Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need help wiring  (Read 2097 times)
Minamus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 18, 2015, 07:31:19 PM »

This is my wiring diagram that i pulled from the forum and modified for a single led no FoC. I wired it this way and it boots up and the switch led comes on then i press it but the blade led will not come one. board is running and everything but no blade led. I'm thinking it could be 1 of 2 things.

1. my resistor math was off and i shouldn't be using 2 1ohm 1/4watt resistors to make a 1/2ohm 1/2watt resistor for the blade led.
2. the regular AA batteries i'm using cant get enough power pass the resistor to power the led.

Anyone have an opinion? please i spent a long time on this and it's making me angry now lol.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:56:55 PM »

I think you need to get those AA's outta there.  You need to use two 3.7 V Li-Ions with the Obsidian board.  You are only getting 3V out of the AA's so you probably don't have enough power going to the LED.  Without knowing the voltage of your LED I would assume it is more than 3V.

You would need to replace the resistor taking into account the 7.4V from the Li-Ions as well.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 07:07:30 PM »

^ This. Always use Li-Ion batteries with an Obsidian sound board and/or the Emerald Driver. Otherwise you don't provide enough power for the LED and the board to work properly.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: