Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saberproject.de  (Read 8704 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« on: May 09, 2015, 05:18:46 AM »

I found these guys on youtube when  I saw a short film they made. They have a few tutorials, most of which involve tosses and flips. So far, there is nothing I have not seen before, but their stuff is all pretty newly posted. They seem to have stumbled on a lot of the same moves we did here and put together well produced walkthroughs. I think this is worth watching to see what they come up with in future.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiGXdygdUUD_rd2nxGOVVeA

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 04:21:42 PM »

Thanks.  Nice to see other lightsaber enthusiasts and their contributions.  +1  Cheesy

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 09:57:26 PM »

I am actually kind of hoping that someone affiliated with them will post. It would be nice to bring them into the conversation and possibly be able to get hold of them around year end.

TimSP
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

Founder of Saberproject

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 11:13:14 AM »

No problem;)
Got a messages that you guys started talking about us here. Glad to read that you like our newest project and our videos in general.

Maybe a short introduction:
I'm Tim, one of the founders of Saberproject.de, the first German webpage about lightsabers. We started with reviews and tutorials of Master Replicas sabers back in 2006 and some somple lightsaber tricks. Soon we began to develope own choreographies and had our first show in 2008.
Within the years we started good relations and cooperations with some bigger, well known companies and were responsible for the Jedi training at Celebration Europe II in 2013.
We attended a lot of events in the last years, developing a new show every year, using advanced sabers, even with a wireless sound module to get all sounds to a big hi-fi system. Our display booth features over 100 lightsabers of different kinds.
You can find a lot of pictures and videos in our reports: http://www.saberproject.de/en/events/reports

As for our trick tutorials: There aren't "new", they just a better re-do of older stuff we had, before relaunching our homepage last year:)
We're now in our tenth year and looking forward to everything which will happen next.

We actually have been in contact to Ultra Sabers seven or eight years ago, but we've gone different parts.
I have to admit that I'm not a big follower or fan of Ultra Sabers, but I want to talk to you guys without any prejudices.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 04:44:08 PM »

Hi TimSP.  Nice to read your post and welcome to the forum.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching some of the 2009-2013 shows.  You are part of a very talented skillful group.  A great results example for both respectful practice and cohesiveness.  I would encourage you to check out what US now has to offer.  Whatever sabers and blades the group is using seems to perform well, as those sabers sure are thrown and struck a lot.  The trick spinning tutorials are helpful. Thanks for your contributions to the saber community and for future endeavors.  Please continue to stay in contact on the forum.  Here's a light side appreciation point.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:58:43 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 11:04:11 PM »

Thanks a lot for posting. After I wrote that, I found the little "load more" button on your channel and saw the videos ranging back through the years. Good stuff all of it. I wish I had come upon it earlier. When I was trying to figure out how to do arial flips a couple years ago, it was a lot like stumbling in the dark with the shortage of resources available and a lot of the people in the community wondering why I would want to do something that could potentially damage a saber and had no combat value. Over time, we have shown that there is an interest in, an audience for, and a developed technique to this stuff. If we can get people together to share progress, resources, and ideas, we can help those still stumbling in that dark and all get better at what we do in the process. In the comparatively short time I have been been working on these things, I have found that innovation happens more swiftly when there is open comunication. That's why it is nice to see you guys here. Please let us know if you have any suggestions on anything or tips or tricks to share. Specifically, it would be nice to get some info on getting started with choreography from someone like you with experience in the field. As it is, I think that subject is underrepresented on this forum and most others.

TimSP
Force Sensitive

Founder of Saberproject

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 06:54:52 PM »

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it very much:)
Open communication is always the best way, unfortunately something I missed about from Ultra Sabers in the last years.
When you're totally new to choreographies you should definitely start on your footwork. Learn how to move and where your feet need to be when your blade is in a certain position.
A good choreography has skillfull saber movement and matching footwork, it all has to look natural as it could work as a swordfight. In our view it's more like a dance than a swordfight, the goal is that the show looks cool and Star Wars-like:)

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 10:45:44 PM »

Good point. Do you think you will be hanging around on this forum for a while? Regardless of your feeling on Ultrasabers, it is to my knowledge the largest and most active of the saber communities out there at the moment, especially when it comes to saber use. If you will be checking in, I will set up a choreography sub section here in the saber artistry board and start it off with your recent video. It might help to generate more conversation and more routines.

TimSP
Force Sensitive

Founder of Saberproject

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 03:21:35 PM »

I think I'll check by from time to time, but won't be that active;)
Talks about other forums aren't very welcome here I guess, so I won't start it:D

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 11:57:53 PM »

Good enough for me. I went ahead and set up a thread for choreo performances and started it off with yours. Lets see what happens.

Jundi Alsi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 03:55:49 PM »

Hello from the Philippines @TimSP, I've found your videos to be short and sweet. Perfect for where I am in learning foundational spinning techniques and referring to other videos on here when I want a more indepth insight to sticking points. Thanks what you and your group are sharing online.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 08:08:54 PM »

Hey TimSP, welcome to US Cheesy I was at the Nürnberg Kaufhof event during your Workshop tour in 2013 after I got my first UltraSabers...you asked me if you could have a look at it, maybe you can remember that Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 05:56:31 PM »

I'm too lazy to open a new topic, so I'll drop the new Saberproject video in here Wink :
Quote from: TimSP
Hi there,
take a look at our newest video, a short but intense fight, fully rotoscoped and new sounds added.
Thanks for watching, looking forward for some feedback:)

Cheers,
Tim

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ulMUPscpY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ulMUPscpY</a>

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: