Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestions for Emerald v2  (Read 13583 times)
Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 12:12:11 AM »

Good Post.
 I've only just received my first saber but I can't help but notice certain sounds seem to match certain colors better. I know it's purely psychological but I was thinking along the same lines.

I envision that the banks could be settings banks and not just sound banks and changing the preset would set the sound and colors. So, you could have a few whole saber setups. I'd even be willing to loose a couple of the preset slots in order to make this happen.

I haven't noticed an issue in regards to you 2nd point but I will keep an more detailed eye on it next time I play with it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants this. Thanks again.

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 05:32:05 AM »

Instead of attaching the Emerald v2 and Obsidian v4, what about just giving them the same feature.  So that when the button is held to get to the Obsidian to switch fonts, the Emerald is also engaged (separately) to change color presets.  There would of course have to be a default pre-set of 8 colors, probably based on the sounds in the Obsidian v4, and including one for "silent".  I would guess the basic Obsidian sound and silent might be set to the customer's default color on order, while the others have a specific color to them.  The user would then have to figure out both if changes are made.

The other option might be the ability to run the Emerald's program on a mobile device so that one can change the colors basically anywhere.  We almost always have our phones with us these days.

This last one is likely impractical, but the ability to change the colors remotely (WIFI, Bluetooth, whatever) so that one does not have to even unscrew the pommel.  That could just be considered lazy, but it lessens the risk of damaging the wires while getting the battery pack out.  Especially if one already has a recharge port and doesn't need to take the batteries out much, if at all.

Or related to that one, have the option of an external cell phone style Mini or Micro USB port that is used to both recharge the saber and can grant access to Emerald and/or Obsidian boards.  That might be asking too much out of the electronics while also being able to duel with the saber.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:37:08 AM by ithekro » Logged

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

nermaljcat
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 01:06:32 PM »

May as well toss in a couple of my suggestions:

** Ramped LED power up/down (user selectable) to mimic a blade extending/retracting.

** Ability to add more steps to the pulse mode & a "Random" pulse setting so it wouldn't be so mechanical.

These would be great features.

Also keen on #3 - change color settings on the fly (ideally at the push of a button).

The other option might be the ability to run the Emerald's program on a mobile device so that one can change the colors basically anywhere.  We almost always have our phones with us these days.

^^ this idea would be another way to change color settings on the go ... and at the same time solve some hassles that us Linux users have trying to use the launcher =P

BTW - does FoC require the two boards to communicate? I thought the accelerometer was on the Obsidian board, and that the sound board sent a signal to the Emerald board to tell it to flash? If that's the case, could this also be used by the Obsidian board to tell an Emerald v2 board to switch color profiles?

Archon v3.1, Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4 + Archon v2 emitter

Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 01:37:08 PM »

If that's the case, could this also be used by the Obsidian board to tell an Emerald v2 board to switch color profiles?

Not with the current Obsidian. There's no pinout for a signal identifying which font is in use.

I'm personally hoping that the recent addition of Obsidian v4 to the parts store means that a new soundboard is on the way.

I know of another saber builder that builds all their sabers with RGB-capable soundboards, but offers the hilts in these configurations:

Base Price: Sound with single color
Upgrade lvl 1: Sound with Single Color and FoC
Upgrade lvl 2: Sound with FOC-capable RGB blade

All the same board, but different LEDs and wiring.

If US could combine Obsidian and Emerald into one new Diamond board offering RGB mixing and delayed crossguard ignition...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:45:02 PM by Kouri » Logged

nermaljcat
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 12:15:00 AM »

It'd also be great if the Emerald v2 came with a brighter LED.

You pay a premium for Emerald, but the LED configuration is dimmer than the Tri-Cree option.

Archon v3.1, Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4 + Archon v2 emitter

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 08:09:59 AM »

Well the Tri-Cree is more limited as it is only one color.  Very bright color, but only one.  No pulses, nor flash on clash either.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Blue of the Far Star
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 11:06:46 PM »

Well the Tri-Cree is more limited as it is only one color.  Very bright color, but only one.  No pulses, nor flash on clash either.

It should be possible for the Emerald to be as bright or brighter than the single Tri-Cee. What about have three (RGB) or four (RGBW) LEDs for Emerald rather than a single RGBW LED. Or else use a brighter RGB LED. I also think that US should use a more powerful (more amp-hours) Lipo cell. If you need higher voltage, boost regulators are inexpensive.

For changing the Emerald color, I would use voicemail system. Instead of a long-press while the saber is off going only to sounds, it could ask for color or sound? Under that, it could use the user's predefined colors or (if the user hadn't defined any) US's predefined colors or go into the Emerald sound system like today.

This is, of course, if the Obsidian board could control the Emerald board. And I suspect it can.

Current lightsabers, all UltraSabers.
Initiate LE V4 (Emerald)
Phantasm V4 - one staff or two stunt sabers (Aeon LE V4's)
2 x Aeon LE V4 (Emerald, Sound v4)
Azure Menace (Emerald, Sound v4)
Dark Mantis (Emerald, Sound V4)
2 x War Glaive (Emerald, Sound V4) one for my spear, one for a saber
The Guardian (Emerald, Sound V4)
One quarterstaff (5 Yari + 2 pommels)
Many Grab Bag sabers for prezzies

Light Side points, please. At least I'm trying to be good. Smiley

Blue of the Far Star: Jedi, Nomad, Navigator, and Survivor

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: