Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: UltraSabers will be attending Dragon*Con 2011  (Read 28601 times)
shyguy3000
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 72

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 08:27:06 PM »

Thank you to everyone else- I cannot recommend UltraSabers enough, especially after the way they treated me at the Con. I saw a post elsewhere about this guy complaining and all I could think of was "Uhm, dude? DRAGONCON."...sure. Deep didn't answer my email I sent to him, but when I saw the setup of the US booth and the fact that they had to drive across the country? NO KIDDING HE DIDNT ANSWER! Dude was packed! Their customer service....you guys read it up there how satisfied I am. Having the US blades made the Starkiller cosplay that much more magical to me. I can't wait to finish the costume and revisit it next year.

Yeah Dude, I'm totally Jealous. Hopefully they will attend WonderCon again next year (which will be in Anaheim, California) and I will able to swing by. Pretty sure my bank account will not be very happy though, (Not that it is right now. LOL) 

Light side Points please. =D
Consular w/ GB, BR, AB, SRD, MLS Units and Obsidian sound.
Archon V2 w/CG and Obsidian sound
Donimix V3 with DVA and Obsidian Sound
Guardian with GB and Obsidian Sound

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 08:28:58 PM »

HAHA! FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO GETS THE REFERENCE! YES! I love Vulcan also as much as I love Cyclops XD. And thank you! I was told I kinda looked like him at Con, which made my day. If I can pass a resemblance check as well as my costume, then I know I'm doing it right. I love how the DWG/R staff ends up looking and truth told...the DWG is LIGHT AS HELL! Oh man..it's very VERY easy to spin around on its own. The only problem with the staff outside of the ungodly length of it (almost 9 foot WHAT?!)..is that it's very one-sidedly heavy. But that's very easy to compensate for.

I'm surprised no one else mentioned the Marvel reference actually... I guess I'll just call you Vulcan from now on haha

I'm surprised to hear about the DWG being that light!  It looks like such a hefty weapon, that's pretty awesome that it's so easy to spin.  How is it compared to your Raven?  Is it good wielding them together?  When I dual wield long weapons I prefer the uniformity of them being the same, but that's just my preference.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2011, 08:57:47 PM »

what kinda blade do you have in your dwg?

Novastar
Disgraced
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »

Sounds like you had some awesome experiences, Gabriel!  Congrats!

And yup... super congrats to Ultrasabers... my guess is--Alex, Emory + crew are ***EXHAUSTED*** (actually, it's not a guess)... and they will be trying to recover as best they can.  Smiley

Really glad to hear about all these positive experiences, though!

Creator of the "BALANCE OF POWER" live staged-combat shows
Licensed & experienced sabre fencing instructor
Sound font engineer for "Crystal Focus" & Obsidian
Creator of the NSCFCDs (CF Sound CDs)
Co-Founder of Golden Gate Knights (SF)
Co-Creator of NCSCS (Nova & Caine's Saber Combat System)

Gabriel_Summers
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2011, 06:18:02 PM »

what kinda blade do you have in your dwg?

UltraEdge, AFAIK.
I'm surprised no one else mentioned the Marvel reference actually... I guess I'll just call you Vulcan from now on haha

I'm surprised to hear about the DWG being that light!  It looks like such a hefty weapon, that's pretty awesome that it's so easy to spin.  How is it compared to your Raven?  Is it good wielding them together?  When I dual wield long weapons I prefer the uniformity of them being the same, but that's just my preference.

The Raven and DWG are like night and day when it comes to wielding and weight. I use the Raven as a counterweight for my stance, since I tend to wield in the Jar'Kai style. Raven faces backwards in my right (off) hand, and the DWG is in my left (strong) hand, facing back. That way if I'd go to block, I'd have the heavier blade for more stopping power, and the DWG for striking. The DWG blade is a touch shorter, but that's because it sits deeper in the hilt of the saber.

Raven (Normal Claws, SS Pommel, Guardian Blue, UltraEdge Heavy Grade Blade)
Dark War Glaive, Guardian Blue (no sound, UltraEdge blade)

Would love light side points if i deserve them.

grave13
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -17

darkside points valued

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2011, 12:22:54 PM »

This is for the staff of ultrasabers..... how was your trip to dragon*con? Sounds like everyone has been extremely busy. Anything new planned for the future of ultrasabers? Or any spoilers that you can speak of at this time? Sorry I'm new. I'm just stoked about this site and the great job you do at making sabers. I don't own one yet but I do plan on getting one very soon. Anyways, welcome back!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »

UltraEdge, AFAIK.

i have the same on mine and i actually think its pretty heavy. what i do like abbout i though is it balances the saber out, so its not heavy on one side and light on the other

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 07:34:50 PM »

This is for the staff of ultrasabers..... how was your trip to dragon*con? Sounds like everyone has been extremely busy. Anything new planned for the future of ultrasabers? Or any spoilers that you can speak of at this time? Sorry I'm new. I'm just stoked about this site and the great job you do at making sabers. I don't own one yet but I do plan on getting one very soon. Anyways, welcome back!

Everybody is stoked!  It's been a little while since we've heard from the team and I'm sure they have LOTS to tell us.  The good thing for YOU my friend is you're part of the community that will hear it all FIRST!  Being on the forum means that Ultra will personally post about any new information, spoilers or developments once they are ready for public consumption.  Stay tuned for the latest!

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »

We are back, recovering, and catching up on emails and orders. There is lots to tell and Deep and I will fill you all in very shortly.

As for the convention, we sold out, and that is really saying something. Not only did we bring hundreds of pre-built sabers, we also did custom builds on-site.  Business wise, it was a huge success, but most important to me was meeting our Ultra Saber fans face to face.  Its a good feeling knowing we have so many friends all over the country.

Thanks for all the support and I'll be posting more after the weekend.

Salvatore1971
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 5

"Yes, I know, I have a toupée on my head!"

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 05:51:07 PM »

We are back, recovering, and catching up on emails and orders. There is lots to tell and Deep and I will fill you all in very shortly.

As for the convention, we sold out, and that is really saying something. Not only did we bring hundreds of pre-built sabers, we also did custom builds on-site.  Business wise, it was a huge success, but most important to me was meeting our Ultra Saber fans face to face.  Its a good feeling knowing we have so many friends all over the country.

Thanks for all the support and I'll be posting more after the weekend.

I'm glad you're back!  Grin
Remember that you have friends all over the world.  Wink Surely 1 here in Italy (me)!  Grin

Luke: "How did my father die?". Obi Wan (thinking and looking around):"And now what will I tell to this guy? Oh yes, sure: my 'certain point of view'!"

I'm Italian. Sorry for my bad en

darth tratus
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 10:16:36 PM »

thats very great to hear ultra! we are all huge fans of US and are very proud of your success at dragon con! cant wait to hear more

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2011, 07:43:27 PM »

It's great to hear the good news, Ultra! I'm so glad you guys are doing so well! Here's to many more years of bringing childhood dreams to life!

P.S. Let me just say that I love rubbing the fact that you guys are doing so well in my parents' faces lol.  Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2011, 12:25:06 AM »

@Ultra. Glad you guys had fun. I will have to try and attend DragonCon if you guys go next year. The trip won't be too much for me either since its in Georgia. I live in Ohio so yeah. I checked out the site even in the beginning of the year and didn't see you guys listed. =[ If I go to DragonCon next year look for a couple of nerdy guys with our Ultra Sabers. xp My bro likes my Liberator saber but he can't have it. Lol. Your booth will probably be my first stop if you guys go next year. =] Have a nice one.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

mightybill
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2011, 03:59:21 AM »

Just wanted to say Hey and that my girlfriend and I bought our first UltraSabers at this Dragon Con and we LOVE them. To the point that we now will be making our own KOTR style exile Jedi costumes. She got The Initiate V2 and got with i think is the Standard Issue but its red with chrome groves. Both blades are the Violet Amethyst

mightybill aka The Geek of Kinky and The Geek podcast

KenshinTrigger
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 3

Good... Bad.... I'm the guy with the saber.

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2011, 06:48:18 PM »

Probably something of a necropost but this felt like the best way to show my appreciation. Thanks for showing up to Dragon Con! It was the first time I had been in 3 years or so, but more importantly getting my first two initiates from you guys at the con is what has turned me on to ultrasabers. You guys were my window into the big world of custom combat lightsabers, reawakening the inner starwars nerd inside me. I hope to see you at next years con, especially since I've already got my pre-ordered pass waiting in the wings. can't wait to see if you have any new models or the like out by then, but most likely I'd be picking up an extra blade or part or two.

Initiate - guardian blue
Initiate LE - Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE - Blazing Red
Liberator - Arctic Blue
Consular - consular green

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: