Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Potential Villains in Spider-Man: The New Avenger  (Read 2652 times)
Casper96
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 05, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »

Just wondering, what with all the hype about the 2017 Spider-Man movie surrounding the media recently, if you guys were to direct a Spidey trilogy, who would your bad guys be and why?

Mine would go:

First Movie (Spider-Man: The New Avenger) Shocker - a good entry level villain who will no doubt cause Spider-Man problems but who doesn't technically have powers, so would be good to get it kick-started with that "down to Earth", "realistic" approach that people like to see nowadays. Not only that but also bringing a new Spidey villain to the screen rather than reviving an old one (as proven with Green Goblin in The Amazing Spider-Man 2) will surely be a breath of fresh air.

Second Movie (Spider-Man: Carnage in New York/A Masked Vigilante/A Masked Hero) Venom - I think it's safe to say that as a fan of the comics, Venom is ultimately the web-slinger's most worthy opponent, and where better than in the middle movie of the trilogy to place the heart of the action. Yes it's technically reviving a character as Venom was in Spider-Man 3 but I believe if this character were written properly the fight scenes could be amazing and could potentially push Spidey to his very limits, not to mention the possible inclusion of Carnage.

Third Movie (Spider-Man: Reign of Kingpin) Kingpin - I feel like a 'crime lord'/'handy fighter' would be a good balance for Spidey to fight, as he has more of a strategic edge on Spidey than the more "physical" villains. I also think that if Spidey could defeat this crime lord he could essentially stop crime for good, thus ending his series of crime-fighting events in New York city. Plus then Daredevil could team up with the wall-crawler in an awesome MCU movie!

I know there's talk of Mysterio being the potential bad guy and that Spider-Man will have to battle Iron Man to secure his place in The Avengers, but for a bit of fun let me know what you guys think about my choices and how and why yours would differ! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:04:21 PM by Casper96 » Logged

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 09:43:31 PM »

At least for the first MCU stand-alone Spider-Man movie- I strongly suspect that the Villain will absolutely NOT come from the traditional Spidey Rogues Gallery for the following reasons:

- Marvel wants to distance this version of Spider-Man as much as they possibly can from any of the previous movies; they won't re-use any villains that have previously appeared in a non-MCU film or are similar to one that did.

- We know Spidey will have a significant role in the Avengers Infinity War movies, so they will be looking to establish him in the broader MCU with that first movie and somehow set him up with knowledge & stakes in the Infinity Gems.

I strongly agree with both those things and if I was in charge - that's what I would do too.

After that?

I would somehow use the fallout from the Infinity War & the Gems to create the Sinister Six - make that the Sequel.

Last movie would be Peter getting married to MJ amid the chaos of the Venom & Carnage story.

Marvel & Sony definitely want to go BIG on these to re-establish Spidey as THE comic book hero.  That's why Iron Man will reportedly play a big role in the first standalone movie - they want to ensure the box office is MASSIVE.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 09:50:37 PM »

- Marvel wants to distance this version of Spider-Man as much as they possibly can from any of the previous movies; they won't re-use any villains that have previously appeared in a non-MCU film or are similar to one that did.

No Doc Ock? Aw.

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 10:42:33 PM »

No Doc Ock? Aw.

I said Sinister Six for a sequel!  Wink

I just think for the first movie it won't be a traditional Spidey bad-guy, and I don't blame them.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 10:50:33 PM »

Didn't know DO was in the sinister six. Not familiar with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Casper96
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 06:40:35 AM »

At least for the first MCU stand-alone Spider-Man movie- I strongly suspect that the Villain will absolutely NOT come from the traditional Spidey Rogues Gallery for the following reasons:

- We know Spidey will have a significant role in the Avengers Infinity War movies, so they will be looking to establish him in the broader MCU with that first movie and somehow set him up with knowledge & stakes in the Infinity Gems.

I strongly agree with both those things and if I was in charge - that's what I would do too.

After that?

I would somehow use the fallout from the Infinity War & the Gems to create the Sinister Six - make that the Sequel.

Last movie would be Peter getting married to MJ amid the chaos of the Venom & Carnage story.

Marvel & Sony definitely want to go BIG on these to re-establish Spidey as THE comic book hero.  That's why Iron Man will reportedly play a big role in the first standalone movie - they want to ensure the box office is MASSIVE.

Ah you're probably right. I would love to see a well portrayed Venom vs Spidey on the big screen though! Plus Spidey is set to to appear in Netflix Daredevil Series 2 so the spidey-daredevil-kingpin plot will get its justice in this amazing series!

SaberFan22
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 05:31:24 PM »

I think my favourite spiderman villain is Kraven the Hunter but I don't imagine they'll use him in movies Sad

Shock LE in Violet Amethyst
Dark War Glaive in Pyrestone Orange

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: