Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber sent for repair  (Read 5100 times)
seiji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 2

Gray Jedi. No light or dark side points needed!

« on: March 28, 2015, 05:15:36 PM »

Hi all,

I sent my saber in to Ultrasabers for repair of the Obsidian soundboard. Sent through speedpost priority (3 to 6 working days).now at U.S customs pending customs release.

Here's my question, has anyone sent their sabers for repair, especially for the obsidian soundboard v3? How long does it take for customs to release and sent it to Ultrasabers for repair? And roughly for the soundboard, how long would it take for repair? And when it gets repaired, how long does it take to ship out again?

Dont feel like disturbing Mr Emory too much. Wanna ask around here to see the responses before asking Mr Emory. Grin

Sabers gotten:
Aeon Le v3 (AB) Obsd
Dark prophecy v3 (SRD) stunt
Dominix v3 (BR) obsd
Initiate Le v3 (GB) stunt
Dark initiate v3 (CG) stunt
Flamberge (AS clr disc) obsd
Archon v2.1 (CG) obsd - out for repairs
Dark sentinel v4 (BR) obsd
The Aeon (BR) stunt
Aeon LE v3 (VA) stunt
Dominix LE v3 (CG) stunt
Guardian (Emerald) obsd

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 05:24:03 PM »

As to customs, it is entirely dependent upon who is working at customs and how motivated they are to do their jobs. Sometimes, sabers go through customs in a matter of hours and sometimes it's days. Most times, it'll be no more than a day or two.

As to the repair time, my experience has been no more than a day or two...sometimes even sent back out the same day they receive it. In my experience, US is very fast at getting repair work done and sent back out.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:25:51 AM »

I'm from Canada and have sent back a couple of my hilts to US for repair. I've never had anything held at customs before so I can't comment on that. However, the day that US received my sabers, they had them fixed and ready to ship back out. The same day! Then my sabers were ready for me to pick up within 3-4 business days. Quality repair work, and quick turnaround. Rest assured you're saber is going into the hands of people who care about what they do IMO.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

seiji
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 05:40:29 AM »

As to customs, it is entirely dependent upon who is working at customs and how motivated they are to do their jobs. Sometimes, sabers go through customs in a matter of hours and sometimes it's days. Most times, it'll be no more than a day or two.

As to the repair time, my experience has been no more than a day or two...sometimes even sent back out the same day they receive it. In my experience, US is very fast at getting repair work done and sent back out.
L

I'm from Canada and have sent back a couple of my hilts to US for repair. I've never had anything held at customs before so I can't comment on that. However, the day that US received my sabers, they had them fixed and ready to ship back out. The same day! Then my sabers were ready for me to pick up within 3-4 business days. Quality repair work, and quick turnaround. Rest assured you're saber is going into the hands of people who care about what they do IMO.
@ben pass and hazard502, thanks sir for the info! From I've seen on the speed post website, it has reached USA and now in transit to the processing facility. Hopefully it will reach Ultrasabers and that it'll get fixed up soon!

Sabers gotten:
Aeon Le v3 (AB) Obsd
Dominix v3 (BR) obsd
The Aeon (BR) stunt
Aeon LE v3 (VA) stunt
Dominix LE v3 (CG) stunt
Guardian (Emerald) obsd

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »

seiji, I'm afraid that it may take a while. I sent my Catalyst back for a quick repair (US turned it around in about 24 hours!) but the shipping... Undecided

All in all, it took almost a month to find its way to Texas - about 3-4 days to cross the Atlantic, which is fine, but almost 3 weeks waiting in a USPS facility to get sorted for delivery. I didn't use priority shipping or anything as it was already something like £20 to ship back the hilt on its own. I was kicking myself after a couple of weeks when it looked like it was lost and the possible insurance payout was going to be less than the hilt was worth.

Fortunately it got there in the end, and it's back in my hands now, but the lack of information between 'at sort facility' and 'out for delivery' was really worrying.

Hopefully for you it'll be a bit quicker!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

seiji
Knight Officer

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 12:20:40 PM »

seiji, I'm afraid that it may take a while. I sent my Catalyst back for a quick repair (US turned it around in about 24 hours!) but the shipping... Undecided

All in all, it took almost a month to find its way to Texas - about 3-4 days to cross the Atlantic, which is fine, but almost 3 weeks waiting in a USPS facility to get sorted for delivery. I didn't use priority shipping or anything as it was already something like £20 to ship back the hilt on its own. I was kicking myself after a couple of weeks when it looked like it was lost and the possible insurance payout was going to be less than the hilt was worth.

Fortunately it got there in the end, and it's back in my hands now, but the lack of information between 'at sort facility' and 'out for delivery' was really worrying.

Hopefully for you it'll be a bit quicker!

Holy @#$%! Coz mine is still at the sorting facility! Hope it gets sorted out and sent for repairs soon! Well, i had no choice though. Its either express (1 to 2 days), priority (3 to 6 days) and economy (around a month). Prices are different for all 3. If it doesnt get delivered soon for repairs, i am gonna kick myself and the post office (coz I would need it back and put it inside the gift box in 3 weeks time)

But for yours, after getting your hilt repaired, how long did you have to wait before it reaches back safely in your hands?

Sabers gotten:
Aeon Le v3 (AB) Obsd
Dominix v3 (BR) obsd
The Aeon (BR) stunt
Aeon LE v3 (VA) stunt
Dominix LE v3 (CG) stunt
Guardian (Emerald) obsd

DuRwIn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:58:49 AM »

Hi,

I was having a blinking light issue with my Emerald Manticore (w/sound) and after Emory tried extensively to help me trouble shoot it via email, I had to send it in.  I live in Canada and sent it early on a Monday and through tracking, I saw customs held it for about 3-4 hours, and my hilt arrived at US late Friday that same week.  I still haven't heard back from US on my hilt, but today was the first full work day they have had it... and I know they are also getting ready for the event in Anaheim this weekend.  I don't know how long it will take to repair, but customs so far hasn't been a big delay.  I also want to reinforce that the support I've received from Emory to date has been simply superb.  I'm advocating patience (a good Jedi trait) knowing my hilt is in very good hands!

Hope this helps.  MTFBWY, A.

~DuRwIn

seiji
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 04:45:13 AM »

Hi,

I was having a blinking light issue with my Emerald Manticore (w/sound) and after Emory tried extensively to help me trouble shoot it via email, I had to send it in.  I live in Canada and sent it early on a Monday and through tracking, I saw customs held it for about 3-4 hours, and my hilt arrived at US late Friday that same week.  I still haven't heard back from US on my hilt, but today was the first full work day they have had it... and I know they are also getting ready for the event in Anaheim this weekend.  I don't know how long it will take to repair, but customs so far hasn't been a big delay.  I also want to reinforce that the support I've received from Emory to date has been simply superb.  I'm advocating patience (a good Jedi trait) knowing my hilt is in very good hands!

Hope this helps.  MTFBWY, A.

~DuRwIn

Hi there,

The latest news I got is that speed post has delivered my hilt to Ultrasabers and the next thing I know, I have received a notification from Fedex that I am to receive my hilt back on monday.

Now attempting to clarify with Mr Emory on the repairs done!

Will keep you guys updated on how it goes!

Sabers gotten:
Aeon Le v3 (AB) Obsd
Dominix v3 (BR) obsd
The Aeon (BR) stunt
Aeon LE v3 (VA) stunt
Dominix LE v3 (CG) stunt
Guardian (Emerald) obsd

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 11:17:58 PM »

iv never sent one back b4 so im not sure if my question is appropriate here
how do you send it back

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 06:56:22 AM »

iv never sent one back b4 so im not sure if my question is appropriate here
how do you send it back
Send an email to shipping@ultrasabers with an order number in the subject line saying that you need repairs. They will give you detailed description on what to do when sending your saber back. Follow those instructions EXACTLY as they are written. If you do something wrong, it makes it a nightmare for everyone.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

dark side points

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 05:36:53 AM »

thanks for the advice

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

dark side points

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 10:37:15 PM »

when sending it in for repair, do i need a return form for the shipping company?
can i use the same box that the saber came in?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:47:33 PM by Darth Blightus » Logged

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 07:02:07 AM »

when sending it in for repair, do i need a return form for the shipping company?
can i use the same box that the saber came in?
No return label. If you just email them, they will give you the address and have you ship ONLY your hilt (no blade) therefore, you may need a different box (or to simply cut your box and tape it together to a smaller size.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -354

Dark side points please ^^

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 08:49:23 PM »

Mine reached American customs on Sunday evening, but is now still waiting for release... it's Tuesday evening here. How long does this take normally?

Because I know that once it reaches US, it may just be a matter of some days to a week until I have my saber back XD

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel V4 (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Flamberge V2, Adegan Silver sideblades (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dark Prophecy, Blazing Red (Obsidian V4)
Prophecy, Guardian Blue (Obsidian V4)
Dark Sentinel V4, Sun Rider's Destiny (Obsidian V5)
Dark Apprentice v4, Guardian Blue (Stunt)

Sold:
Dark Shock (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, TRI Consular Green (Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, Adegan Silver (Stunt)
Aeon LE V4, Consular Green (Stunt)

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

dark side points

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 12:22:48 AM »

No return label. If you just email them, they will give you the address and have you ship ONLY your hilt (no blade) therefore, you may need a different box (or to simply cut your box and tape it together to a smaller size.

well i sent in my saber.
i used the same box it came with (i didnt cut it)
i included a repair request form and a printed copy of the email thread concerning my issue
now i just gotta wait

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: