Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Author Topic: the Other LEGO thread  (Read 29499 times)
Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2020, 03:53:45 PM »

I ordered the 1989 Batwing a few days ago. Waiting for it to ship. In the mean time I finally caved and ordered the Batmobile. I’ve wanted it since release but talked myself out of it. With the release of the Batwing I just had to have time both. Just finished bag 7 and really enjoying the build. I’d post pictures but they don’t do this thing justice and is difficult because of all the black. The design of this set is awesome and it’s gonna be a very impressive model once done I can already tell.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2020, 05:20:07 PM »

Hi Metal Mech,

Congrats on (Bat)caving in to temptation and buying these sets. I just finished building a Batmobile but it is the Pursuit of Joker version (set 76119 not the 76139). It was still fun though.

Mrs Tyeth bought the set for me to occupy me during the lockdown. She also found a "DC Heroes Lego Batman" board game but unfortunately that was a bit disappointing  Sad

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2020, 01:51:16 PM »

Yeah I wished I had caved when it first came out. Had it in my cart with the promotional smaller version. I took too long making up my mind and the promotional set sold out. Not that I needed it but for what it’s selling for would nice to have at this point in time. I did realized then it would be a rare promotion only set.

So far the build is pretty sweet. I’m on bag 17 of 24. This thing is massive but solid.

Still waiting for my batwing to ship out. I’m usually patient but in this day and age of “prime” 1 day/2day shipping I always find my self getting impatient when something takes a few days to leave. Not trait I am proud of.

Anyways I think the only thing that could be better then these two sets are if they made an animated version of the BatMobile. I wouldn’t even second guess that one.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2020, 03:39:36 PM »

I ordered the 1989 Batwing a few days ago. Waiting for it to ship. In the mean time I finally caved and ordered the Batmobile. I’ve wanted it since release but talked myself out of it. With the release of the Batwing I just had to have time both. Just finished bag 7 and really enjoying the build. I’d post pictures but they don’t do this thing justice and is difficult because of all the black. The design of this set is awesome and it’s gonna be a very impressive model once done I can already tell.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2020, 12:28:53 AM »

POINT

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2020, 10:00:55 PM »

POINT
I nearly soiled myself when I saw the Batmobile, and cursed....audibly...when I saw the Batwing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2020, 01:16:48 AM »

I nearly soiled myself when I saw the Batmobile, and cursed....audibly...when I saw the Batwing.

You should get them they are great builds. Both of them are massive and very detailed.
I can’t post a any photos of the BatMobile. It’s hard to photograph well being all black and my light box isn’t big enough.  That and it’s currently sitting in a display case in a museum.

Still building the bat wing. It’s massive to in over all size. Not as bulky or as solid as the BatMobile. Some pain in the butt fiddly sections but over all worth the outcome. I usually build in bed watching tv before I sleep. Not a good idea with this one. It really needs a large flat surface to sit one while building.

Oh and for those that may not have seen it there is a large scale Ecto-1 coming out on the 15th. It’s based on the one from the new movie but still amazing.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2020, 08:42:27 PM »

You should get them they are great builds. Both of them are massive and very detailed.
I can’t post a any photos of the BatMobile. It’s hard to photograph well being all black and my light box isn’t big enough.  That and it’s currently sitting in a display case in a museum.
Something about trying to save for a house.  Sad Cry

Start an imgur account. They have free photo hosting.

Sig by For Tyeth

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2020, 01:04:50 AM »

Something about trying to save for a house.  Sad Cry

Start an imgur account. They have free photo hosting.
I have a Imgur account. My problem is trying to photograph large, completely black, Lego models. That and I don’t have access currently to the BatMobile.

I understand completely about saving for a house. I used to own the UCS Falcon, the first one. Sold it to raise money for down payment on our house.

Wishlist

Sent back for upgrade.

Collection

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2020, 10:32:34 PM »

I have a Imgur account. My problem is trying to photograph large, completely black, Lego models. That and I don’t have access currently to the BatMobile.

I understand completely about saving for a house. I used to own the UCS Falcon, the first one. Sold it to raise money for down payment on our house.
Ouch

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: