Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: attention Crimson Menace owners  (Read 3125 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« on: April 09, 2015, 05:44:18 PM »

Hi.  Am wanting to hear from those that have a CRIMSON Menace.  Have specific queries regarding this color and not the saber in general.  There are plenty of those general posts.  Here are my questions and thanks for any replies from owners and photos greatly appreciated:

1)  How true red is the anodizing.  Is it a flatter/duller sheen.  Some of the US photos appear to have an orange undertone. 

2)  Does this color scratch fairly easily to show the aluminum underneath.

3)  Silver or black underlay looking more distinctive.  Anyone remove the underlay for more windows.

4)  If have a red blade, is this too much red on red.  What FoC with red blade.  Other purchased main color choice.  What blade and length.

5)  Any changed out knurled screws and what color combo with av switch.  Can the black covertec wheel be changed to silver or is it a specific style to fit this saber.

I realize that there will be few replies and I may have to open this to other member's Menace opinions but please let actual owners reply first.  Smiley

allan1313
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 06:30:33 PM »

I have the black one....can't help with these questions. Just wanted to stop in and say that it is awesome and you will love it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

1st Saber- Dark Menace with Blazing Red

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 117

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 10:43:20 PM »

Hi.  Am wanting to hear from those that have a CRIMSON Menace.  Have specific queries regarding this color and not the saber in general.  There are plenty of those general posts.  Here are my questions and thanks for any replies from owners and photos greatly appreciated:

1)  How true red is the anodizing.  Is it a flatter/duller sheen.  Some of the US photos appear to have an orange undertone. 

2)  Does this color scratch fairly easily to show the aluminum underneath.

3)  Silver or black underlay looking more distinctive.  Anyone remove the underlay for more windows.

4)  If have a red blade, is this too much red on red.  What FoC with red blade.  Other purchased main color choice.  What blade and length.

5)  Any changed out knurled screws and what color combo with av switch.  Can the black covertec wheel be changed to silver or is it a specific style to fit this saber.

I realize that there will be few replies and I may have to open this to other member's Menace opinions but please let actual owners reply first.  Smiley

I have a Crimson Menace on order as one of my Spring Raffle entries.  Once I receive it, I'll take some photos including one side-by-side with my Crimson Reaper and try to answer some of your questions.  My order includes the Emerald driver so that I can also see how it looks with various colors.  So be patient.  It may be another week before I actually have it in my possession.

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Other Force FX lightsabers:
Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 10:46:59 PM »

My brother has an older red anodized Liberator and its lasted since day one back in 2012 I believe or 2011?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 12:21:18 AM »

Thanks for all of your replies.  Am waiting to see if the black Menace is in the next DotD and will see what Cdn. dollar is at.  Originally wanted an Azure with pink blade but the Crimson is an eye-catcher so may be a non-raffle purchase.  Look forward to the review to help me decide.  Here's points all round.  Smiley

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:01:04 AM »

I originally thought I would get only the Azure Menace, but after a while I realized I liked both the azure and crimson colors so much I decided to get one of each.  One of my plans is to combine the two into a staff with Adegan Silver blades to make a red, white, and blue staff.

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 02:49:23 AM »

Sounds very patriotic in a Captain America way.  Look forward to seeing the single and staff sabers in various blade colors.

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 04:23:26 AM »

Dauntless, here's my answers to your questions.

The color of the Crimson Menace is a little darker than the traditional red of this household fire extinguisher.

The fluorescent lighting and my camera make the fire extinguisher look a little more orange than it really is.  The color of the Crimson Menace and Crimson Reaper is trending a little toward a maroon color.  The finish is flat, not glossy.

Take a look at this picture of the emitter threads. 

Some of the silver aluminum is visible on the edge of some of the threads.  The anodized color can't be scratched with my finger, but might possibly be scratched by metal-to-metal contact.  However, after screwing the emitter and pommel in and out several times, I do not see any additional aluminum showing on the threads.

I ordered my Crimson Menace with the silver underlay because I wanted a light side appearance. 

In this picture, you can see by the presence of the set screw in the underlay that the underlay is also the blade holder.  If you remove the underlay you will have to replace it with another emitter / blade holder.  I am thinking about replacing it with either the Scorpion or Overlord emitter, but I haven't yet determined how to remove the underlay.

Either the black or the silver covertec wheel will work on the Crimson Menace.  Here it is with the black covertec wheel.

Here it is with the silver covertec wheel.

I ordered my Crimson Reaper with the crimson, silver, and azure buttons because I wanted a red, white, and blue motif.

I ordered my Crimson Reaper with a standard 36" UltraEdge Midgrade blade with FOC off.

Finally with respect to colors.  I ordered a factory setting of Bane's Heart.

Here it is with Blazing Red.

Here it is with Guardian Blue.

Here it is with Consular Green.

Finally here it is with Sentinel Yellow.

I want to show you one more thing about the anodized colors.  Take a look at these pictures.

The pommels and window sleeves appear to be a slightly different color than the rest of the saber.  I think this color difference may be the result of the parts being anodized in different anodizing baths.  If you do buy an Azure or Crimson Menace, the one you receive may also appear to have these differences in color.

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 05:23:15 AM »

Oh my this is one fantastic Menace review.  Thanks so much.  I think that all my questions were answered.  I am guessing that you have a 4 - channel Emerald in the Crimson.  Will be getting a future one with a two channel and when ready, if you don't mind, I will PM to get the correct ordering details.  Want the pink and red blades but have never used the Emerald driver.  That's interesting regarding the two different anodized colors and especially on the Azure version.  Looks fine.  The silver underlay looks good on it's own with all those emitter holes.  Like the silver covertec and will swap the black one out.  Looking forward to seeing the two together as a staff.

Extremely well deserved point for you cstoehr.  Just incase no one has said... you totally rock !   Wink  Cool  Grin

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 06:28:13 AM »

Now that D7 has sounded the all clear I will chime in.  Tongue

WOWZERS!  Those are dynamite pics!  And the detail in it all is just awesome!  I am nearly darn sold on the Crimson Menace!  That red looks fantastic, and in these pics appears to look great in any blade color.  What a showcase, all the points cstoehr! Grin
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 06:31:58 AM by hazard502 » Logged

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

cstoehr
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 03:45:31 PM »

Now that D7 has sounded the all clear I will chime in.  Tongue

WOWZERS!  Those are dynamite pics!  And the detail in it all is just awesome!  I am nearly darn sold on the Crimson Menace!  That red looks fantastic, and in these pics appears to look great in any blade color.  What a showcase, all the points cstoehr! Grin
Oh my this is one fantastic Menace review.  Thanks so much.  I think that all my questions were answered.  I am guessing that you have a 4 - channel Emerald in the Crimson.  Will be getting a future one with a two channel and when ready, if you don't mind, I will PM to get the correct ordering details.  Want the pink and red blades but have never used the Emerald driver.  That's interesting regarding the two different anodized colors and especially on the Azure version.  Looks fine.  The silver underlay looks good on it's own with all those emitter holes.  Like the silver covertec and will swap the black one out.  Looking forward to seeing the two together as a staff.

Extremely well deserved point for you cstoehr.  Just incase no one has said... you totally rock !   Wink  Cool  Grin

Thanks D7 and Hazard.  Yes, both of my Menace sabers are 4 channel Emerald, RGBW (Red, Green, Blue, White).

My Ultra Sabers:
Scorpion (VA)
Crimson Reaper (SY)
Overlord (FO)
Dark Prophecy (SRD)
Prophecy (VA)
Chosen One (BR)
Archon (CG)
Malice (BR)
Graflex CE (GB)
Dark Standard (CG)

Darth Vader (red)
Anakin Skywalker (blue)
Luke Skywalker (green)

JDScholler
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

"Pretty. What do we blow up first?"

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 03:29:37 AM »

Those are some great pictures! The fire extinguisher comparison is particularly brilliant!

Just to let you know - I have a Scorpion, and the ring I wear on my right hand has scratched off a little of the black anodized surface from the raised ridges aft of the activation switch. The ring I wear has some coarse edges though so it might just be an anomaly in my case. And the marks are very small - you have to look closely to see them. So you can certainly scrape it off, but it takes some doing! My point of view is that it just adds character anyway - and helps to "make it your saber."

Light Points please

Scorpion w Emerald                  Initiate LEv2 GB
RGB Bellicose                           MR FX Obi-wan (E3)
Liberator v3 CG                        FX Luke (E4)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 SrD        FX Vader
Dark Initiate v2 BR                   FX Luke (E6)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 04:03:47 AM »

JD.  Thanks for your reply.  I agree that scratches and distress adds to a saber's character.  +1 point for you and another to cstoehr for superb photos and review.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: