Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED module wiring  (Read 10691 times)
cabo5150
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Chaga Warea

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 10:49:47 PM »

I don't have the buck puck.
Obsidian card
Led module blue with FOC
2 li battery setup so voltage would be 7.4.
I checked my Arbiter (green and sound but no FOC) and I can't find a resistor anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Arbiter
Initiate
Spring 2015 4th place winner saber

SAWeston
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

Re:
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 10:56:53 PM »

With the Obsidian soundboard, I would definitely use the BuckPuck if possible. I believe US installs BuckPucks in all sabers with sound and, therefore, does not need to put a resistor in them as well.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 06:36:07 PM »

US also offers the resistor setup for sabers with sound, but I agree. The best solution is the BuckPuck, no matter if you go with sound or without.

@cabo: The resistors (if you have any) are always covered in heatshrink at solder joints. The BuckPuck sits somewhere inside the saber, probably not visible for us. I think it's at the end of the battery pack, wrapped with that black adhesive tape which also holds the sound board in place...but I'm not sure.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 07:58:46 PM »

Do resistors always go under heat shrink this is the first time I have heard this? Every video I have  watched they left the middle resistor piece exposed an the heat shrink is only covering the exterior metal where it was soldered but the module is out.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 08:03:29 PM by MYSTICJLN » Logged

Currently own force fx:  Hasbro SS Yoda, black YODA, HSS ROTJ Luke, HSS Anakin, MR Anakin, HSS Vader.
Had sold: MR maul(it broke and back when it happened their was no way  to fix it without spending the price of a new one) MR Vader(broke led) I cut both in half an made them into hilts only then sold them.

Waiting on: consular with green ultra edge heavy grade blade, poinedt tip, obsidian v4, with orange FoC, blade plug circular, and cover tech clip, free Initiate ? excited, my own custom hilt named???The Answer???

Dreaming of Anything full emerald/obsidian v4 or crystal F 8.0 expensive

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 08:25:57 PM »

My DVA module definitely has no visible resistor (and it's needed to mix that colour). Maybe they changed the assembly technique, but the module I have has no exposed resistor. So I think that they're always covered, also because it offers some protection to the resistor body.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 08:37:44 PM »

No arguments from me, I'm a new guy I've only been learning since January. That being said I have no clue how its wired but I just read that because resistors are used to dissipate heat you never want them covered. I looked into it after post. The video I watched was from may last year. This doesn't mean it is correct either. Just for the record I am definitely not arguing with you and I am a very open minded individual so I'm sure their are rules an exceptions that I am unfamiliar with.

Off topic but would you have any input on my wiring diagram post I sure could use it.

Currently own force fx:  Hasbro SS Yoda, black YODA, HSS ROTJ Luke, HSS Anakin, MR Anakin, HSS Vader.
Had sold: MR maul(it broke and back when it happened their was no way  to fix it without spending the price of a new one) MR Vader(broke led) I cut both in half an made them into hilts only then sold them.

Waiting on: consular with green ultra edge heavy grade blade, poinedt tip, obsidian v4, with orange FoC, blade plug circular, and cover tech clip, free Initiate ? excited, my own custom hilt named???The Answer???

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016, 05:18:03 PM »

Never saw that as an argument, everything's fine Cheesy I'm not an expert either, never built a saber from scratch up to now Wink So I'm not familiar with the exact procedures and rules, just like you!

I could try to help you with your diagram, but no guarantee that it's useful or correct Wink I'll have a look, though!

Edit: Woah, that's quite complicated how you set that up...here you find some simpler and fully functional diagrams: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22628.msg342042#msg342042 Cheesy They should help you with the correct wiring of the Converter. It's only for a resistor or Emerald stunt setup, but I don't think it's too difficult to figure out where the BuckPuck has to be installed...otherwise you can always ask us, maybe a DIY and electronics expert will also chime in Wink
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:58:07 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2016, 12:58:16 AM »

Thanks a billion Sir I appreciate it a lot. I just seen the links now. I had seen some of these before but didn't save pictures or the page to favorites, I started doing that after I lost them lol. That's where I got the idea to make one and post for confirmation, I wanted too much before as you could tell by the diagram lol so I couldn't find anything similar. It was the econo build emerald saber DIY lol. But yeah awesome.

I have been dying to turn all this stuff on. I just am the type of individual that things always go south an currently I am low on funds for hobbies an entertainment so if this went bad it would ruin my day. Thus I needed a confirmed working layout that's identical in items or my own layout confirmed. SAFTY FIRST lol.

I posted two more blueprints late last night an with that link my last question is solved. Hooray my saber will be built. can't wait now all my problems involve my hilt I made outta junk and fitting these things in it while still being able to fasten it together or enhancements like running two Leds at once.

1,000 personal and assisted confirmations, steps, pages, links, questions, Pieces, stores, and ideas later an I still barely have a clue but I am about to have my own Saber.

Thanks, Pete

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2016, 05:43:54 PM »

Yeah, it would be a pity if you spend hundreds of $$ for parts, wire all up and "BOOM" Grin So if you don't know how to do this or that, always ask before you try anything Cheesy I know what I'm talking about, I also have to look twice if I can currently afford what I want...

Sig by Master Nero

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2016, 06:22:03 AM »

got it all worked out

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 05:55:47 PM »

Nice Cheesy Have fun then!

Sig by Master Nero

MYSTICJLN
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 06:50:49 AM »

I did my original setup. I have manuel FoC an 6 color setups with 3 colors per set up with three varations all changed by switching one quick connect. Here are some pics. video of FoC coming soon.

I still haven't solder my connection for blue/green and I'm working on orange.

Now I'm gonna add a ghetto sound card that I got out of a luke generic blade bulders back in febuary when I thought this would only take a week lol.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: