Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: using two different brand batteries safe?  (Read 1448 times)
d4rk5id3r
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -10

« on: August 14, 2011, 05:47:10 AM »

ok, my beautiful magenta hue had started fading to red already. i have read the stickies on this board, so i knew to start with the batteries. the 4 AAA Rocket Powers were making my saber too red, so i placed in 4 brand new Engerizer Max and it made my saber straight up violet. so with the power of the force and all of my non existent technical electrical knowledge i thought, to use two Rocket Powers and two Energizers and BAM BAM AW DWAM my beautiful magenta blade sure enough was back!  Cheesy Cool

so, short story long, is this safe for the LEDs and/or the wiring in the saber? as always, thanks in advance saberbros

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »

As all battery packs advise it is a bad idea to mix used and new batteries.  There is supposedly a low likelihood that the batteries might crack and leak acid, and you don't want that in your saber.  Luckily for you there are other ways to get that perfect color you want.  One of which is to use NiHM rechargeable batteries:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1846.0

The other thing that will help is if you buy some color filter discs.  You can really perfect the magenta color that you want!  I really strongly suggest using the NiHM batteries and color discs over mixing used and unused batteries.

Cheers,
MAV

d4rk5id3r
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 06:35:32 PM »

thanks for the response MAV. for the safety of my beloved saber i am temporarily using 4 brand new energizer max as to not mix batteries. so yea, my saber is going to stay this ruby-violet color until i can get my hands on some real batteries.

also i am trying to avoid discs at all costs, since this is going to be my primary stunter i want as little parts/components as possible. i like to travel light ! and since when i first received the saber, the magenta was perfectly honed in. so i know i just need to find the right batteries to keep the LEDs going strong.

cheers

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 10:16:39 PM »

As long as you don't use different brands in FX sabers, they have been known to have some issues if you do...

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 01:02:07 AM »

I mix battery brands all the time, and I've never had a problem.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: