Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Are total NEWB instructions for loading sound fonts available anywhere?!?!  (Read 7549 times)
jmon47
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

Finn the Jedi

« on: June 13, 2015, 07:35:04 PM »

So, I got my saber the other day, and I love it, it is really an amazing device. I have one problem - figuring out the soundboard capability.

I got the Obsidian V4 soundboard, and after a few issues with the software not recognizing the connection (USB issue, eventually solved), I am able to "use" the software. However, I am completely clueless about what I'm doing, what I've already done, and how to get the saber to do what I want. I've watched videos which say everything is very easy to understand, read through posts which say that everything is very easy to understand, and I don't understand anything. Perhaps I'm an idiot; I'm willing to accept that.

Every time I connect the saber and look at a bank, it shows the sound files as all blank, even if I just loaded them before disconnecting, or think I loaded them. I think I changed my sounds, but when I did there were no more clash sounds when I strike a surface with the saber. Even if I select 'Load From Board' there is still no info in the Sounds Wizard section. With posts about v1.01, and v3.x.x, I'm not even sure anymore if I'm using the correct loader.

I saw a post in the reviews section that showed a paper instructions sheet about the V4 board - that paper was the first place I think I saw anything about changing fonts by holding down the button while the saber is OFF.

So, I would love a link to some good instructions for an idiot, or a video, or anything someone could point me towards. I would like help on: figuring out what's on the board now, making changes to what's on the board, making changes to what sounds play on the saber, and anything else I might need to know.

I'm also wondering if there's a way to 'reset' the board back to what it was when I got the saber - I think I deleted several of the banks that were on the saber (since I didn't know how to swap between).

THanks to anyone that's able to help me - I really like this thing, I just need a little help in understanding the sound features.

Something something, I'll figure out a good sig once I've learned the ropes here...

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 08:35:01 PM »

Okay, sounds like a bigger problem...I'll try to summarize what I've understood from your post:
1. You connected your saber to the v4 Launcher (because you have a v4 Obsidian sound board).
2. You made changes to the default sound fonts in a case that they don't show up in the launcher anymore (normally it should show you all banks with the appropiate sound fonts).

First thing I'd like to know: where do you see that "load from board" option for sound fonts? I only see that for the sensor settings...
Second thing: my solution attempt Cheesy
a) It sounds like the banks have emptied somehow - either because you deleted the banks or you accidently used the "Format Memory" option.
b) If you still have the paper explaining the v4 feature regarding changing sound fonts without the launcher, look at the names of the sound fonts and then try to download them from the US homepage again.
c) When you did that, create the appropiate number of banks for each sound font package.
d) Now, put the different files (boot, power on etc.) into their respective category (Tag/Boot, Power On etc.).
e) Go to the option "Write Sounds" at the end of the list in the left box.
f) Then, click "Write sounds" at the bottom of the launcher (it's between "Previous" and "Cancel"). This should give you back the default fonts of the saber.

Remember: every time you edit sound files, you always need to click the final "Write sounds" at the bottom! It's not enough to put them into the banks and then disconnect the saber or simply click "Write sounds" in the left box, this does NOT update the sound board!

If you have pics (or if you can take some) of the launcher and its content when the saber is connected, post them! That could help a lot to solve the problem Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Locutis
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -100

Jedi or Sith? Let the board decide my fate!

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 11:19:14 PM »

I saw a post in the reviews section that showed a paper instructions sheet about the V4 board - that paper was the first place I think I saw anything about changing fonts by holding down the button while the saber is OFF.

Is this what you're looking for?

This is the instructions that come with the v4 soundboard  Smiley

Emerald Menace SE*
~Emerald Manticore*
Dark Monarch Scepter CG*
Dark Arbiter DVA*
Scorpion FO*
Dark Prophecy SY*
Shock GB*
~Overlord SRD*
~Liberator CE BR
~Dark Liberator AB
Dominix V3 AS
Phantasm LE CG
Prophecy V3 DVA
Standard Issue
Raven BR
Aeon LE V3 GB
Initiate V3 ABx2 & HP
Dominix V2 BR
Aeon V2 GB & EG
*Obsidian
~Raffle Prize

jmon47
Force Sensitive

Finn the Jedi

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 06:03:55 AM »

Thanks so much for the replies...first of all I forgot to turn on notifications so I just saw these.

Racona Nova, I believe you did a good job explaining my dilemma and how I should be able to fix it. Thanks.

Locutis, that's the paper I was talking about. I did not get this or anything like it with my saber. So I didn't realize until it was too late that I was doing something wrong.

I am now leaving town for a week and I've already put my batteries in the charger, so I will have to attempt to fix my problem next weekend when I get back home.

Once again, thanks for your help and I'll post here if I have more questions.

Something something, I'll figure out a good sig once I've learned the ropes here...

jmon47
Force Sensitive

Finn the Jedi

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 11:32:17 PM »

So, thanks to those that responded here, plus an email from Emory helping figure things out a little more, I've been able to load multiple sound fonts into my sound board, and I've figured out how to switch between them. ONE of my (many) problems previously was that the boot sound file was the same for a whole bunch of sound files I was using, so even when I was switching between them I didn't realize it was actually happening.

THanks again, very happy with my purchase, less than 2 weeks to SDCC, so if you see someone dressed like Finn the Human, wearing an Initiate V4, that's me, and please stop and say hi!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:36:34 PM by jmon47 » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: