Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Author Topic: UltraSabers Launcher v2.89 Windows Launcher  (Read 194071 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2018, 06:05:14 PM »

Looking forward to your results! The cables from Ultrasabers are definitely working, if you shouldn't find one.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Steepcurve
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2018, 01:19:09 AM »

Hi all... I've been attempting to install the launcher on my PC, which is running Windows 7 Professional.  I can get it to install (and I install it as administrator), and then it will connect to my Obsidian board (which I believe is a V3).  However, if I attempt to update the software and download the latest fonts by going to the Start Button>Ultrasabers>maintenance, it sees an update, downloads it but then during the install, it throws a message that says:  Installer Error:  Error during installation process (com.ultrasabers.launcher):  Error while extracting 'installer://com.ultrasabers.launcher/2.45Application.7z': internal code: E_FAIL

Once this happens, the application appears to be damaged.  The application will have disappeared from my desktop and start menu.  In the uninstall software window, the application shows, and can be uninstalled.

Then I have to reinstall the whole thing - but I cannot update it, or the same thing will happen. 

All I really wanted to do was get some new fonts to play with.  What am I doing wrong?

Update:  This time I made sure to run the update "as administrator" and it processed.  Unfortunately, now my saber won't light up or make noise... I'm thinking it needs a charge... so I'll report back after I deal with that...

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2018, 01:13:58 PM »

Hi all... I've been attempting to install the launcher on my PC, which is running Windows 7 Professional.  I can get it to install (and I install it as administrator), and then it will connect to my Obsidian board (which I believe is a V3).  However, if I attempt to update the software and download the latest fonts by going to the Start Button>Ultrasabers>maintenance, it sees an update, downloads it but then during the install, it throws a message that says:  Installer Error:  Error during installation process (com.ultrasabers.launcher):  Error while extracting 'installer://com.ultrasabers.launcher/2.45Application.7z': internal code: E_FAIL

Once this happens, the application appears to be damaged.  The application will have disappeared from my desktop and start menu.  In the uninstall software window, the application shows, and can be uninstalled.

Then I have to reinstall the whole thing - but I cannot update it, or the same thing will happen. 

All I really wanted to do was get some new fonts to play with.  What am I doing wrong?

Update:  This time I made sure to run the update "as administrator" and it processed.  Unfortunately, now my saber won't light up or make noise... I'm thinking it needs a charge... so I'll report back after I deal with that...

This happened to me earlier. When the battery charge is too low it acts wonky when you connect it. That's likely it. Also make sure you're turning it on before you've connected! Keep us posted on what happens!

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2018, 01:28:17 PM »

Yeah, the update thing doesn't work. I don't know why. What I did to solve this issue was to download the latest launcher from here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34473.0

I know it says Diamond, but it works fine for Obsidian and Emerald.

Someone with the authority to fix things around here needs to put the download link for the 2.45 launcher in the first post of this thread. The update error is causing a lot of unnecessary problems that could be fixed by simply updating this thread.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2018, 01:49:57 PM »

Yeah, the update thing doesn't work. I don't know why. What I did to solve this issue was to download the latest launcher from here:

Someone with the authority to fix things around here needs to put the download link for the 2.45 launcher in the first post of this thread. The update error is causing a lot of unnecessary problems that could be fixed by simply updating this thread.

Agreed. Would make finding the latest software easier

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2018, 07:12:14 PM »

Updated the link and added the usual "Run as admin" comment! Thanks for the suggestion Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2018, 08:15:21 PM »

Updated the link and added the usual "Run as admin" comment! Thanks for the suggestion Smiley

Ask and we shall receive, thanks for being on top of things as usual, Racona! Have a point!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #157 on: September 22, 2018, 08:43:41 PM »

I thought about it myself, actually. But I never found time to search the link Tongue Thankfully we have capable members who assist us and provide us with information Cheesy Point!

Sig by Master Nero

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #158 on: September 22, 2018, 09:15:27 PM »

Ah yes! I had to do this too. I had gotten confused cuz I thought the diamond update was ONLY for diamond boards. That should be clearer I agree. Hopefully charged battery and a software update should rectify all that

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2018, 09:20:04 PM »

Thanks, Rac! That will help alleviate a lot of the confusion, I think.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2018, 09:36:35 PM »

I think so, too. Let's see how that will develop...

Sig by Master Nero

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #161 on: September 22, 2018, 10:13:03 PM »

Well, I just meant as far as the whole download and update thing. There will always be questions to answer, which is just fine. Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #162 on: September 22, 2018, 11:28:25 PM »

Well, I just meant as far as the whole download and update thing. There will always be questions to answer, which is just fine. Smiley

Agreed, as long as the act of finding what to download is figured out, that may answer a lot of questions even though there will still be questions to be answered

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2018, 06:52:27 PM »

Just tell me when you need other changes or updates. I'll try to have my eye on everything, but you know...the more eyes, the better Tongue

Sig by Master Nero

Axeman0110
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Great! Don't get cocky....

« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2019, 04:02:15 AM »

I downloaded from the v4 Launcher button, but the Launcher says v2.45. What's up with that?

Jimi

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: