Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Anyone Give Feedback on a Superhero Script?  (Read 1498 times)
Casper96
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 01, 2015, 06:38:03 PM »

Hey guys,

It's my lifelong dream to work as a screenwriter for Marvel, and as unrealitic as that sounds, a dream is a dream. I am about to start by Screenwriting degree in September where I will not only learn all about the art of screenwriting but also experience numerous work placements to get a feel for the industry.

The movies I love more than any other though are the superhero genre (I'm also a huge comic book geek etc). For the film I have to write while on the course I have decided to write a superhero-comedy (I do stand-up in my spare time and have a wealth of knowledge on the humour side of it). I think this is a good way to get into the genre as if I were to write a new superhero but serious who would take it seriously when we're in the middle of a Marvel and DC film fest?

I've also studied superhero stories religiously for years now and know all the cliches, so when to avoid them by putting new spins on storylines and when to point them out for comic effect.

I'm just wondering, if I try get the basic outline decided, the character profiles done and the first few scenes written over summer as a head start and also for my writing portfolio, would you guys be interested in reading if I were to post what I had on here? Just wondering as you guys give great feedback and who knows movies better than Star Wars fans?!

Can't say I've spent any real time on it yet, only spider diagrams in my sketchbook and a few notes saved on my phone, but I'd just like to know how many of you guys would be willing to have a read and give honest feedback?

Thank you so much, I will get working on it very soon and will post the notes/updates I have as and when I write them and believe they are good enough!

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 06:56:29 PM »

[...] Can't say I've spent any real time on it yet, only spider diagrams in my sketchbook and a few notes saved on my phone, but I'd just like to know how many of you guys would be willing to have a read and give honest feedback?

Thank you so much, I will get working on it very soon and will post the notes/updates I have as and when I write them and believe they are good enough!

Time permitting, I'd definitely be interested. I've done some screenwriting myself (albeit nothing longer than a 45-minute short).

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Casper96
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 08:05:21 PM »

That's something to be proud of! What was the piece about if you don't mind me asking? Smiley

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 02:53:26 PM »

That's something to be proud of! What was the piece about if you don't mind me asking? Smiley

One was a sci-fi comedy called "The Fresh Air Will Do You Good;" the other, which I'm prouder of, was a family-oriented Christmas short (about 25 minutes) called "Waffles for Virginia." You can definitely watch the latter on YouTube, or buy the DVD and support independent filmmaking!  Wink I'll provide the URL privately if you like - don't want to break forum rules!

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: