Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Why cant you give the initiate v3 MHS threads?  (Read 2505 times)
darth slipknot
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

Dark side points please!

« on: May 26, 2015, 05:44:40 PM »

Why not? Surely you could just heat it up get a emitter and carefully screw it on to put threads on the emitter?

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:27:26 PM »

That's... not even remotely close to how you put threads on metal. Looking at how the front half on an Initiate is designed, there just isn't room to put MHS threads for the blade holder.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 10:06:12 PM »

Well, it could be done, but you would have to use a metal working lathe to bore out the emitter end to the necessary inner diameter and then cut the threads.  By the time that is done there would not be enough metal left for it to be duel worthy.  I compared my Manticore emitter to my Aeon V3 and the threaded part of the emitter is almost as wide as the whole diameter of the Aeon.  

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

darth slipknot
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

Dark side points please!

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 11:15:22 PM »

ok well maybe, maybe arr there must be a way i could put a emitter on these things

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 04:22:33 PM »

It sucks I know, but if the part was supposed to be MHS compatible, I'm sure they would have made it that way from the start.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 04:28:40 PM »

Most people that want a different looking emmitter make shrouds to put on those.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 04:30:34 PM »

Some people have made emitter shrouds out of PVC pipe.  If you did that all you would need to do to attach it is drill and tap some holes in the emitter to screw on the shroud.  You would need a rotary tool to cut and shape the pipe to your liking, but those things are cheap.

You might see if sedstiskyfaller sells emitter shrouds too. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=20516.0  

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: