Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Book I'm Working On  (Read 1126 times)
Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« on: May 15, 2015, 08:13:33 AM »

Hey guys. I'm working on writing a sci-fi novel. It's not Star Wars, but I figured since it's in the same genre, you guys might be interested in reading. Here is the opening so far. If interest is shown, I may post chapters here as I write them. Let me know what you guys think.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   By the early twenty-eighth century, Earth has used faster than light travel for several hundred years. The discovery of several sentient species has lead to trade routes being established. For hundreds of years, Earth has enjoyed a peaceful relationship with the other species of the galaxy, even going as far as colonizing several dozen planets; solving the population crisis.

In the year 2761, beyond the reaches of the galaxy, an Empire is arriving to subjugate the sentient beings in a quest to conquer the known universe. The near humans of the Veronian Empire, different only from pink hued eyes and pointed ears, are dangerously efficient soldiers who have never been defeated in battle.

In a united front against the Empire, every sentient species except Earth has mobilized their militaries in an effort to push back the relentless forces. Within the first year of war, twenty-seven planets fall to the Veronians. Seventeen million beings are killed in combat, while tens of billions are forced to live under the iron fist of the Empire.

In the year 2762, Earth agrees to enter the war in force. In an unexpected move, the planet's government manages to mobilize an effective military force of nearly one hundred million.

En route to the planet "Mercy," The elite 361st mountain legion prepares within the hull of the Calliope, a battle cruiser among dozens in the third fleet. With two million ground forces preparing for the inevitable battle, the 29th battalion, known as "Concord Battalion," prepares to lead the Earth forces in the first major battle between Earth's forces and those of the Veronian Empire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a note, I've talked to several members on here as well as real life friends. I was looking for names and likenesses to use as characters. If you're interested, let me know and you will likely see your name and description in the book. Just a warning though. This book is very Game of Thrones. No character is safe and many of them that I already have are slated to die.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: