Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Quick disconnect question part 2  (Read 1084 times)
Xaviorbat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« on: June 09, 2015, 11:06:07 PM »

If I order an led with quick disconnects is it possible to request extra quick disconnects? Or at least both ends? Also do they come with wires in them or not? I want to build a custom saber from parts and I can get around soldering on most parts with crimp connectors but some of those are confusing from how they are pictured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 11:43:31 PM »

If I order an led with quick disconnects is it possible to request extra quick disconnects? Or at least both ends? Also do they come with wires in them or not? I want to build a custom saber from parts and I can get around soldering on most parts with crimp connectors but some of those are confusing from how they are pictured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you can get "extra QD's".  Send an email to info@ultrasabers.com and ask to purchase additional QD's.  Emory will be able to advise you on how to go about doing it on their ordering page.  REMEMBER:  Depending upon the "size" of the saber or model, using multiple QD's can take up space in the hilt.  Personally, I would use them sparingly.  Hope that helps.

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

MstrBlonde
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 06:49:37 AM »

Is it difficult to change a non-QD into a QD? I'm eyeballing a new LED color and would like to use QD, but my current saber doesn't have it and I'd like to convert it to a QD. If I can just order the new LED w/ QD and an extra QD that I can install myself, that would be stellar.

Archon v2.1 in Guardian Blue, Obsidian

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 07:12:13 AM »

Is it difficult to change a non-QD into a QD? I'm eyeballing a new LED color and would like to use QD, but my current saber doesn't have it and I'd like to convert it to a QD. If I can just order the new LED w/ QD and an extra QD that I can install myself, that would be stellar.

No, it's not hard.  You can get the LED or MLS with QD installed and then attach QD's to the feed wires from your board.

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 11:44:11 AM »

When you order an LED or MLS unit with quick disconnects, you'll get both ends so you can wire it straight into your existing hilt.

I've added quick disconnects to a Bellicose, a Shock, a Manticore, both a v3 Aeon and Dominix and a Liberator. It's not at all difficult if you have a steady hand and can keep the wires straight (I may have had issues with this in the past...)

I posted a tutorial on how to do it at: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=16431.0 My one suggestion would be to leave a reasonable length of wire on the end of each plug, particualrly if you're not using a hilt with a removal emitter, as it seems to make it easier to remove them from the hilt.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 02:00:59 AM »

For reference, this is what you get when you order a spare LED Module with quick disconnects...  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: