Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Initiate LE V4 with Emerald  (Read 5453 times)
TEEDA
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 7

« on: May 06, 2015, 07:27:50 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am glad to join the forum and participate, share my thoughts on Ultrasabers produtcs.  This is my first lightsaber from them.   My first FX saber was a MR  Darth Vader ROTJ  , my second one was an ANakin ROTS in 2006 that I felt in love with and played a lot with for a time.

And now in 2015 I am getting a new one. I was following the website for a long time. but at first I did not really liked the hilts. I wanted something simple, sobre but sophisticated like the mace WIndu hilt. And I came upon the videos of the new hilts on youtube. The V4.
My first purachase was mixed between An apprentice, an Aeon or a sentinel first.  But as I look more on some videos and reviews I find that the one that was more appealing to me was the Initiate V4 LE.  The last thing that made me finalize my purchase and choice was the vertical windows. I liked the horizontal windows on the other ones but the vertical windows look a lil more agressive and classy to me.
The handling is really good. The hilt itself is not heavy  and there is a good shock point on it. Maybe i ll get a Shock LE pommel to test how it would look.
 I opted for a  dark amethyst colour which is my favorite and it shines really well. I am loving that saber really much? And I am really satisfied with my new and first purchase from Ultrasabers.
Oh yeah one surprise was I thought the V4 standed for " with V4 soundboards lol "  so I was expecting the V4 soundboard on it but I emailed mory and he clarified to me that it was not yet avalaible. But I can't wait to see more of the V4 Obsidian soundboard.

Here's a little video I made of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR_u_dTgRJA

My upcoming purchase may be an Apprentice LE or a sentinel or maybe a menace.

Grin

Here are some pics :

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:31:08 AM by TEEDA » Logged

Am A gray jedi.....Well a light gray....Kyle Katarn is my mentor lol.

Darth Nayr
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 04:02:53 PM »

WOW that is gorgeous! Love the V4 hilts! Shocked

--<=/Darth Nayr\=>--

Overlord W/Obsidian V3 Blazing Red
Initiate V3 Stunt Sunrider's Destiny

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 11:55:05 PM »

Way nice saber. I'm also a fan of the new V4 sabers =] I like how all the colors goes well on the V4

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 04:46:27 AM »

I love my Initiate v4..... points for a great review TEEDA, looks sensational in DVA with the blue av...... Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

TEEDA
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 08:47:36 PM »

Yes, the hilt is really nice looking. I think the length really suits people who don't have big hands.  I find it kinda little bit hard to spin though when you hold it on the emitter the shape of it doesn't help a lot.  I ll try with gloves  but for spinning I would' ve preffered an emitter like the one featured on the menace for exemple or on the guardian. I may be planning to get a Shock LE pummel but I do not know about the sound if it is ventilated or not.
from my own point of view it looks more of a jedi saber than a sith saber. But it looks kinda reminescent of Mace Windu's hilt to me for some reasons.
Thank you JediXIX !

Also I switched the font with the Blackstar font ! looks really nice !  I recharged the batteries, it took something like three hours with the VP1 charger.  I also kind of encounter a little issue : i was using the flash on clash pressing the button and tried to hit something then the blade and the sound turned off. i was afraid something was broken. So i checked the batteries and had to remove and reput the batteries and it turned on. Also sometimes the plastic thing inside the hilt smells like it burnt.

Overall i' m pretty satisfied with my first purchase.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 09:34:54 AM »

Hi.  Nice review. DVA with the blue av switch looks good.  You will really like the look and feel of adding a Shock LE pommel to this saber.  The combo is a perfect match.  Just note that the gold colored rings of the Shock are not as intensely colored.  Appear more faded or softer but not really noticeable with the silver hilt body space in between.  You could also try a Raven pommel if you want to keep the saber shorter.  Shock pommel adds approx. 1.75" while the Raven pommel will add approx. 1.25".

Have to ask why your spinning grip is on the top of the windowed emitter instead of over the av switch where the choke points are or just below switch where hand grips are.  Since this is such a short saber, you could try this for more ease and comfort without glove.  A heavier pommel should help.  I agree that the choke points on the v4's are not as pronounced or effective as the v3's but the saber makes up for it in less weight/bulk and more aesthetic appeal.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:31:36 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

TEEDA
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 09:43:29 PM »

Thanks to your reply and advice  Dauntless Seven. yes I ll order the Shock LE pummet next month !  And maybe an ultra edge heavy blade. I wanted a custom size but don't know the best lenght. I think I ordered the 32" Ultraedge blade.
Just changed the colour from Dark Amethyst to Consular green and just wow....I ll try Arctic blue and Yellow next time.
the length of the hilt fits me really well. i hope Ultrasabers will keep the same length configuration for short hands.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 09:55:17 PM by TEEDA » Logged

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 12:41:34 AM »

Oh yeah one surprise was I thought the V4 standed for " with V4 soundboards lol "  so I was expecting the V4 soundboard on it but I emailed mory and he clarified to me that it was not yet avalaible. But I can't wait to see more of the V4 Obsidian soundboard.

Teeda, BEAUTIFUL SABER!  I really like the color you chose!  You know, I just got my first saber last weekend and by accident discovered I have an OBS v4.  Have you experimented to see if you actually have the v4? If not, you should!

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

TEEDA
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 04:06:54 PM »

Teeda, BEAUTIFUL SABER!  I really like the color you chose!  You know, I just got my first saber last weekend and by accident discovered I have an OBS v4.  Have you experimented to see if you actually have the v4? If not, you should!

Thankyou Groovidad,

yes, it's a V3. I messaged Emory from Ultrasabers, and he told me that the time my saber shipped they already were out of stock of V4 sondboards and the few who got them probably got them because they were part of the beta phase of the final board.

So I ll probably buy another one, an Apprentice LE V4  this time around with the V4 soundboard.  I wanted to get a Menace SE, but I ll wait for later as I prefer the Apprentice/ sentinel/ Initiate Hilts and lines, I found them really distinguishable from the other hilts. Sentinel being too long for me. So i ll stick with shorter hilts.

Lucky you for your saber !

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 04:26:20 PM »

Wow that saber looks amazing.

I'm looking at the initiate v4 and apprentice v4 as a possible future purchase as I'm thinking a shorter hilt might suit me better (9.5" vs my Aeon v3's 12").  It sure looks like a tough decision between them.

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: