Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald settings for all blade colors  (Read 39769 times)
tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 47

Play that same song!

« on: April 17, 2015, 06:52:55 PM »

Hi everyone!

There are a few threads around discussing what Emerald settings to use to create various blade colors. This one from Sciggs is particularly good:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17602.0

However, most of these are based on personal opinions and guess work, so I thought it might be useful to have a list of the actual settings that are set by the UltraSabers technicians when they send out an Emerald saber with a particular color preset. In other words, if you order an Emerald saber in Bane's Heart then you can load up the Obsidian Launcher and look at what numbers it's initially set to. That's what this list is about. Hopefully this will be useful to people who own an Emerald saber and want to get a preview of what a particular color would look like in a single color saber. The list was compiled from various posts where people have shared the presets that their saber had for a particular color. Thanks to everyone who posted this information to make this possible Smiley

Guardian Blue ----------> R000 G000 B255
Dark Violet Amethyst --> R047 G000 B255
Violet Amethyst --------> R122 G000 B255
Hot Pink ----------------> R255 G000 B190
Bane's Heart -----------> R255 G000 B030
Blazing Red -------------> R255 G000 B000
Pyrestone Orange ------> R255 G044 B000
Fire Orange -------------> R255 G119 B000
Sentinel Yellow ---------> R218 G255 B000
Consular Green --------> R000 G255 B000
Emerald Green ---------> R000 G255 B020
Sunriders Destiny ------> R??? G??? B???
Arctic Blue --------------> R??? G??? B???
Adegan Silver ----------> R153 G255 B177

IMPORTANT quote from Emory: "The fabricating technician just eyeballs it for any mixed colors. No values have ever been set internally and never will be."

This means that even the UltraSabers technicians are just guessing when they set the colors, so it will never be possible to come up with a perfectly accurate list of values, and I saw evidence of this where different people had slightly different values preset for the same color. In these cases I have listed the average of all the values for the color, and the differences were always quite small, so I think this is probably a pretty good representation of the colors. As you can see, I'm missing Sunriders Destiny and Arctic Blue, so if anyone orders an Emerald saber with these colors then please let me know what the presets are when you get it, or indeed for any color so I can factor them into the averages and increase the accuracy more!

Thanks,
Tom

BladeCrossEXE
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -76

Shape the Future! Give Dark Points!

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:29:40 PM »

Thanks for the list! This is going to help a lot!

For Arctic Blue, after messing with it, I got R:000, G: 255, B: 255. I'm trying to make Sunrider's Destiny now.

Also, it may just be my saber, but the Adegan Silver settings has a bit of a very mild pink glow to it. But like you said, there is no exact known setting. Easy way to get a white blade: Press the "pick color" button, and click on white. BAM there it is! This is an awesome driver!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:19:56 AM by BladeCrossEXE » Logged

Subscribe to me on Youtube! youtube.com/FlashingBladesProductions
Current Sabers:                                             
Dark Catalyst                                                 
Dark Prophecy                                               
Dark Initiate V2 LE x2
Dominix V2 RGB
Flamberge LE Emerald

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 03:40:06 AM »

Also, it may just be my saber, but the Adegan Silver settings has a bit of a very mild pink glow to it. But like you said, there is no exact known setting.

Hi Blade - regarding the White setting - I don't have an Emerald w/ R-G-B (yet!), just a 2-chan -BUT - I do have some RGB ambient lighting installed on the mantle of my fireplace with a programmable remote.

I found the same thing with the Default White - it was a little pinkish.

So I tuned it a bit & saved the setting and it looks great now - simply dial down the Red just a little bit at a time until you get it where you want it. 

Worked great on my LED strip - hopefully the same principle applies to Emerald. (In theory - it should!)

Hope that helps!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 08:37:59 PM »

I just ordered a saber with Arctic Blue and Sunrider's Destiny.

Arctic Blue=G255, B255
Sunrider's Destiny=G255, B122

And with factory settings, it must be true that the technicians just eyeball it. I got some different values for the purples than you did with my ordered saber in DVA and VA.

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 02:58:03 AM »

RGB Adegan silver tends to run a little pink-ish, therefre I dial the red back slightly, and dial the blue up just a tas to giv the resulting white just a bit of blue-ish tint making it look brighter/hotter.

(this trick has been used in the automotive industry for years on the HID look-alike bulbs, as a higher color temperature tends to run towards the blue/purple/ultraviolet spectrum, and lower color temperatures tend to run yellowish to redish (down to Infra-red)

Still the beauty of an RGB emerald is the ability to fine tune any color to your personal prefference.

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Play that same song!

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 10:13:15 AM »

I don't seem to be able to modify the original post so here's the list again complete with percentage values for use in the new launcher software. Thanks guys for providing the missing colours Smiley

Blade Colour|Red -Green - Blue|Red -Green -Blue (%)
Guardian Blue|255|100
Dark Violet Amethyst|47255|18100
Violet Amethyst|122255|48100
Hot Pink|255190|10075
Bane's Heart|25530|10012
Blazing Red|255|100
Pyrestone Orange|25544|10017
Fire Orange|255119|10047
Sentinel Yellow|218255|85100
Consular Green|255|100
Emerald Green|25516|1006
Sunriders Destiny|255122|10048
Arctic Blue|255255|100100
Adegan Silver|153255177|6010069
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 10:42:05 AM by tomfoyle » Logged

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 01:47:49 AM »

I noticed differences in your list and Sciggs list, do you know whose is more accurate for the actual colours?

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 03:06:39 PM »

I noticed differences in your list and Sciggs list, do you know whose is more accurate for the actual colours?

I don't think there is such a thing as an exactly "accurate" setting for the colors.

My understanding is when the US techs set your blade when you order, they just "eyeball" the color.  There is no official US setting list.

Not to mention - not that they vary massively - but the exact hue of an LED will vary from bin to bin from the manufacturer.

Which means, for example, a Blue LED from any given manufacturer will fall within an acceptable range for that color's wavelength, meaning one Blue might be slightly lighter or darker than another.

If you look up a manufacturer like Luxeon, you'll see those wavelengths depicted for each product with the range.

It's not a massive difference, but it could come into play on the settings from saber to saber.

Basically - I always suggest just playing with it until you are happy with the hue rather than worrying about "official" settings.  Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 04:02:57 PM »

I don't think there is such a thing as an exactly "accurate" setting for the colors.

My understanding is when the US techs set your blade when you order, they just "eyeball" the color.  There is no official US setting list.

Not to mention - not that they vary massively - but the exact hue of an LED will vary from bin to bin from the manufacturer.

Which means, for example, a Blue LED from any given manufacturer will fall within an acceptable range for that color's wavelength, meaning one Blue might be slightly lighter or darker than another.

If you look up a manufacturer like Luxeon, you'll see those wavelengths depicted for each product with the range.

It's not a massive difference, but it could come into play on the settings from saber to saber.

Basically - I always suggest just playing with it until you are happy with the hue rather than worrying about "official" settings.  Smiley

Okay thank you. I will play with it until I am happy. That sounds like part of the fun of Emerald.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 04:26:19 PM »

Okay thank you. I will play with it until I am happy. That sounds like part of the fun of Emerald.

Definitely!  Pretty much all the colors I use on my Emerald saber - a RGBA Dark War Glaive - never match the settings on threads like this.

Which is NOT to say this thread doesn't provide tremendous value, just that my eyes have different preferences for the shades suggested here.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 09:13:42 PM »

Definitely!  Pretty much all the colors I use on my Emerald saber - a RGBA Dark War Glaive - never match the settings on threads like this.

Which is NOT to say this thread doesn't provide tremendous value, just that my eyes have different preferences for the shades suggested here.

That's the great thing of Emerald, everyone is different and everyone can get the exact colour they want!

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Play that same song!

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 02:05:04 PM »

I always suggest just playing with it until you are happy with the hue rather than worrying about "official" settings.  Smiley

I absolutely agree with this. If your goal is simply to find a good color for your Emerald saber then I would also advise that you ignore all of these lists and just play around until you find a color that looks good to you, which is the only thing that really matters Smiley

In my opinion, the real value of knowing these "official" settings (and the reason I compiled the list in the first place) is for people who already own an Emerald saber, and are now planning to buy a single color saber, and want to use their Emerald saber to get a feel for what each of the standard colors looks like in real life, which might help them to choose between them.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:08:27 PM by tomfoyle » Logged

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 09:00:20 PM »

I absolutely agree with this. If your goal is simply to find a good color for your Emerald saber then I would also advise that you ignore all of these lists and just play around until you find a color that looks good to you, which is the only thing that really matters Smiley

In my opinion, the real value of knowing these "official" settings (and the reason I compiled the list in the first place) is for people who already own an Emerald saber, and are now planning to buy a single color saber, and want to use their Emerald saber to get a feel for what each of the standard colors looks like in real life, which might help them to choose between them.

I see. That is a very good idea that I'm sure will be appreciated. Thanks and have a point Smiley.

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 05:55:06 PM »

TY for this post. I've played a lot with LEDs and I's like to be a productive member so I's like to add that you really do have to kind of eyeball things out. I'm willing to bet what ever differences the techs get are minor at best. I also don't know if they tune the colors with a blade on either and all of that factors in to what you are going to see. If you have any color combo set in the driver, the end result will vary depending on the filter you view it through or surface you project on. Our surface and filter is the blade. So if the techs are setting the color per customer, per selected color, per selected blade, then that easily explains the differences in the values we are seeing. Also everyone perceives light a little differently. For example when a color is mixed with blue and green I tend to see the blue more while others see the green more. That's why colors like aqua are so hard to pin down. (It's also why most companies stick to primary colors for branding and logos.)

I just received my 1st saber today and went all in with emerald and obsidian V4. I went with the UEH and went PYO for factory preset. It looks good to me but I can tell that thick white blade is absorbing a good amount of light. Especially compared to the plug.  My batteries are charging now and I plan on playing with it a lot and I want to make a set of the "Default" colors mixed for each blade I own. And while I only own the one blade now, I plan on getting a regular HG within the next few months. So thanks again for this post. This info will be a great starting point. +1 to you for starting this post. (I'm not sure if my points count yet but, I at least wanted to make the gesture.)

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 06:20:25 PM »

My DVA for Emerald as shipped by US was set to B: 100%, R: 13.7%

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: