Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith Sound Font - Power Off Timing  (Read 1749 times)
D6rkW6lf6
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

The Dark Side calls to all and answers to none.

« on: May 06, 2015, 08:23:51 PM »

Hello Saber Forums,

I have modified my sound fonts to that of the Sith Packet available by Ultra Sabers. I am seeing an issue with the timing of the Power Off sound effect versus the time of the LED shutdown.

Anyone have a viable solution as to fix the issue? Can I stretch out the sound a bit more to cover for the visual off effect? Anyone else notice this with this font?

I am tempted to use the Power Off font from another packet just to get the timing more accurate. The default sound effect was spot on, but the Sith one has some issue with lining up.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 08:53:51 PM »

Not sure how to answer that, my Dark Friend - but what I can tell you is this: it sounds like we will have a brand new Dark Side Font developed by a professional Audio Engineer very soon!

Please see this thread:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23911.0

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 08:58:28 PM »

Anyone have a viable solution as to fix the issue? Can I stretch out the sound a bit more to cover for the visual off effect? Anyone else notice this with this font?

In lieu of someone developing an "official" new version or variation, as Lord Canterbury mentions, it's actually not hard to "stretch" an audio clip using free or shareware audio editors like Audacity. You can choose to keep the original pitch, let the pitch drop (slowing down the clip in the old-fashioned way), or anywhere in between.

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 09:54:09 PM »

In lieu of someone developing an "official" new version or variation, as Lord Canterbury mentions, it's actually not hard to "stretch" an audio clip using free or shareware audio editors like Audacity. You can choose to keep the original pitch, let the pitch drop (slowing down the clip in the old-fashioned way), or anywhere in between.

Yeah what said too.  Wink

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 09:55:28 PM »

Yeah what said too.  Wink

Although, having downloaded one of the font files, I can't for the life of me figure out what format they're in. I tried playing them as .WAV, .MP3, and .OGG, all to no avail.

Maybe the experts should be the ones working on it. Smiley

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

D6rkW6lf6
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

The Dark Side calls to all and answers to none.

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 12:11:23 AM »

That link to the Dark Sound Font thread is just what I will watch. There are tons of things to play with. Was hoping someone already had this issue and solved it. I appreciate the replies thank you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: