Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: UltraSabers will be attending Dragon*Con 2011  (Read 28599 times)
Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2011, 04:00:21 AM »

I got a text from Ultra today saying how amazing the Con is going. I am looking forward to hearing all about it when he comes back!

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 04:07:02 AM »

Excellent!  I'm looking forward to it too!  I'm glad they get to go out and be social and put the product out, but I kinda miss their input and am excited to hear what new thoughts they've gathered from being among the people!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 05:22:53 AM »

Can't wait to hear about all the fun! Cool

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 07:55:54 PM »

Can't wait to hear about all the fun! Cool
ME TOO!

Novastar
Disgraced
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 04:16:22 AM »

I got a text from Ultra today saying how amazing the Con is going. I am looking forward to hearing all about it when he comes back!
  ** FIST PUMP **

Creator of the "BALANCE OF POWER" live staged-combat shows
Licensed & experienced sabre fencing instructor
Sound font engineer for "Crystal Focus" & Obsidian
Creator of the NSCFCDs (CF Sound CDs)
Co-Founder of Golden Gate Knights (SF)
Co-Creator of NCSCS (Nova & Caine's Saber Combat System)

TheJediRevan
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 01:40:17 PM »

Got my saber at Dragon*Con.  Couldn't be happier!  Thanks Ultra!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »

Got my saber at Dragon*Con.  Couldn't be happier!  Thanks Ultra!

what saber

TheJediRevan
Force Sensitive

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 02:40:53 AM »

Manticore Consular Green with Sound.  I love it!

Gabriel_Summers
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 03:14:25 AM »

God that was such a good Con and meeting up with Ultra/Deep made it even so much better!

A quick additive to my DC story:

On Saturday after I picked up the Dark War Glaive, I went down to the Walk Of Fame to see if I could meet up with Sam Witwer since I was cosplaying as Starkiller from Force Unleashed 2. I got a rather good spot, but it came out that Witwer was stuck at a Smallville panel so we were like "Damnit!". Sam Huntington (Superman Returns, Dylan Dog: Dead Of Night, Fanboys) had his table right next to Witwer's table and he'd come out for his appearance. I looked over and was like "Dude, I loved you as Marcus in Dylan Dog!" when I recognized him. He responded with "Holy crap! You're one of 5 people who've seen that movie...why aren't you at my table, dammit?!" So we got to talking a bit and he saw the Raven/Dark War Glaive and his eyes went HUGE. He started asking me about them, if I'd made them- to which I said no, and then started pimping UltraSabers as well as telling him where the booth was (Which I had been doing all con. People saw the Raven and then the DWG and were like "DUDE THOSE'RE BADASS!"), what could they withstand, etc because he owned a MR Luke saber. With as personable as he was and friendly, I was more than willing to drop the 10 bucks for the photo op with him. When he realized that I'd paid for it, he looked at me with these puppy dog eyes and said "Can I wield the sabers for the picture?"...to which I GLADLY let him do. We ended up posing in Starkiller fashion.

So even an accomplished actor like Sam Huntington knows about you guys! Here's the photographic proof! (Sorry for no wraps there, they were hot as Hell)

And here's some of me as Starkiller!

--In the Parade, posing for a picture.

--Raven/Dark War Glaive staff (I'd bought a coupler and connected them. Unwieldy and long as Hell, but SO badass.)

--Starkiller and Chewbacca! The Raven was activated for ALL of the Parade.

--With Darth Maul at the Parade.

--The morning of the Parade.

--What is thy bidding, my Master?

--Master and Apprentice.

--Starkiller and Terra (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep).

--Starkiller, Tusken Raider and Stormtrooper.

--Secret Apprentice and Emperor's Hand.

--Damn Mandalorians!

--One of them said something hilarious and I had to mug for it, man.

--Starkiller and Stormtrooper.

Force Push! The story for this one is that when we went to pose, the Trooper suggested that pose. (and yes, I know Black Cat photobombed me XD)

--Starkiller vs MandaTHORian?!

--Exterminate, my ass! (There was a kid in that thing driving it!)

Raven (Normal Claws, SS Pommel, Guardian Blue, UltraEdge Heavy Grade Blade)
Dark War Glaive, Guardian Blue (no sound, UltraEdge blade)

Would love light side points if i deserve them.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 03:50:26 AM »

I want to go to a DragonCon even more now! Cheesy They look like loads of fun. I need a costume made though.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 03:51:03 AM »

Very cool Gabe, I wish I could have gone.

Looks like you have a great time. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

darth tratus
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 10:20:38 AM »

wow gabe that looked so fun. i wish i was able to go.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »

Holy crap Gabe, good stuff!  Should I call you Gabe, or maybe Vulcan?  (nerd joke alert...)  Love the pics, that con looked incredibly fun.  To be quite honest, you actually do kinda look like Starkiller...

Oh and the DWG/Raven staff?  COMPLETELY unwieldy looking but also COMPLETELY freaking awesome looking at the same time.  Two awesome sabers you got there!

RissaTS
Force Sensitive

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »

Bought 2 Aeon (sp?) sabers at Dragon*con!!!

Grin

Would have bought another one...as one immediately was confiscated by my youngling...

I hope you show up to more cons!! LOVE IT!
 Wink

Gabriel_Summers
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »

Holy crap Gabe, good stuff!  Should I call you Gabe, or maybe Vulcan?  (nerd joke alert...)  Love the pics, that con looked incredibly fun.  To be quite honest, you actually do kinda look like Starkiller...

Oh and the DWG/Raven staff?  COMPLETELY unwieldy looking but also COMPLETELY freaking awesome looking at the same time.  Two awesome sabers you got there!

HAHA! FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO GETS THE REFERENCE! YES! I love Vulcan also as much as I love Cyclops XD. And thank you! I was told I kinda looked like him at Con, which made my day. If I can pass a resemblance check as well as my costume, then I know I'm doing it right. I love how the DWG/R staff ends up looking and truth told...the DWG is LIGHT AS HELL! Oh man..it's very VERY easy to spin around on its own. The only problem with the staff outside of the ungodly length of it (almost 9 foot WHAT?!)..is that it's very one-sidedly heavy. But that's very easy to compensate for.

Thank you to everyone else- I cannot recommend UltraSabers enough, especially after the way they treated me at the Con. I saw a post elsewhere about this guy complaining and all I could think of was "Uhm, dude? DRAGONCON."...sure. Deep didn't answer my email I sent to him, but when I saw the setup of the US booth and the fact that they had to drive across the country? NO KIDDING HE DIDNT ANSWER! Dude was packed! Their customer service....you guys read it up there how satisfied I am. Having the US blades made the Starkiller cosplay that much more magical to me. I can't wait to finish the costume and revisit it next year.

Raven (Normal Claws, SS Pommel, Guardian Blue, UltraEdge Heavy Grade Blade)
Dark War Glaive, Guardian Blue (no sound, UltraEdge blade)

Would love light side points if i deserve them.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: