiths at US pre-set them pretty good as far as that's concerned.

That's just me though.

Nice choice on the Manticore BTW. Smiley

P.S. There are no stupid questions; only stupid answers.  (I'm good at those Tongue)

acknowledged.

Thanks for the comments. This is my first ever saber from any where and it is a week old. My passion for lightsabers is 42 years old. Smiley

In the last week I have so far managed to break 2 picture frames, unintentionally traumatize my Ferret, bruise the ridge along my index finger/palm, gouge my end table, embed a Manticore emitter pattern into my metatarsal, accidentally and violently relocate floor lamps (twice), and developed a rather elaborate 'connect the dots' motif in my hardwood floor from dropping the hilt. I can't wait to see the hell is gonna happen next. ha ha. *sigh*

Regrading the software - Whether I make changes is irrelevant. Its about understanding my options on the software, otherwise why bother having software, or the ability to make changes. Since I am unable to find any descriptions to explain the various options I am turning to the forums for the knowledge. By the looks of it - this knowledge doesn't actually exist any where publicly accessible.

To simile, its like buying a new paintball marker with electronics and a programmable board. There is a booklet, brochure, etc inserted with the packaging that explains what each setting means and how it alters performance from the preset specs. I was hoping for the same thing with my new UltraSaber considering i bought a saber with (what I consider) high end options.

Cheers Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2016, 10:52:08 AM »

I totally understand that. 

Be sure to install and run the software "as admin". 

It's fun to play around with the settings anyway...lol

I used to have a Bravo One with an E-trigger!

Surgery made me sell all my paintball stuff.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2016, 04:23:41 PM »

acknowledged.

Thanks for the comments. This is my first ever saber from any where and it is a week old. My passion for lightsabers is 42 years old. Smiley

In the last week I have so far managed to break 2 picture frames, unintentionally traumatize my Ferret, bruise the ridge along my index finger/palm, gouge my end table, embed a Manticore emitter pattern into my metatarsal, accidentally and violently relocate floor lamps (twice), and developed a rather elaborate 'connect the dots' motif in my hardwood floor from dropping the hilt. I can't wait to see the hell is gonna happen next. ha ha. *sigh*

Regrading the software - Whether I make changes is irrelevant. Its about understanding my options on the software, otherwise why bother having software, or the ability to make changes. Since I am unable to find any descriptions to explain the various options I am turning to the forums for the knowledge. By the looks of it - this knowledge doesn't actually exist any where publicly accessible.

To simile, its like buying a new paintball marker with electronics and a programmable board. There is a booklet, brochure, etc inserted with the packaging that explains what each setting means and how it alters performance from the preset specs. I was hoping for the same thing with my new UltraSaber considering i bought a saber with (what I consider) high end options.

Cheers Smiley

Although you may have already seen these, here's a youtube video that might help out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJORRyxxR5Q

Also there's this. A little more than 9 minutes in, he starts explaining the more nuanced features of the software.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvyRd6NuCJw

Direct time link to a section of the above video that goes explicitly into the questions that you asked.
https://youtu.be/JvyRd6NuCJw?t=692

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2016, 07:03:15 PM »

The options are quite complex at first glance, but as soon as you understand what the different settings do, it's easy Cheesy

So, for the Obsidian sound board, this is what the different options affect:

Motion Threshold: Overall sensitivity of the motion detection sensor. The lower the number, the more sensitive the sensor is - and the higher is the triggering of fake motion sounds.

Motion Integration Time: Sensitivity of the motion sensor in regards of the above mentioned fake triggers. The lower the number, the more sensitive the saber is and more fake triggers occur. Rising the number lowers the fake trigger chance, but also overall sensitivity. Use this in combination with Motion Threshold to achieve high sensitivity without too many fake triggers.

Impact Thresold: The same as Motion Thresold, only for the impact detection sensor.

Impact Debouncing Time: The same as Motion Integration Time, only for fake triggers of the impact sensor.

Minimum Time Between Impacts: This sets the reset speed of the impact sensor. The lower the number, the faster the sensor can react to subsequent impacts.

Lockup Flash Time (only for Flash on Clash enabled sabers without the Emerald Driver): The simplest of the settings. It controls the speed of the lockup light effects - the higher, the faster.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2016, 07:58:26 PM »

Valuable clearly understandable reply Rac.  I needed that information and I'm sure many others will benefit as well.   point  Grin

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2016, 08:17:25 PM »

Glad that I could help you Grin Maybe I will make a similar post like the one with the sound fonts and let it become stickied Tongue That will make things easier and I don't have to post it over and over again Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Jemmer
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2016, 08:53:34 PM »

WOW! thank you for the videos and the explanations! Fabulous content - just thank you so much. Top shelf guys Cheesy

I have seen those videos before, but Racona Nova's description is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again everyone.

Cheers Smiley

Jemmer

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: