Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Request: Emerald RGBW - White RGB Versus White Diode  (Read 3108 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« on: May 08, 2015, 10:23:52 PM »

Hello All - I have a request that I am hoping someone who owns a 4-channel Emerald saber w/ RGBW can help me out with.

I'm planning to eventually buy my Wife an Azure Reaper w/ 4-chan Emerald and I'm struggling with the Illuminated AV switch issue.  (Man I wish the driver just had a separate port for that!)

In short - I don't want to do Direct Drive or in Series - those are out.

So I am going between Non-Illuminated AV or dedicated to Channel 4.

I'd prefer to get it with a Silver Illuminated switch because I think it just really suits this particular saber - it just completes the look of it in my eyes:

So what I'm trying to decide is if I can go without the White diode on this saber to dedicate that channel to the AV switch.

Could someone with Emerald RGBW post pics here of the following so I can judge how it looks?

- White diode @ 255; RGB all @ 0

- White from the Color Picker selected w/ White Diode set to 0

- RGB all @ 255; White Diode @ 0

I'd like to get an idea of how those 3 differ for a Silver blade.

Points & MUCH gratitude to anyone who can help.

Thank you!!   Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 03:07:20 PM »

Hey Lord C.... My son and I had this very same question before we ordered our first Emerald sabers, and we went with different specs..... Both ordered RGBW, he has av always on, and I went with av to ch.4..... He regrets ordering always on because he mostly has to take the batteries out as he has no recharge port..... He really has only ever had his set to a DVA variation with a lighter FoC, but I'm not sure he's ever really used the W in his colour mix anyway..... For me, that saber was always going to be blues or greens, and I loooove illuminated av's so easy choice..... If I definitely wanted to use W in a colour mix or as FoC then for me I'd go with a non illuminated av.....

So what I did for u was find the closest Emerald settings to AS and take pic with a saber that has an AS LED in it.... To my eye the settings R159 G255 B083 looked really close in colour tone to AS, but in the pic I took it looks a bit pink-er..... I find in photos my Emerald sabers can strobe a bit, so maybe that's what happened?.....

My advice would be in order of priority, what's more important to you....
1. If an illuminated av is top, go with av to ch.4
2. If W in colour mix or FoC is top, go with a non illuminated av

Here's the pic I took for you, Emerald Archon top, Apprentice v4 with AS LED bottom..... Cheers  Smiley

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:37:47 PM by JediXIX » Logged

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »

Great information for everyone JediXIX.  Now understand clearly how this works for my next Emerald purchase.  Thanks and point.  Cheesy

Both sabers look fantastic.  That silver Apprentice could be my next saber and looks good with the Archon pommel.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 04:18:17 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 04:53:59 PM »

Jedi - thanks for the reply!  That was very helpful.  +1.

To me - the blade itself looks just fine on the Archon but I can see the pinkish glow you are talking about.  That's pretty common though with RGB White.

Actually, I am probably more surprised the Silver LED is giving off a bluish glow; I guess they are using a Cool White LED for that.

Truth be told - I don't know my wife will even use White at all, but this is one of the few Sabers I really like it on personally.  I was going to order it set to White pulsing to Blue with DVA FOC for when she unboxes it which I thought would look awesome.

Thankfully, some of the other AV choices are a little easier.

When I eventually get a Chosen One CE - I'm going to go with RGBA but using the Green channel as dedicated to the illuminated Red AV switch.

I'll always have the blade set to Red and the B&A will give FOC options for DVA and a wide variety of warm, reddish oranges.  Which for that hilt, is realistically all I need.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 10:02:41 PM »

For my Emerald Archon, a vibrant illuminated AV switch was a priority over the white LED so I went dedicated to ch4, and I haven't missed the white. But it sounds like you would use the white so if it were me I'd go in series that way you get a good combo of both the LED and AV switch.

You're color plans for the Chosen One look well thought through and sound quite nice.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 02:28:17 AM »

For my Emerald Archon, a vibrant illuminated AV switch was a priority over the white LED so I went dedicated to ch4, and I haven't missed the white. But it sounds like you would use the white so if it were me I'd go in series that way you get a good combo of both the LED and AV switch.

You're color plans for the Chosen One look well thought through and sound quite nice.

Thanks!

Like I said, it's actually for my wife and I don't think she'll really use Silver that much. 

At this point, I feel confident enough that I can tune the RGB to a "good enough" White for the amount it will probably be used.

So I am going Silver AV switch dedicated to Channel 4 (White Diode).

I actually have RGB LED lighting I installed on our fireplace mantle that I have been able to tune to a really nice White - so I figured it was possible.  Just wanted a pic from someone to confirm!

As usual w/ LED lighting on camera - this looks better in person.  It's a pretty perfect White considering there are no actual White diodes.

Thanks for all the input!  It's greatly appreciated!

PS - that Archon looks fantastic.  Now that I posted recently that the Archon really didn't do anything for me personally, I start seeing all these pics that are making me second guess that . . .  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: