Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LSU Launcher question...  (Read 3404 times)
DarkLightning
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

Star Wars fan. Martial Arts fanatic.

« on: May 25, 2015, 08:07:18 PM »

Just dowloaded a few of the free soundfonts that I came across here and now I have a question: If you resize or create a new Bank, what does it mean when that message says "This will completely delete your saber's memory!"? Does it mean all the soundfonts I have will be removed or... what? Undecided

Free yourself of mechanical action.

Dark Menace; Blazing Red; Obsidian V4.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 02:39:27 AM »

Are you working with the V3 or V4 launcher?

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

DarkLightning
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:17:21 PM »

Are you working with the V3 or V4 launcher?

V4 Launcher, I got it working now ^_^

DarkLightning
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 06:19:41 PM »

V4 Launcher, I got it working now ^_^
^ Ok scratch that.

But yes, I'm dealing with the V4 Launcher... there are a load of sound fonts I've got on my Menace, and I want to put them to use... but I'm afraid that if I make new banks it will get rid of all of my sound fonts, including the stock sounds, which I really would like to keep.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 06:42:32 PM »

I'm not familiar with the v4 sound board, but I assume that all fonts will indeed be deleted, including the pre-installed ones.

You may try to save each pre-configured bank in a separate sound font configuration file and after managing your banks re-import the files into each bank. That would prevent the default fonts from getting lost.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

DarkLightning
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 07:16:58 PM »

I'm not familiar with the v4 sound board, but I assume that all fonts will indeed be deleted, including the pre-installed ones.

You may try to save each pre-configured bank in a separate sound font configuration file and after managing your banks re-import the files into each bank. That would prevent the default fonts from getting lost.
Ah... ok, well that makes sense. I'll try it out and see what happens, thanks!

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 08:00:03 PM »

^ Ok scratch that.

But yes, I'm dealing with the V4 Launcher... there are a load of sound fonts I've got on my Menace, and I want to put them to use... but I'm afraid that if I make new banks it will get rid of all of my sound fonts, including the stock sounds, which I really would like to keep.

I recently reconfigured an individual font on my v4.  I was attempting to change the power up/down on the Dark Star.  In my first attempt, I completely lost the entire font but, just for Dark Star.  Downloaded the NovaStar fonts to desktop and made another attempt.  The key is, when you chose the specific font out of the 7, make sure you're in that specific font you're wanting to change.  Remove the specific sound bank, within the font i.e. "power up/down, clash, hum, etc."  Then, choose the desired individual sound from your computer. It should now show up in that individual bank. Then you will write to the board, (this takes a few minutes to write the new changes) and.....VOILA!  Test it to assure it's what you wanted and you're done!  It can be easy to make a mistake.  My advice is take your time and if for some reason it doesn't sound the way you want it to, you can start the process over with a new sound file.  I have not tried to add additonal bank fonts.  I do know there's only so much space per bank.  There is a bar at the bottom of the v4 launcher that tells you how much memory each different sound font has utilized.  "If" you go to "100%" and the bar turns from "green to red" then you will have to drop one of the sounds in the font until the bar turns "green" again.  I made the mistake of adding additional sounds in "Empty" banks and I went over the alotted memory for that specific sound font.

I hope this has been helpful(?)  Good luck in your reconfiguration! Smiley

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

DarkLightning
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 08:32:35 PM »

I recently reconfigured an individual font on my v4.  I was attempting to change the power up/down on the Dark Star.  In my first attempt, I completely lost the entire font but, just for Dark Star.  Downloaded the NovaStar fonts to desktop and made another attempt.  The key is, when you chose the specific font out of the 7, make sure you're in that specific font you're wanting to change.  Remove the specific sound bank, within the font i.e. "power up/down, clash, hum, etc."  Then, choose the desired individual sound from your computer. It should now show up in that individual bank. Then you will write to the board, (this takes a few minutes to write the new changes) and.....VOILA!  Test it to assure it's what you wanted and you're done!  It can be easy to make a mistake.  My advice is take your time and if for some reason it doesn't sound the way you want it to, you can start the process over with a new sound file.  I have not tried to add additonal bank fonts.  I do know there's only so much space per bank.  There is a bar at the bottom of the v4 launcher that tells you how much memory each different sound font has utilized.  "If" you go to "100%" and the bar turns from "green to red" then you will have to drop one of the sounds in the font until the bar turns "green" again.  I made the mistake of adding additional sounds in "Empty" banks and I went over the alotted memory for that specific sound font.

I hope this has been helpful(?)  Good luck in your reconfiguration! Smiley
Well that does help for reconfiguration, thanks Smiley

Appreciate the help from everyone

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: