Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My First Ultrasabers - Sentinel LE V4 & Apprentice LE V4  (Read 4114 times)
ChrisLyne
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« on: May 28, 2015, 09:03:52 PM »

I'd been thinking for a while about trying to get a costume together for the opening of The Force Awakens later this year.  A weekend watching the live stream from Celebration and the announcement that CE2016 would be in London made up my mind.  I wanted to be a Jedi and a Jedi needs a good lightsaber.

My wife bought me the Master Replicas Luke Skywalker lightsaber years ago.  I love it and it still has pride of place in our study, but I wanted something a bit more... robust.  Something I could use without worrying about breaking it.  I did a lot of research and read a LOT of opinions.  Price quickly ruled out a lot of options but it was Magnius44's video reviews on YouTube that sold me on Ultrasabers.  He broke down all the different types of lightsaber on the market and advised what was best for what I wanted.  He sold me.  I needed an Ultrasaber!

The choice was incredible!  Price ruled out some of the higher end models but I eventually decided to get a Sentinel LE V4 (a choice I may have made anyway even if price hadn't been a factor) in Guardian Blue.  My wife, also a massive Star Wars fan, wasn't to be left out.  She decided to get a matching Apprentice LE V4 in Violet Amethyst with a 32" blade.  We both went for UltraEdge Heavy Duty blades.

I still can't believe how fast they arrived!  I got in from work, saw the card and drove straight to the FedEx depot hoping that the vehicle had already come back in and I wouldn't have to wait another day.  Luckily the driver had already got back and I was able to pick up my lightsabers.  I drove home as excited as a kid at Christmas.

I was overjoyed when I first saw them.  The finish on the metal work is simply beautiful and the gold anodizing gives them a fantastic look.  I was a little unsure whether to get the windows or not but I'm so glad I did!  They look incredible when the blade is on!

The Sentinel

I'll admit the hilt was slightly longer than I anticipated but I really like it.  It's perfect for double handed grips but still extremely comfortable to use single handed.  It was actually lighter than I was expecting so that was a nice surprise as well.  And I love the blue power button, wasn't expecting it and it's the perfect finish to the hilt.

The blade is a brilliant blue when it's ignited.  We've not done much duelling yet, but I'm sure the neighbours think I'm mad, out on the front lawn most nights swinging it around.  But I don't care, it looks awesome!

The Apprentice

The hilt on The Apprentice is more like the size I think of when I think "lightsaber" (no idea why, it's actually slightly shorter than the MR Luke and Mace we own).  I find it great for one handed but slightly small for a two handed grip but my wife finds it perfect for both.  Definitely glad we went for the 32" blade though.  Again, it's extremely comfortable to use and has great grip when spinning the blade.

This saber has a slight rattle as the battery pack moves a little during use but I've read a few tips on these boards on how to secure that so it's not really an issue.

Overall a fantastic first purchase for Ultrasabers!  I got two amazing lightsabers for a price I'd be lucky to get one almost anywhere else.  They arrived super fast and look and feel amazing.  I couldn't be happier!

The Violet Amethyst is much more purple/less pink looking in real life.

They really are a sight to behold.  I've already got at least three friends considering getting their own and I must admit, as much as I told myself I'd only need/get the one, I'm already tempted to get another!  I think Ultra have me hooked!

My Lightsabers!
Sentinel LE V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 -  Consular Green
Apprentice LE V4 - Violet Amethyst
Dark Initiate V4 - Hot Pink

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 09:17:29 PM »

Hi.  Really nice review and photos.  Seems like you may be soon starting a friendship saber club.  Awesome that both you and your wife are saber enthusiasts and SW fans.  I'll let other members share about the joy and obsession of saber collecting.  Obviously you are aware of the forum suggested made up rule of " photos/video or it didn't happen ".  Here's your first light side appreciation point.  Smiley

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 08:14:03 PM »

Hi Chris.  Point for a great start with Sabers.

I know what you mean about Emitter Windows.  I have them on my grab bag Dominix v4 and am delighted with it. I was actually looking at both Sentinel and Apprentice last night.  Specifically as options for Saberstaff.

Possibly leaning towards Dark Sentinel and Dark Apprentice as I love the way that black anodized aluminium looks.  Especially if yellow blades for a Jedi Sentinel, which was my favourite class in KOTOR. 

But gold anodised loos pretty nice too!!

Cheers

James

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 03:44:11 AM »

Superb photos I must say!  And it sounds like you're first "real" lightsaber experience was a success.  I think it's fantastic that you and you're wife have matching hilts, that's so cool!  They look beautiful in their respective blade colors.  I have definitely added the Sentinel to my wish list.

I would encourage you - go outside and enjoy them!  Our interests and passions are an important part of who we are, don't let someone else decide otherwise for you.  Besides, the sooner they know you two are Jedi, the sooner they'll be expecting to see you outside defending you're quadrant!  It's old news to my neighbors Cheesy

+1

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 11:42:35 PM »

ChrisLyne, gorgeous sabers!  Job well done!  You and your wife are on your way to becoming "Saber Addicts"!  Love the color choices and hilt designs!  Definitely a couple of future saber choices for my growing collection!  Thanks for the review and great photos!  MTFBWYA! Point to you!

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port