Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald board connects, Obsidian board doesn't  (Read 2942 times)
jfusco
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

« on: June 01, 2015, 02:47:29 PM »

I just got a Menace CE with Emerald driver and v4 sound. This is my first sound-enabled saber. When I connect to the Emerald board it works just fine. When I connect to the Obsidian board, the launcher says there's no saber connected. I followed the advice from http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22762.0 but no good. I've tried three different USB cables, uninstalled and used Run as admin to reinstall, and used Run as admin to launch app (v4 Launcher 1.01).

When I connect the Obsidian, Windows 8.1 does make the USB connection sound. I checked device manager and the Obsidian shows up as a USB Input Device and has a yellow triangle on it. When I check the properties it says the device failed to start (code 10). When I try to update the driver Windows says it's already using the best driver.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe

Prophecy v3 4-ch Emerald, Obsidian v4
Menace CE stunt, Guardian Blue
Dark Apprentice v4 stunt, Consular Green
Dominix LE v4 stunt, Guardian Blue

jfusco
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 03:07:44 PM »

I found a fix on another thread that I didn't realize was on the same issue. The workaround was to connect it to a USB hub. I connected using a USB input on my monitor and voila!

Oddly, though, all of the default sound fonts show "empty" when I look at the individual sounds.

Prophecy v3 4-ch Emerald, Obsidian v4
Menace CE stunt, Guardian Blue
Dark Apprentice v4 stunt, Consular Green
Dominix LE v4 stunt, Guardian Blue

dkh1020
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 04:26:50 AM »

Greetings and am new here. I just received my saber with Obsidian sound. Am running Windows 10 and my Machine doesn't recognize the device. I have tried running through a hub as well, no conection???

I get this error

Device disconnected Auto-connection enabled.
Check if the board is powered by the battery pack, turned on and connected to your computer. If it still can't connect, try to unplug and replug the USB cable and/or restart the board

Have unplugged & restarted with no effect. Any advice?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 05:27:08 PM »

Either your batteries are not fully charged (ONLY do changes with 100% charged batteries) or you have a bad USB cord. The workaround helped all users AFAIK, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: