Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: I can't be the only one with this problem >.<  (Read 12431 times)
Angel_Rain
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 15

« on: May 14, 2015, 04:36:42 PM »

Little long, sorry bear with me I'm at my wits end.
So first day with my new dominix v4. I turn on my saber and it has sound and works perfectly. I turn on my laptop (windows 7), download obsidian launcher v 3.2.2, turn on saber, connect it to the computer, open the launcher. It tells me I need v1 or v2 for my lightsaber. Ummmm ok I guess, so I completely uninstall v3 and download v2.2.2. For a minute it connects to my saber saber and I'm like yay! Then my saber goes quiet and my computer says  the device is not responding.... whhaaaa? So I disconnect it and my saber won't turn on. I take the batteries out and put them in the charger, they're fine. I put them back in, saber works perfectly. Hmmm ok, connect it again while on and then started the launcher, now it gives me a the runtime error 53 and won't open the program. Thing is I already moved the LSU converter to obsidianusb folder, why is it giving the runtime error 53 when it's supposed to be connecting to my lightsaber. The program will run offline from my lightsaber, and my lightsaber still works sound and everything. I know you're not supposed to use v2 with new soundboards cuz it can damage it, but then why is v3 telling me I need an older version of the launcher? I feel stupid like I've missed something I've been scouring the forums trying to find a solution. Please help me!

Rain ~ needing those light side points Wink
ABQ Jedi

Aeon LE v3; CG
Dark Initiate LE v2; AS
Dark Initiate LE v3; FO
Dominix LE v4; AB

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 05:10:43 PM »

Wow, that sounds like a question for Emory, honestly!  Have you tried emailing him?  I've actually never heard of this problem, so I unfortunately have no advice for you except to email US and see what they have to say.  Emory is VERY good about answering questions quickly, too.  Smiley   Please let us know what he says because that is certainly an odd problem to have!  I can't imagine why it prompt you in that way.   Undecided

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 05:29:29 PM »

I suspect you may have gotten a V4 soundcard.  The V3 can't read the card and is older - so it "assumes" you need an older version.  (The error message was written before V4 exists - if it can't read the card, it probably tells you to get 1 or 2 because that's the hard coded error message - not what it really needs.)

Try downloading Version 4.  I bet that will work.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23237.0

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Angel_Rain
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 07:14:07 PM »

I suspect you may have gotten a V4 soundcard.  The V3 can't read the card and is older - so it "assumes" you need an older version.  (The error message was written before V4 exists - if it can't read the card, it probably tells you to get 1 or 2 because that's the hard coded error message - not what it really needs.)

Try downloading Version 4.  I bet that will work.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.phptopic=23237.0

I'll try that when I get home and let ya know

ABQ Jedi

Aeon LE v3; CG
Dark Initiate LE v2; AS
Dark Initiate LE v3; FO
Dominix LE v4; AB

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »

I also suggest emailing Emory, he's good about responding quickly.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Angel_Rain
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 09:10:32 PM »

Where do I find his email address?

ABQ Jedi

Aeon LE v3; CG
Dark Initiate LE v2; AS
Dark Initiate LE v3; FO
Dominix LE v4; AB

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 09:13:41 PM »

Where do I find his email address?

It's info@ultrasabers.com

Did you try the other version of the software?

Check if the soundboard has a sticker on it and let me know what it says.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Angel_Rain
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 10:03:59 PM »

IT LIVES!!!! I didn't even know there was a version 4, told ya I was being stupid and missed something lol. Well it works now, and the soundboard is black it has a barcode on the back but I can't see the numbers.

ABQ Jedi

Aeon LE v3; CG
Dark Initiate LE v2; AS
Dark Initiate LE v3; FO
Dominix LE v4; AB

MrSuperDuck
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

Darth Venerate

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 10:09:50 PM »

IT LIVES!!!! I didn't even know there was a version 4, told ya I was being stupid and missed something lol. Well it works now, and the soundboard is black it has a barcode on the back but I can't see the numbers.

Thanks for posting this topic, I was just about to ask about it myself, found out we're in the same boat.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 10:13:09 PM »

Great!  Happy I could help.

And it sure seems a whole lot of people are receiving the new Board even though it hasn't been formally announced yet; I'm guessing that will be soon.

Did you keep the paperwork that came with the Saber?

I think people have mentioned it came with instructions for the new Board.

Did you know you have 8 different Sound Fonts on there and you can switch them on the fly while using the Saber?

Angel_Rain
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 10:38:13 PM »

Great!  Happy I could help.

And it sure seems a whole lot of people are receiving the new Board even though it hasn't been formally announced yet; I'm guessing that will be soon.

Did you keep the paperwork that came with the Saber?

I think people have mentioned it came with instructions for the new Board.

Did you know you have 8 different Sound Fonts on there and you can switch them on the fly while using the Saber?

I didn't get any instructions for the board :/
In the launcher it says I have 8 soundfonts, I can change from the launcher but I dunno that I can can change it without plugging the saber in.

ABQ Jedi

Aeon LE v3; CG
Dark Initiate LE v2; AS
Dark Initiate LE v3; FO
Dominix LE v4; AB

Angel_Rain
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 10:46:47 PM »

Now I just have to figure out how to add a soundfont to my bank

ABQ Jedi

Aeon LE v3; CG
Dark Initiate LE v2; AS
Dark Initiate LE v3; FO
Dominix LE v4; AB

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 11:12:29 PM »

I didn't get any instructions for the board :/
In the launcher it says I have 8 soundfonts, I can change from the launcher but I dunno that I can can change it without plugging the saber in.

You definitely can change them on the fly without plugging in - that's probably the biggest new feature.

Maybe start a topic in this directory asking for user instructions for the V4 soundboard; I don't have one yet so I don't know how to operate it.

Angel_Rain
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 11:19:38 PM »

You definitely can change them on the fly without plugging in - that's probably the biggest new feature.

Maybe start a topic in this directory asking for user instructions for the V4 soundboard; I don't have one yet so I don't know how to operate it.

How do we know that I have v4 soundboard though?

ABQ Jedi

Aeon LE v3; CG
Dark Initiate LE v2; AS
Dark Initiate LE v3; FO
Dominix LE v4; AB

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 12:04:32 AM »

How do we know that I have v4 soundboard though?

You downloaded the V4 software and it worked, right?  And you said the Launcher says you have 8 sound fonts.

Then you definitely have the new board.

V3 can only hold 1 sound font at a time.

Enjoy!  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: