Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Menace CE + Obsidian V4  (Read 9606 times)
Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« on: March 28, 2015, 03:18:10 AM »

So I finally got around to taking some pics of my new Menace CE in PO with silver flash.  Equipped with QD's so there is also one in SY and a few in CG.

First off I have to say with every new release Ultrasabers just keeps raising the bar higher.  The Menace is quite simply a work of saber art.  The attention to detail on this is outstanding and the nickel plating is a thing of beauty.  I was surprised at how short the hilt was coming in at just about an inch longer than my V4 Dark Initiates and is even shorter than the Prophecy.  Despite being a short hilt you can still get a good two-handed grip on it, but the top hand has to work around the thumb-screw above the switch.  It can be uncomfortable but just something to get used to, or wear a glove.  In contrast the ribbed lower grip is very smooth and comfortable.  The only bad thing is it did not come with a covertech wheel, but no big deal.  

As for the V4 board, I want to thank Emory for letting me get in on the Beta release.  Finally, multiple sound fonts!  Not just multiple fonts, but up to eight!  And the option of having a silent one?   Shocked
I must say, I am a fan of the Blackstar font.  They are all great but I think that one might be my favorite.  The V4 board definitely seems louder than the V3 and I love that boot fonts finally have an impact.  I always liked the sound fonts that had movie quotes as boots, now I will actually be able to hear them without removing in putting the batteries back in.  I still haven't gotten around to checking out the V4 launcher, but so far I am a fan of the V4 board.  You can check out Darth Calico's review of the V4 board for a more in depth analysis.  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23325.0

Enough talk.  Take a look at this little beauty.   Cool

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:22:12 AM by Molina00 » Logged

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 01:01:59 PM »

Nice pics that is a sweet lookin saber you got there. MTFBWY!!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Qui-Lar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 68

"This weapon is your life!"

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 03:53:15 PM »

So I finally got around to taking some pics of my new Menace CE in PO with silver flash.  Equipped with QD's so there is also one in SY and a few in CG.

First off I have to say with every new release Ultrasabers just keeps raising the bar higher.  The Menace is quite simply a work of saber art.  The attention to detail on this is outstanding and the nickel plating is a thing of beauty.  I was surprised at how short the hilt was coming in at just about an inch longer than my V4 Dark Initiates and is even shorter than the Prophecy.  Despite being a short hilt you can still get a good two-handed grip on it, but the top hand has to work around the thumb-screw above the switch.  It can be uncomfortable but just something to get used to, or wear a glove.  In contrast the ribbed lower grip is very smooth and comfortable.  The only bad thing is it did not come with a covertech wheel, but no big deal.  

As for the V4 board, I want to thank Emory for letting me get in on the Beta release.  Finally, multiple sound fonts!  Not just multiple fonts, but up to eight!  And the option of having a silent one?   Shocked
I must say, I am a fan of the Blackstar font.  They are all great but I think that one might be my favorite.  The V4 board definitely seems louder than the V3 and I love that boot fonts finally have an impact.  I always liked the sound fonts that had movie quotes as boots, now I will actually be able to hear them without removing in putting the batteries back in.  I still haven't gotten around to checking out the V4 launcher, but so far I am a fan of the V4 board.  You can check out Darth Calico's review of the V4 board for a more in depth analysis.  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23325.0

Enough talk.  Take a look at this little beauty.   Cool

Nice pics and review. I do not own any quick disconnects, how
easy is it to switch them out?

Catalyst(s) DarkArbiter DarkProphecy(s) ChosenOne
CrimsonMantis DarkLiberatorV3 InitiateV3 ShockLE
Guardian SentinelLEV4 Consular DarkInitiateLEV2
InitiateLEV2 Manticore(s) DominixV4 Flamberge(sss)
Bellicose Archon DominixLEV3(s) Monarch InitiateLEV3
SentinelV4 DominixV2RGB Scorpion(s) Menace(sssss)
DarkApprenticeV4 DarkSentinelLEV4 AeonLEV4V

Darth Calico
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -51

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 05:17:09 PM »

Those are some great pics!  This is the first Menace I've seen with quick disconnects and they look really good. Thanks for the nod to my review!  Point!

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 06:05:23 PM »

Thanks guys! 

Qui-Lar, the quick disconnects are pretty easy to work with.  It's basically just a connector you unplug the LED from and can plug another one in to it.  If you  get a saber with FOC then you have two connectors. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 06:35:21 PM »

Gorgeous looking saber you have there.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 12:38:57 AM »

That is beautiful. I'm excited to hold one some day. I'd be into a classic BR, but it looks equally sexy in the other blades. And the machining. *shudder*

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 02:00:08 AM »

That is beautiful. I'm excited to hold one some day. I'd be into a classic BR, but it looks equally sexy in the other blades. And the machining. *shudder*

I probably would have gone BR, but I have other sabers in that color and none of PO.  And then you have the magic of quick disconnects.
Yes, it is a beautiful peice of machine work.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 06:15:59 AM »

I probably would have gone BR, but I have other sabers in that color and none of PO.  And then you have the magic of quick disconnects.
Yes, it is a beautiful peice of machine work.

I agree having QD's with the Menace is a good idea it just seems like there is no wrong blade color for such a great lighsaber as this.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 05:13:47 PM »

Molina.  Really great review and point well earned.  Am just in the process of getting this model just like yours in all nickel and no illuminated av switch.  Adding a 2-channel Emerald.  Am surprised that you did not get a covertec wheel.  Thought that they were standard on this saber and placed opposite the switch ?  Would you please respond to this and I will purchase the covertec  prior to my order today.  Shocked

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 05:34:03 PM »

Thanks.  Smiley

I thought it said in the product listing that they come standard, and mine did come with a hole drilled and tapped for the wheel opposite of the switch.  I just didn't get it.  I think it got left off by accident, but I'm not one to make a big deal out of little things.  I can just take the wheel off another saber if I want to put this one my belt.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 04:47:03 AM »

Way nice looking saber. I'm liking the Menace more and more. Might have to pick me one up eventually. Probably go Dark Menace though ;o

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

plugsy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 11:30:27 AM »

Very nice,
The more I look at it the more I'm tempted..
This could be my saber number 4.

Escapism is a Necessity

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: