Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pike Spear Type Saber?  (Read 1033 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: April 21, 2015, 05:51:25 PM »

How's the handling of these things if you have say 2 pikes on? How long would the main hilt be depending on main main hilt? I was thinking Apprentice V4 and 2 pikes. What would be a good blade length for a spear type look? Thanks for any help =] I want one at least once and to be honest a pike alone would make a great saber single type staff. (Think Darth Maul's before his saber was double bladed).

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 06:00:24 PM »

As far as Maul's saber goes, just get two sabers and couple them together but only put one blade in.  That would be basically the same thing.  I have put saber pikes or spears together before.  They look cool but I personally don't know how to wield something like that.

The yari extensions are 15" long, the Apprentice is roughly 10", plus you would need two couplers which would add an extra 1.5"-2" each unless you could get the internal couplers which would add no length at all.  So for a spear with 2 extensions you are looking at a minimum 40" in hilt length. 

This is based on my height (6'1") but with two extensions I might go with an initiate blade and with 3 extensions I would go with a 16" blade.  Or just get a custom one depending on what length would work best for you. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: