Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Sound Board Problems  (Read 5409 times)
jkurtzz
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 14, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »

Hey guys, I just got my first ultrasaber and i'm super pumped but I have been having a lot of trouble changing the sound font for the sound board.

I can get the obsidian installer working and a serial number shows up but when I try do download the sound fonts the upper two icons are shaded out and it says that the boot files are missing from the lightsaber. The lightsaber does have sounds that work but when connected the basic lsu fonts do not appear in the launcher which is preventing me from downloading sound fonts.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to download the basic fonts or fix the problem so that I can start changing my sound fonts. THanks for your help!

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 09:14:34 PM »

I'd first like to welcome you to the forum.  I'm not sure about this particular problem but there is a thread of all reported bugs and solutions in the following link:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1927.0

When I first used my obsidian downloader program I was confused by it's operation.  Being that I'm not entirely sure about your problem let me describe how the program works to be sure you didn't make the mistake I made.  At first I tried to change just one or two sounds and got an error message.  I then realized that you cannot change just one sound.  Even if you only want one sound to be different from the preset you must put a sound file in each slot in the launcher otherwise it will not load any new sounds onto the board.

Hope you find your answer.

Cheers,
MAV

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 10:56:38 PM »

have u downloaded the free sound on the website? you need the original download to be able to change other sounds

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »

Youll need to goto xsabers.com and download the basic font , and the new fonts should you want. then make a folder in the same folder you put the Obsidian software in and name it obsidian fonts. extract the downloaded fonts into that folder.Once done you power up the saber , hook it to your computer and run the program.Use the file explorer in the program and direct it to the fonts folder you made. The font should show up there. Hope this helps.

dark side points please

jkurtzz
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 02:01:32 AM »

^^^ Vex your answer was PERFECT.  You're awesome thanks for the help

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 02:17:34 AM »

Your welcome , just had to do that last week !! Enjoy that AWSOME sound board!!!!

dark side points please

Novastar
Disgraced
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 07:12:30 AM »

For the record, there are currently no new ENTIRE sound fonts available (8-17-2011)... only sound "extras" / packages.

These sound packages can replace one or many sounds (for example you can use a "darkside poweron" instead of the default poweron)... but you *MUST* have a sound file in every other folder for the Obsidian launcher to function properly.

In other words--you must have:

* A boot sound
* A poweron sound (only ONE)
* A poweroff sound (only ONE)
* A lockup sound (only ONE)
* A motion sound or sounds (1-12, no more, no less)
* An impact sound or sounds (1-12, no more, no less)

Again, you *MUST* have all these present, or the Launcher will not allow you to proceed.

When the "actual" new fonts come out... never fear: they will be "complete" fonts, and NOT simply be "extras" packages.  However... some fonts will ADDITIONALLY have their own extras packages as well!  Smiley  Keep that in mind.  Smiley

Creator of the "BALANCE OF POWER" live staged-combat shows
Licensed & experienced sabre fencing instructor
Sound font engineer for "Crystal Focus" & Obsidian
Creator of the NSCFCDs (CF Sound CDs)
Co-Founder of Golden Gate Knights (SF)
Co-Creator of NCSCS (Nova & Caine's Saber Combat System)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 07:33:32 PM »

@Nova. Nice. Can you give us a spoiler on some sound fonts? xp

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Novastar
Disgraced
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »

@Nova. Nice. Can you give us a spoiler on some sound fonts? xp
Arg, for GAWD'S SAKE MAAAHNN... heheheh  Smiley  Well... I've been TRYING to tell everyone...

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1609.0

Vote, please!  Smiley

And besides what you see in the vote... most any of the fonts I've ever made (with maybe only a FEW rare exceptions) will be able to be put onto Obsidian.

Creator of the "BALANCE OF POWER" live staged-combat shows
Licensed & experienced sabre fencing instructor
Sound font engineer for "Crystal Focus" & Obsidian
Creator of the NSCFCDs (CF Sound CDs)
Co-Founder of Golden Gate Knights (SF)
Co-Creator of NCSCS (Nova & Caine's Saber Combat System)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: