Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Go Jedi Vs. Jedi In The Intergalactic Bloodsport Of Huttball  (Read 1586 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« on: August 19, 2011, 11:57:43 PM »

I think this part of the game could be kinda fun!

Quote from: GameInformer.com
BioWare showed off its upcoming Star Wars MMO yet again at this year's Gamescom, and the developer came to the event armed with a brand new, slightly strange mode to show off.

Huttball is a brand new warzone for The Old Republic that introduces a surprising element: inter-faction combat. Huttball is actually a brutal spectator sport run by the Hutt cartel on a neutral world, so it's not just Republic vs. Empire for these battles.

Huttball players are split into two teams that are chosen at random, and they battle in a crazy arena full of death traps. Some platforms will burst into flame on occasion while others will give way, dropping unsuspecting players into a pool of poison below. Competitors will need to watch out for the environmental hazards just as much as opposing players.

To complete the illusion of a true sport, Huttball features a loud, overly excited announcer providing commentary for match-ups. Every time you die in a silly way or make an impressive pass, this announcer will have something goofy to say.

Huttball is definitely a strange addition to Old Republic in the sense that it seems much more light-hearted than the vast majority of content in the game. That said, it also looked like a lot of fun in the videos I watched, and it gives players of the same faction a chance to beat each other up. Maybe those benefits are worth a little tonal dissonance.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/star_wars_the_old_republic/b/pc/archive/2011/08/19/go-jedi-vs-jedi-in-the-intergalactic-bloodsport-of-huttball.aspx

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Sephradragon
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 7

I bear 2 sabers.They are part of Being.we are one

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 12:04:23 AM »

Yeah I just saw that today. Looks like a lot of fun. Let the games begin!  Grin

arsenal~
Bane~ RGB (nymphadora)
nemesis(pvc)- GB (gadget)
catalyst-AV (spirit)
dark catalyst-AS (soul)
Whether dual wielded or attached into the staff "Being" these 2 sabers are connected through the living force and can not be separated. For they seek each other out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: