Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: TOR RP OOC Discussion  (Read 6317 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1117

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 05:32:39 AM »

I'm assuming that you can post completed attacks if you already discussed them with your sparring partner beforehand.....

You can, because we don't want people writing one or two sentence posts regularly.

But also keep in mind that we expect there will be multiple Jedi vs multiple Sith vs multiple NPC battles coming up in the main TOR RP. Put simply, ten people CANNOT talk together OOC to agree what their actions are going to be in order to then write out the posts in game. When a battle like this does occur, you need to leave your posts open enough to fairly let others respond. You will also need to make sure you pay close attention to what is going on in the battle around you, and what is being discussed in OOC threads- things WILL get very hectic at times I promise! The training RPG is the perfect place to practice these skills.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Paul Strassner
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 05:34:39 AM »

Got it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A simple jedi of simple means.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 11:23:15 AM »

Hey pplz!

We have put up an example fight between Shayla and Ikis in this thread: Example of 1v1 Combat- Shayla and Ikis Training Scenario

This sparring match has been created as an example of player vs player combat in a TOR RPG setting. In this we have used a combination of delegating some of the opponent's actions while still leaving it open enough for the opponent player to respond as they want. None of this fight was planned out or talked about between Krace and myself, each post is simply a response to the other's.

If you have questions, feel free to post them here Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 12:27:37 PM »

I'll make sure to check it out.
 Tongue

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 12:06:10 AM »

So I've just realised that we have two Kols in the RP which makes things interesting.... wish I'd realised that earlier but we were kinda rushing to get Germasagon's character in.

Since its the first name for one and the surname for the other, may I please suggest that if you are referring to someone by their last name, address/ name them as Padawan/ Initiate such and such. That way we know if you say Padawan Kol you are referring to Das, but if you say Kol, it is Kol.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 132

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 07:32:19 AM »

That's pretty much how I've been doing it.  When Ikis speaks, he calls them by their title and surname.  In his thoughts or actions, I have him using their first names.

This is something that everybody will just need to be watchful of when they are posting.  Mainly you are going to see Ikis and Shayla referring to the Padawans by their title and surname when speaking.  Each of the Padawans though will probably use their first names with each other.  Just please be watchful and if you are confused, PM someone about their post before you post.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 08:28:19 AM »

Also, my apologies in taking so long to reply.  I was trying to wait until most everyone had posted their character coming over.  It has also taken me longer than I had originally thought have Ikis critique 8 people training in 4 pairs.  It's a lot to keep track of.  Tongue

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 05:35:22 AM »

Hey everyone, as we move into the second bout please be mindful of the other players and in game time and please don't fly ahead when others haven't started. The second round of dueling is probably a good opportunity to practice doing shorter, open ended posts to really allow your opponent to respond, rather than dictating the entire fight over one or two posts which you  basically wrote together OOC. Remember we did an Ikis and Shayla example for you to be able to read.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 03:45:46 AM »

My apologies to all the RPers but right now I'm just struggling too much to deal with RL. I can't promise whether I'll be contactable over the next few days on here. If you need something, talk to Krace- he knows how to contact me if it's necessary.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 11:28:21 AM »

Hope everything works itself out B1ondeange1.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 08:43:43 AM »

Just a couple of notes people.

Firstly: please make sure you are spell checking all your posts. Secondly: made sure you are spelling names of other characters correctly. A few people are repeat offenders in this.

None of us are perfect and we all miss things and make mistakes (us GMs are no exception!) but please make sure you put in the effort to double check as I have been seeing a lot of spelling and grammar errors of late, across all the RPGs not just this one Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 11:53:39 PM »

Thanks to all for covering for me! Great last post from Cya!!

I'm so sorry I've been so vacant over the last weeks, business with work was then taken over by a death in the family. I will also be on holiday over the next couple of weeks (we were going with the deceased, and have decided to still go in remembrance).

Thanks again for taking over, i may have to somehow end Das's journey and pick up with RPing sometime in the future.

All the very best!! And MTFBWY ALL!!

Adz

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

MikaelPfeffer
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 12

Balance in all things, including points!

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2015, 03:16:20 AM »

Made that journey several times my friend..... Be safe!

May peace be with you and your friends and family.... Be well....

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2015, 05:43:39 AM »

Thanks to all for covering for me! Great last post from Cya!!

I'm so sorry I've been so vacant over the last weeks, business with work was then taken over by a death in the family. I will also be on holiday over the next couple of weeks (we were going with the deceased, and have decided to still go in remembrance).

Thanks again for taking over, i may have to somehow end Das's journey and pick up with RPing sometime in the future.

All the very best!! And MTFBWY ALL!!

Adz

I was actually about to PM you, glad I checked here first Smiley I have a solution to get you out of the TOR RP legitimately and don't worry about the RPs, they'll still be here later when you are ready to come back. look after yourself and your family as they are far more important *hugs*

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 09:01:26 PM »

Just so everybody knows, I edited the post about the plants.  I made them only waist high rather than above waist high as I don't want it to seem overdone in how wild an initiate was able to make a plant grow so rapidly.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: