Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Initiate VS. Aeon  (Read 4342 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 12:04:40 PM »

I agree with the above posts:  Guardian Blue makes a GREAT color for your first saber.  Very bright, very vivid.  The silver is cool in its own way if that's your thing - the color discs included with it allow you to customize the color a little bit, which is nice.  I just think if you got the silver you might find yourself unimpressed, especially compared to the blue.  Go with blue, you won't regret it.

ThatAnnoying-Dog
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 01:43:15 PM »

I agree with the above posts:  Guardian Blue makes a GREAT color for your first saber.  Very bright, very vivid.  The silver is cool in its own way if that's your thing - the color discs included with it allow you to customize the color a little bit, which is nice.  I just think if you got the silver you might find yourself unimpressed, especially compared to the blue.  Go with blue, you won't regret it.
Cool! Thanks for the feedback, blue it is!

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 02:34:45 PM »

I was in the middle for some time with those sabers. I switch my stlye up quite a bit at times, so I needed something balanced. I know I wanted a shorter blade because the longer ones just aren't me. I ended up choosing the Aeon because you have a longer mid section when its a staff.  I stuck with the initiate blades to keep the staff a little shorter than me. As for single handed dueling, consider what will happen if your arm gets tired, will you saber give you comfortable room with dueling? Also, think of your hand placement. If you single hand an aeon, you will most likely grab between the emitter and button, leaving a good chunk of handle just there. This isn't too much of an issue, but does pertain to some instances. Now having tried the Aeon with a 24 in. blade, I want my next saber to be an initiate handle with a slightly longer blade, knowing I want to be a little quicker. Just consider what you would use the saber for and how. Just starting out, it may not make much of a difference, but maybe so if you consider dual wielding or a staff form.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

ThatAnnoying-Dog
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 10:16:31 PM »

Woohoo! Probably my last question, so should I get the UltraEdge MidGrade, or UltraEdge Heavy Grade? I don't duel much, but when I do you could say I hit kinda hard.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »

Woohoo! Probably my last question, so should I get the UltraEdge MidGrade, or UltraEdge Heavy Grade? I don't duel much, but when I do you could say I hit kinda hard.

Contrary to what you would think, BOTH those blades are incredibly durable.  The midgrade is more flexible and thinner walled, making it less strong but also less dangerous than the heavy grade.  I typically recommend the midgrade - I haven't heard of too many people breaking those.  If you REALLY wanna have a super durable blade though, you can get the heavy.

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 10:48:45 PM »

I highly recommend against the UltraEdge HeavyGrade blade in any case. In my experience the double thick walls suck up too much light from the LED making it less fun. If you want the UltraEdge, get the mid-grade blade.

If you are at all concerned with durability (though as pointed out immediately above the midgrade is plenty tough) then by all means get the heavy grade blade, but skip the UltraEdge.

My favorite blade, by far, is the heavy grade standard edge. It is unbreakable and gives you the smallest visible diameter of any of the four choices (half that of the UE/HG) which, in my opinion, makes it look much more like a lightsaber. It also looks rock on cool when unlit, while either of the UltraEdge blades look like a big milky fluorescent light bulb unless turned on.

Heavy Grade Standard Edge = Win/Win/Win. My two cents.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:55:13 PM by navajas » Logged

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 03:16:22 AM »

I have an Ultra Edge Heavy Grade, but that's cause my main opponent is a tree(literally.) I don't find it sucks up enough brightness to be noticeable, but that's just me. And I recommend Mid grade, unless you plan on dueling a tree like I do the heavy seems to be unnecessary.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: