Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lightsaber Scabbard  (Read 16634 times)
cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 117

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 02:16:57 AM »

The scabbard is a beautiful piece of work.  You did a wonderful job on keeping the stitches uniform.  I see where you said you trimmed the excess at the bottom; out of curiosity, did you use any type of finishing on it?  Or did you leave the edge free?  In the picture it looks like the leather is naturally conforming to the pipe, and I'm just wondering if that is the case, or if there is something securing it. 

I'm not sure what you mean by finishing?  The only point at which the leather is secured to the pipe is under the covertec wheel.  I did not use any kind of glue.  When I cut the excess leather at the bottom, I just used scissors to follow the contour of the pipe.  The reason the leather conforms so well to the pipe is that I cut the leather strip to the width equal to the pipe's circumference.

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Other Force FX lightsabers:
Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

chui
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 01:28:24 AM »

I'm so sorry that I was unclear.  By finishing, I just wondered if you used any sort of glue or additional stitching along the bottom edge.  Thank you for your answer, and again, it's a truly lovely piece. 

~Grey on my best days, but always Dark in my heart~

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 01:31:24 PM »

Point for you
That's a great idea and it came out great too

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

yjohn13@yahoo.com
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 01:41:49 PM »

Looks good heres the one you inspired me to make ,a little simpler and for those who don't have a cover tec knob

yjohn13@yahoo.com
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 117

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 05:32:31 PM »

Looks good heres the one you inspired me to make ,a little simpler and for those who don't have a cover tec knob

Excellent John!  I was hoping to inspire other people to share their own ideas.  Until I got to the part of adding the leather wrap on the PVC pipe, my scabbard was reasonable low cost.  Unfortunately, the bare PVC pipe looks cheesy.  The PVC could be painted for less cost than adding a leather wrap.  A cloth fabric wrap might also be cheaper in cost.  That's where each individual's own creativity can come into the project.

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Other Force FX lightsabers:
Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

yjohn13@yahoo.com
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 01:56:37 PM »

yeah I just have not gotten to paint it yet ,plus I wanted every one to see what it was made of .

BladeCrossEXE
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -76

Shape the Future! Give Dark Points!

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2015, 02:29:34 AM »

Thanks for these tips! When I remodel my suit of armor, I can use these tips! I keep my current scabbard inside my belt. My current scabbard is a piece of PVC pipe, an end cap, and a windowed coupler.

Subscribe to me on Youtube! youtube.com/FlashingBladesProductions
Current Sabers:                                             
Dark Catalyst                                                 
Dark Prophecy                                               
Dark Initiate V2 LE x2
Dominix V2 RGB
Flamberge LE Emerald

Abigorish
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 01:25:38 PM »

This is pretty amazing!  I have been trying to figure out how to make some kind of sheath or something to carry the saber, Never thought about using a PVC pipe!

Sabers I own: Dark Initiate V3 - BR, Bellicose - SRD, Malice - GB w/ AG FoA

Sabers I want: Dark Prophecy - BR or SRD, Shock - VA

lthldse50
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -7

More points, more points, Wait, what side was I???

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 12:58:37 PM »

Know this is old...but what a great idea, and it looks cool. I think I want to try this out.

"Wonderful girl. Either I'm going to kill her or I'm beginning to like her..."

Emerald LED Stunt Manticore
Emerald Obsidian IV Overlord with Flamberge pommel
Reaper
And counting...

Darth_Seishin
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

You Don't Know the Power of the Darkside!

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 12:41:18 AM »

Awesome idea! Will definitely keep this in mind for the future.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me."

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 32

The struggle betwix light and darkness never ends

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 11:07:54 PM »

Likewise... I've often thought about doing something similar...a simple piece of PVC piping hooked onto a belt seems like the way to go for me...particularly if i am going to carry around two sabers =D

Thanks for the ideas guys, loving it. Points to the both of you!

Ultrasabers-
Guardian GB^|Consular FO|Archon v2.1 CG|Manticore CE VA|Bellicose BR|>Emerald+Obs v4
Sentinel V4 FO|Dominix LE V4 BR Staff|Dark Initiate V4 BR|2x Dark Sentinel LE V4 CG|Dark Liberator AB|Aeon V4 BR|Std Issue BS BR|>stunt
Co-Founder: Southern Rogues Saber TCC Website: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2020, 03:43:22 PM »

This is a great concept, with pretty detailed construction details. Sadly it seems the photos of the leather bound version have been lost to the sands of time. I doubt it, but did anyone else save reference pictures of the original poster's design/finished sheath? I'll likely still attempt building something similar, but curiosity has me wanting to see their version as more than just a visual aid. If they were still active they'd be getting points for this...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: