Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Are there any sound fonts that make the saber sound more or less broken?  (Read 4159 times)
Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« on: June 17, 2015, 02:37:08 AM »

I'm looking for something that has pops, crackles, and short circuity sounds - I've heard the unstable sound font that exists, but it's not damaged sounding enough for my taste.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 07:41:05 PM »

Hi.  I'm sure that I have heard a good one but might be through another saber maker.  Have you got a v4 Obsidian ?  The Ancient sound font might be okay enough until you find or make what you are wanting.  There's a member who has posted Sound Font Sundays that may be able to assist you.  Also I think that Zren Tobas sometimes makes sound fonts.  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:45:41 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 10:50:08 PM »

Yeah, I have the v4.
I'm not into the Ancient Saber font.
I'm looking for something that is still clearly a lightsaber sound, but with pops and sizzles.

The search continues!

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »

You might need the assistance of a talented beat boxer.  Wonder if we have any on this forum.   Smiley

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 06:37:27 PM »

Yeah, my favorite sound is still the Obsidian font, but something, not necessarily more broken, but angrier, would be cool.

The "Snap/hiss" of powering up with a little more hiss "like opening and igniting an acetylene torch, but with the electric hum and wail of a capacitor charging.

The baseline Humm broken up with the ocassional crackle like a small static discharge and a background whistle of gas escaping through a valve

and clash/ lockup sounds that crackle and boom like lightning or explosions.

And  a power down that includes a couple of a couple of "coughing backfires" like a poorly tuned car's exhaust, or a propane heater shut off by cutting off its fuel supply.

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 08:30:21 PM »

Yeah, my favorite sound is still the Obsidian font, but something, not necessarily more broken, but angrier, would be cool.

The "Snap/hiss" of powering up with a little more hiss "like opening and igniting an acetylene torch, but with the electric hum and wail of a capacitor charging.

The baseline Humm broken up with the ocassional crackle like a small static discharge and a background whistle of gas escaping through a valve

and clash/ lockup sounds that crackle and boom like lightning or explosions.

And  a power down that includes a couple of a couple of "coughing backfires" like a poorly tuned car's exhaust, or a propane heater shut off by cutting off its fuel supply.
Yup, that's pretty much exactly what I was imagining in a font.
Just lots of extra noise, for lack of a better word, mixed in with a standard hum.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: