Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Way Of The Dark Side- Blade For Video Question  (Read 2742 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: May 18, 2015, 06:41:52 AM »

So I want to do a saber video project with effects and such. How long would a Heavy Grade blade last if we don't hit too terribly hard? Like I was gonna hit hard but not hardcore hard. Its gonna be  Siths fighting it out ;o No details yet but thanks for the info. I'm mostly concerned about the tips. Or would the newer deeper tips last longer than before?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 01:28:04 PM »

Well considering that they say an HG blade can tangle with a boken and hold its own, I would suspect you could abuse till the cows came home and never get close to breaking it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 02:06:54 PM »

Lol. Nice. Point for that one XD

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 12:08:02 AM »

I haven't managed to break on yet, but I have popped the tip off of one... or rather, I supposed, the ceiling fan "nipped the tip."  There is a "Tip for Tips" in the FAQ section of the site with Emory's advice on how to keep the tip on if you're interested.

That's the only think I would be careful of really, although, of course, make sure the set screw for the blade is tight (but not over tight).

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 06:48:40 AM »

Lol. So basically pretty tough blades either way unless you do something like that Tongue We probably still wont hit that hard though even though that's what the blades  are meant for anyway

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »

Lol. So basically pretty tough blades either way unless you do something like that Tongue We probably still wont hit that hard though even though that's what the blades  are meant for anyway

As an engineer, I would say if you're hitting hard enough to really damage an HG blade, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray you don't actually hit somebody. They will not like you, once they regain consciousness. If they in fact remember anything.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 11:35:36 PM »

As an engineer, I would say if you're hitting hard enough to really damage an HG blade, pray, pray, pray, pray, pray you don't actually hit somebody. They will not like you, once they regain consciousness. If they in fact remember anything.

It's worse when you keep getting hit in the SAME SPOT OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER.... and two days later when you're just starting to be able to move that limb without it hurting, you get hit there AGAIN.

And gods help you if it's cold outside (and you're outside sparring) because then it hurts AND stings.

So if you can work some protective gear into the costumes, you'll probably want to do that.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 07:45:43 PM »

It's worse when you keep getting hit in the SAME SPOT OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER.... and two days later when you're just starting to be able to move that limb without it hurting, you get hit there AGAIN.

And gods help you if it's cold outside (and you're outside sparring) because then it hurts AND stings.

So if you can work some protective gear into the costumes, you'll probably want to do that.

You're forgetting about the third rule in a crisis situation.

Sig by For Tyeth

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 03:40:08 AM »

That were Sith and we wont care if we hit anyone Tongue (We actually will but you get the point. Lol)

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 01:16:37 AM »

I have beat the heck out of my heavy grade blades and haven't had a tip come off yet. I use them at biker parties where we tend to forget safety a bit and swing like we mean it aiming for each other instead of playing nice blade to blade video style. I haven't lost a blade tip from a heavy grade yet but we stay in close so I haven't hit near the tip either.
I actually think the heavy grade blades look better in video because they have the narrower profile and the more "energy beam" look to them.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 07:10:26 PM »

That were Sith and we wont care if we hit anyone Tongue (We actually will but you get the point. Lol)

No...DUCK

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: