Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: I can't be the only one with this problem >.<  (Read 12295 times)
Angel_Rain
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 12:35:20 AM »

Oh duh lol yay new board  Grin

Rain ~ needing those light side points Wink
ABQ Jedi

Aeon LE v3; CG
Dark Initiate LE v2; AS
Dark Initiate LE v3; FO
Dominix LE v4; AB

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 02:33:01 AM »

How do we know that I have v4 soundboard though?

I believe all v4 soundboards have a sticker on the soundboard that says "Obsidian USB 4" and a serial no. next to the usb port.....

I suspect you may have gotten a V4 soundcard.  The V3 can't read the card and is older - so it "assumes" you need an older version.  (The error message was written before V4 exists - if it can't read the card, it probably tells you to get 1 or 2 because that's the hard coded error message - not what it really needs.)

Try downloading Version 4.  I bet that will work.

Points to you Lord C...... for your lateral thinking  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Angel_Rain
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 07:36:21 AM »

I believe all v4 soundboards have a sticker on the soundboard that says "Obsidian USB 4" and a serial no. next to the usb port.....

My soundboard is completely black, though where it's glued to the battery pack, I can see bits of a bar code but not any numbers.

ABQ Jedi

Aeon LE v3; CG
Dark Initiate LE v2; AS
Dark Initiate LE v3; FO
Dominix LE v4; AB

MrSuperDuck
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

Darth Venerate

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 07:02:09 PM »

My soundboard is completely black, though where it's glued to the battery pack, I can see bits of a bar code but not any numbers.

I actually just stumbled across my instructions. (they were stuck deep inside the box Tongue)

If you hold down the activation switch for a few seconds while it's "OFF".

The different tags will play and clue you in on which one you have selected.

Angel_Rain
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 07:09:48 PM »

I tore up the box trying to get everything I bought out and they included was instructions for the batteries :/ it's cool though I figured it out Smiley

ABQ Jedi

Aeon LE v3; CG
Dark Initiate LE v2; AS
Dark Initiate LE v3; FO
Dominix LE v4; AB

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 05:16:00 AM »

Guys, when powering up, continue to hold button down till you hear "Obsidian!".  Then with a brief push of the button, cycle through the different fonts until you find the one you want (it will tell you which font is chosen).  Then hold button down until you hear "Confirmed!".  Off you go!  To change to a different font, power down, then power up and repeat the sequence.  Hope that helps(?)

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Adan Valera
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Gray Jedi

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 01:52:08 AM »

It seems that the v4 Obsidian software doesn't work with the Emerald driver yet. I plugged in my USB to the Emerald driver and nothing showed up except for this message:

Connected Emerald LED Driver Serial Number 15020900, Firmware version 113
Support not implemented yet, please check future versions.

Anyone else experiencing this?

There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace; Serenity, yet emotion; Chaos, yet order. I am the wielder of the flame, the protector of balance. I am the holder of the Torch, lighting the way. I am the keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. I am a Gray Jedi.

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 03:02:06 AM »

It seems that the v4 Obsidian software doesn't work with the Emerald driver yet. I plugged in my USB to the Emerald driver and nothing showed up except for this message:

Connected Emerald LED Driver Serial Number 15020900, Firmware version 113
Support not implemented yet, please check future versions.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Deep (Emory) posted in the v4 Mac thread recently saying "Emerald functionality has been developed and is awaiting final testing.  Will be released VERY soon!".... in the meantime you'll need to use the v3 software for Emerald LED setting changes..... cheers Smiley

Adan Valera
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Gray Jedi

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 04:26:28 AM »

Deep (Emory) posted in the v4 Mac thread recently saying "Emerald functionality has been developed and is awaiting final testing.  Will be released VERY soon!".... in the meantime you'll need to use the v3 software for Emerald LED setting changes..... cheers Smiley

Thanks very much! I'm still a newbie around here and there is a LOT of information on this forum. It can be a little overwhelming at times. I did install the v3 software and everything panned out just fine. MTFBWY!

There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace; Serenity, yet emotion; Chaos, yet order. I am the wielder of the flame, the protector of balance. I am the holder of the Torch, lighting the way. I am the keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. I am a Gray Jedi.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 06:42:28 AM »

It's here.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 06:48:11 AM »

Did you guys pick up on that?!  IT'S HERE!  Thanks, Emory!  You have made a MANY a Jedi and Sith  gratefull!  MTFBWY and ALL, always!!!

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 06:49:05 AM »

frikken awesome  Grin Grin Grin

Miliv
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 01:00:41 AM »

Greetings everyone,
I spent something like 10 minutes surfing through different threads trying to look for a solution to my problem, because I didn't want to post an already answered question, but couldn't find any, so here it goes.

I have a Prophecy v3 with Obsidian USB sound (bought on Feb 2012) which I *think* it's a Obsidian v3, but I'm not sure if the hilt's version corresponds to the usb driver's version.
I downloaded the new "UltraSabers Launcher" but it enters in a loop trying to connect to the device (I'm on Win7, installed as admin, run as admin, changed locale to US)
I tried the same launcher on Mac, same results.

I even digged for an old "Obsidian Launcher v 3.2.1" but couldn't connect either.

Do you need the exact msgboxes' text to understand the error? Any idea if those apps are compatible with this saber?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2015, 03:01:52 AM »

Greetings everyone,
I spent something like 10 minutes surfing through different threads trying to look for a solution to my problem, because I didn't want to post an already answered question, but couldn't find any, so here it goes.

I have a Prophecy v3 with Obsidian USB sound (bought on Feb 2012) which I *think* it's a Obsidian v3, but I'm not sure if the hilt's version corresponds to the usb driver's version.
I downloaded the new "UltraSabers Launcher" but it enters in a loop trying to connect to the device (I'm on Win7, installed as admin, run as admin, changed locale to US)
I tried the same launcher on Mac, same results.

I even digged for an old "Obsidian Launcher v 3.2.1" but couldn't connect either.

Do you need the exact msgboxes' text to understand the error? Any idea if those apps are compatible with this saber?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

Hi - if possible, yes - please screen cap & post any error messages.

Also - see if there is a sticker with the serial number on it and let us know that as well.

Lastly, in the meantime- please go to the home page at the top where the Red text is.  Read the rules of the Forum and acknowledge them before you post again.

Thanks!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Miliv
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2015, 12:14:37 PM »

Hi - if possible, yes - please screen cap & post any error messages.

Also - see if there is a sticker with the serial number on it and let us know that as well.

Lastly, in the meantime- please go to the home page at the top where the Red text is.  Read the rules of the Forum and acknowledge them before you post again.

Thanks!

I'm sorry for posting without reading & acknowledging the forum rules.

I kept digging because I wanted to find the same program I used when I first got the saber, and finally found it:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3693.0

Thanks for your help Lord C!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: