Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Font Request  (Read 5958 times)
Darth Eclipse
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

PLEASE DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY!

« on: May 03, 2015, 06:45:16 PM »

So I've been scrolling over the archives of the font area and have found some interesting things but still not what I'm searching for. I need a sound font made that strikes PURE FEAR into my foes when it is ignited. I need a Darker Sith like font. Something that would be used by the Sith of the Future. Something that embodies the very Will of the Darkside. Any help it is GREATLY appreciated.

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion, I gain Strength.
Through Strength, I gain Power.
Through Power, I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are broken.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 07:21:43 PM »

This needs to happen. Maybe Ninja-Jesus can chime in?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 08:26:30 PM »

I'll 2nd that (or 3rd that, whatever).  Smiley

I've been looking for something truly aggressive that embodies the Sith for my Crimson Scorpion and have yet to find anything that truly scratches that itch.

I plan to eventually start working with sound founts - but I'm kinda busy right now so it won't be anytime soon.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Eclipse
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 09:03:59 PM »

If I knew how to do Fonts this thread would not exist but sadly I have no idea how to do Fonts so I must work through others to make this a reality. ANY help is greatly appreciated. 

DarthMiku
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -14

Dark side points please

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 05:23:42 AM »

Hello i am new here but i am an audio engineer and i am going to do my best to make a new sound font every week i have access to sound banks and raw files in the studios i work in and they are available for my use for non profit so i will do what i can i will work on this "super sith" font this week and hopefully have it ready on sunday

sound font Sunday post requests and i will have it up when i can

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23915.0

Darth Eclipse
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 01:01:58 AM »

PLEASE! Post here once it's finished.

DarthMiku
Knight Apprentice

Dark side points please

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 07:05:12 AM »

ok so i was able to do a prototype for the idle (motion and impact all will resonate off this) i am having trouble with power on and off (ill keep looking for something)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrx3aax2jw0ea1i/idle.wav?dl=0

thoughts should i continue and make motion and impact (impact i am thinking something like lightning strike + thud motion standard blade swing sounds but more effects and "blur" and lower pitch)

not thinking of making a lockup (maybe the idle but more focus on the electrc arcs)

power on and off - kicking my butt

Darth Eclipse
Knight Ensign

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 04:45:44 PM »

The idle sounds like it's kinda unstable. It needs to sound like Pure Darkness. Like the Dark Side itself is flowing through the Lightsaber. Also the only Lockup I really need is a Lightsaber to Lightsaber sound since this font maybe used in videos.

DarthMiku
Knight Apprentice

Dark side points please

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 07:38:21 PM »

The idle sounds like it's kinda unstable. It needs to sound like Pure Darkness. Like the Dark Side itself is flowing through the Lightsaber. Also the only Lockup I really need is a Lightsaber to Lightsaber sound since this font maybe used in videos.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcymkcbp3k3nthr/idle%202.wav?dl=0

idle 2.0 no more electricity and a more of a flow type feel

darkness has no sound i am doing my best to make a more evil ver of Sith from scratch so what may sound good to me may not be what you want i will do my best i have to replicate the sound and make it fit into a seamless loop if you could describe what you want a little better (when i think darkside i think electricity your vision was different) anything helps

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 11:38:53 PM »

darkness has no sound . . .

Ha.  He got you there, Eclipse.  Wink

It's very generous that Miku is doing this on his time - we at least need to provide some better suggestions & examples for what is desirable rather than broad, subjective strokes to make his job a little easier.

My suggestion would be we reference other Fonts posted in this forum.

Example:  "An Idle Hum similar to the one in the Episode III font, except deeper & more guttural."

Miku - would that be helpful to you? Also - can you alter the font files already posted or are they not backwards compatible in terms of file type?

I'll try to find some examples before the end of the weekend.

Thanks for doing this!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Eclipse
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 01:28:03 AM »

I'm mainly looking for a darkened version of the Sith font and the Old Republic font fused together.

DarthMiku
Knight Apprentice

Dark side points please

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 05:20:12 AM »

Ha.  He got you there, Eclipse.  Wink

It's very generous that Miku is doing this on his time - we at least need to provide some better suggestions & examples for what is desirable rather than broad, subjective strokes to make his job a little easier.

My suggestion would be we reference other Fonts posted in this forum.

Example:  "An Idle Hum similar to the one in the Episode III font, except deeper & more guttural."

Miku - would that be helpful to you? Also - can you alter the font files already posted or are they not backwards compatible in terms of file type?

I'll try to find some examples before the end of the weekend.

Thanks for doing this!

yes i can modify the existing lsu files and yes that is a lot more helpful

I'm mainly looking for a darkened version of the Sith font and the Old Republic font fused together.

ok let me get a sample of the idle sounds and play around a little see what i can do then ill just copy paste to the other files and post it (once i get a ok go for the idle)

this sunday i am almost done with the thundarr request but i have more free time next week (pending) so i may have it before sunday (i will get it to you as soon as i can) Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: