Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: All 3 cinematic trailers in chronological order  (Read 6624 times)
Danakar Endeel
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 23

It's all fun and games until someone loses an arm

« on: August 17, 2011, 02:44:32 PM »

I posted this in the 'Videos' subsection initially, but I'm guessing it would be better served here...

Here's a video that places all 3 official cinematic trailers in chronological order; giving you 14 minutes of uninterrupted awesomeness!  Grin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSiZkwmj-Ts" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSiZkwmj-Ts</a>

█||||||||(•)█╣█████████████████████████████████)
Don't have an Ultra Saber to list yet Sad

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 02:53:52 PM »

Stop it.  These trailers are torture, they're so damn awesome and they make me want to PLAY THE GAME RIGHT NOW!!!

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 02:55:30 PM »

Seriously, Nero and I have been going crazy waiting for this game.  We talk about it every day and what sorts of things we want to accomplish in the game.  We have developed strategic character pairs AND THE GAME ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO BEING RELEASED...

So frusterating.

Danakar Endeel
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 03:11:46 PM »

Heh heh, I understand your pain and frustration. I was also very excited back when they kept preaching their 'Spring 2011' release. But now we can only hope that it will release sometime in Oct-Dec  Tongue

Sub-Zero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

I am weilder of the Wan.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 05:34:39 PM »

I know you all might hate me for saying this, but I must.

I have no interest in playing this game. There. I said it. Now let me tell you why.

I absolutely love these cinematic trailers and I was more than happy to sit for the 15 minutes the video took. Great post infact. But the game won't look a thing like that. Everyone has seen what the in-game stuff looks like, and those types of games aren't my bag. I suppose I'm getting old, but I care less and less about video games these days.

I wouldn't ever have the time to play this game either. I work to live, therefore I must live to work. It's not easy to be out on your own, but I'm doing it and that is my struggle. I'm happy to go through it as we all have ours to deal with, and at least I have the love of a fantastic woman to keep me going. I digress.

I think, instead of this game, Bioware and Lucasfilm should have gotten together to make a TV series. It would far surpass the Clone Wars and possibly re-kindle ideas of another trilogy.

Just my opinion, but to me it's the most important one. Here come the dark side points!

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 05:51:40 PM »

Very Nice Having Them All Put Into One Concentrated Episodic Video Wink

Well Done Indeed  Cool

Though I Do Echo My Brother From The Light's Words (Master Nero Attoru), This Is Frickin Torture  Undecided...

I Shall Use The Pain and Suffering To Grow Stronger  Cool

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Danakar Endeel
Knight Officer

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 01:50:12 AM »

I know you all might hate me for saying this, but I must.

I have no interest in playing this game. There. I said it. Now let me tell you why.

I absolutely love these cinematic trailers and I was more than happy to sit for the 15 minutes the video took. Great post infact. But the game won't look a thing like that. Everyone has seen what the in-game stuff looks like, and those types of games aren't my bag. I suppose I'm getting old, but I care less and less about video games these days.

I wouldn't ever have the time to play this game either. I work to live, therefore I must live to work. It's not easy to be out on your own, but I'm doing it and that is my struggle. I'm happy to go through it as we all have ours to deal with, and at least I have the love of a fantastic woman to keep me going. I digress.

I think, instead of this game, Bioware and Lucasfilm should have gotten together to make a TV series. It would far surpass the Clone Wars and possibly re-kindle ideas of another trilogy.

Just my opinion, but to me it's the most important one. Here come the dark side points!

Hey, don't worry. Not everyone can be expected to be into MMO's and I fully understand your reasoning. Just because it has the name 'Star Wars' attached to it should be no indication of everyone being required to like it. That would be like telling me that because I like Star Wars, I have to like the prequels (and I hated them, from whining emo-Anakin to Jar-Jar Stinks to taxation-route-storylines intended for children (??!) to ridiculous choreographed saber-duels that showed how combatants should *not* fight if they wished to actually defeat their opponent. I'd take an emotional Luke bashing away at Vader anyday) Wink

I was introduced to the MMO scene through NeverWinter Nights. Back then it was just a collection of private servers, but it paved the way for me to much greater experiences (of which WoW and EvE Online were the most recent). My natural love for Star Wars and the little community of guildmates that shared my interests got us into anticipating SW:TOR. Tongue

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm not going to hand out DS points because someone does not like what I like; so instead I'll give you LS points for taking the time to write your personal opinion regarding the trailers and the game Smiley

EDIT: General sidenote, but I did not make the video. Just to be sure that people don't credit me for making it when I just found it on YouTube Tongue

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 02:43:38 AM »

Well , Sub-Zero, I really can't fault you. I've never been into MMO's myself, but I always said "If they ever make a Star Wars one, I'll have to at least try it." Then Galaxies came out and I never got around to it.(but it's closed now so I guess it wasn't all that great anyway.) Realistically, I know myself, and I'll probably be all "Gotta play TOR every day!" for about 3 or 4 months, then it'll suddenly drop down my list of things to do, to the point where I log in only every other day, twice a week, once a week, once or twice every couple weeks, once a month, then once in a great while. Then one day I'll be like, "Hey remember that Star Wars game you used to play all the time?  What the heck was that called? Ah whatever."

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Sub-Zero
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

I am weilder of the Wan.

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 06:00:53 AM »

I'd take an emotional Luke bashing away at Vader anyday) Wink

Me too!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm not going to hand out DS points because someone does not like what I like; so instead I'll give you LS points for taking the time to write your personal opinion regarding the trailers and the game Smiley

Thank you!

I always said "If they ever make a Star Wars one, I'll have to at least try it."

I said the same thing, and part of me does infact want to try it. If ever the opportunity to check it out presents itself, I will. I doubt, however, that it will be enough for me to want a copy of my own.

I am grateful to all of you for your understanding, and I wish you good gaming and bright sabers.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:06:24 AM by Sub-Zero » Logged

Elzanith
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -12

Sith Lord

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 08:16:40 AM »

Ah good times.....I love all the Revan wonna be masks..........Also is it me or do they have a theme of Malgus getting punched?

Artano
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 03:48:16 PM »

@Danakar: I too have fond memories of Neverwinter Nights (even with the suicidal henchmen). In particular I liked how users could create and share their own mods (posting them to online vaults for free use), and that folks downloading and playing the mods gave feedback, so you could quickly sort out the well constructed mods from $hi#y ones.

Danakar Endeel
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 12:17:42 AM »

@Danakar: I too have fond memories of Neverwinter Nights (even with the suicidal henchmen). In particular I liked how users could create and share their own mods (posting them to online vaults for free use), and that folks downloading and playing the mods gave feedback, so you could quickly sort out the well constructed mods from $hi#y ones.

Yep, I still recall the fond memories I had with a giant server called 'Sacred Kingdoms' (until they had to pull the plug) where they had 3 'factions' (Good-Neutral-Evil) and a capture-the-flag, lots of levelling zones and everything. Very nice combination of RP, PvE and PvP. And they even allowed custom characters if you had a great background (I was walking around as a Shield Guardian golem) Tongue

So the stage was set way back in the past for me and I'm hoping SW:TOR will deliver me with many more fond memories. Wink

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 06:26:53 PM »

I love these videos.

Thank you for posting.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »

Yep, I still recall the fond memories I had with a giant server called 'Sacred Kingdoms' (until they had to pull the plug) where they had 3 'factions' (Good-Neutral-Evil) and a capture-the-flag, lots of levelling zones and everything. Very nice combination of RP, PvE and PvP. And they even allowed custom characters if you had a great background (I was walking around as a Shield Guardian golem) Tongue

So the stage was set way back in the past for me and I'm hoping SW:TOR will deliver me with many more fond memories. Wink

I Think I played that once. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:32:40 PM by Nero Attoru » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 07:36:27 PM »

These trailers are fantastic.  I remember the first time I saw the "Deceived" one - my jaw just hung open for a few minutes.  I kept thinking how brilliant it was to basically take the Old Republic and Palpatine's Empire and pit them against one another. 

That's basically what this is - the developers just sat down and went "what does everybody love about Star Wars?" and then threw it in a game.  Han Solo is cool - clearly the Smuggler is catered to him.  Vader is totally cool - Sith Warrior fills this role.  Palpatine zapping people with lightning is sweet - Sith Inquisitor.  I friggin cannot WAIT to play this game, my only tough decision now is Guardian or Sage... UGHH THIS CHOICE IS KILLING ME!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: